3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Raskolnikov69 14.10.21 10:55 pm

Temperature Hot Question (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everybody! Actually, I ran into a new problem, the case began to heat up quite strongly, the video card (gtx960) heats up to 68. I climbed on the Internet, they say any temperature up to 70 is still normal. Everything is in order in the game, I don't see any problems, I play at High (fullHD). It's still scary, when I run my hand over the body, it seems as if I can put the kettle on to warm up. Advise something, and in general tell me, how bad is it? I would be very grateful. All good!
16 Comments
Sort by:
C
CiaphasCain 14.10.21

Check coolers on vidyuha. mb something is wrong with them

R
Raskolnikov69 14.10.21

CiaphasCain,
besides the fact that they are spinning, I can hardly say something else)

D
Danil Zotov 14.10.21

yes damn this is a normal temperature for such a card

G
GG4 14.10.21

TarantinoKV
Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and see the maximum operating temperature, then think about it.

H
Hattack 14.10.21

TarantinoKV
Clean the case of the computer and vidyahu from dust and wool (if there is a domestic animal))
If the video card is more than 6 months old, then it is better to change the thermal paste.

S
Sanchez ramirez 14.10.21

For people, up to 70 percentages reach during overclocking, and for a 70+ video card, the temperature is normal. Some even have a maximum operating temperature of 100-105 degrees.

R
Raskolnikov69 14.10.21

Sanchez Ramirez
well, yes, I read about it, it's just so dumb when you touch the body, that's the only reason I ask, play it safe once again

R
Ryogi Shiki 14.10.21

my normal temperature
warmed up to ~ 100 a couple of times, so the wiring got stuck in the cooler. it's good that I quickly figured out to see what was there

O
OlololKing 14.10.21

TarantinoKV
I have the same temperature in a small acceleration ... the 960 asus turbo card ... also only in the Witcher it gets so hot, so don't ssy))

S
Shadowarm 14.10.21

This is an adequate temperature, my 280x heats up to 70

s
saa0891 14.10.21

TarantinoKV The

Witcher 3 is one of those games that load vidyahu very well, and this temperature is quite normal, if it worries you very much, then you can simply set the cooler operation algorithm depending on the temperature in MSI Afterburner, but I repeat, such a temperature for such a demanding games are quite normal.

a
andryuha24 14.10.21

he says his body is heating up! maybe your case is breathing badly? it is poorly cooled, dusty, for vidyuhi there is not enough place, so she and the temperature on the body!

S
Saint.Demidroll 14.10.21

TarantinoKV
As saa0891 wrote above, there is a wonderful program called MSI Afterburner, with its help you can set the rotational speed of the cooler. Provided that the cooler rotation speed is set at least 10 higher than the temperature on the graph, then my MSI GTX 960, in principle, does not heat up more than 53-56 ° (if, for example, the witcher is launched with maximum settings). And without adjusting the coolers, like yours, it rises to 68-70 °. There is a plug on the disk with firewood on the map, but it is better, of course, to download a newer version for free from the official website.

K
Kosolapyi1 14.10.21

My 770 heats up to 82. It seems that there were no problems, the game was played 3 times.

S
Stifler's mom 14.10.21

Weird. Nobody has advised to reinstall Windows yet. This is the best solution to all problems)
As for the question, just clean the system unit from dust, install an additional cooler, the cooling system may not be able to cope. If it is heated only in games, then it's not scary. From some games, the system player turns into a helicopter. But if in idle time, then the problem is

C
CiaphasCain 14.10.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg
Reinstallation of Windows does not affect the work of iron.
exclusively on the software of this very hardware, but reinstalling the drivers and without demolishing the OS is done without problems