3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gelion_Prime 15.10.21 09:24 pm

Bugs to help you survive (Dead Space 3)

I noticed that many games have their own, so to speak, flaws that you can use for your own purposes. DS3 is full of such) Probably each of you noticed that necromorphs attack (jump out) only under certain conditions. For example, while you are standing on the elevator platform, no one will rush at you. And after getting off the platform, they immediately begin to climb from all the cracks, but if you return to the platform, necrets will climb through the holes, and while standing on the platform, you can safely recharge), such a trick is also obtained when leaving the usual elevator, the main thing is that the doors do not close (after closing enemies respawn in 90% of doors). Still, I don't remember the chapter, there you get out of the trolley and you have to go to the elevator (there is still a door to the right of the elevator) and after calling the elevator, first one immortal pops up, with a retinue, and then another joins him. So, who is tired of running from them in a circle, firing cartridges into an empty one, I advise you to return to the waggonet in which you arrived (it remains open). As soon as you enter it, these two dumbbells will climb into the ventilation at the top, and will not climb out until you leave the trolley, and when the elevator arrives, it will open open, the inscription can be seen from the “shelter”. And this is only a small part, be careful and you will definitely find some of your own tricks on how to gut these ghouls, without harm, for your health :) I suggest you post your observations here
13 Comments
Sort by:
[
[Shelby] 15.10.21

Well, I'll write my observations too.
In the chapter where Isaac and Carver "softly" land on the planet, and they are greeted with joy, warmth and soul by the necromorphs, you have to walk from the first small outpost to the other so as not to freeze. So, (I think most have already guessed what I mean) in the very first, let's say, outpost (where you still need to turn the steering wheel on the generator), if you go inside, collect all the supplies, then go outside, wait until the door closes completely , and then go back in, then all useful parts and other scrap metal will immediately spawn there. This feature can be repeated even to blue in the face.

PS All good xD

S
Stormreaver 15.10.21

Slash_51 You
can also get to the Drill on the Easy (Lower difficulty = More resources), there you can chop up necromorphs and collect mountains of resources (it is important to do this as they fall) until you get bored. (The main thing is not to finish off the drill, but when the necromorphs run out, go out and load the last save)

Profit is much faster and better.

There is also an option with memorizing "endless" points for the bot, to which you can easily and quickly reach and release it there.

If you are going to go through xHARDKORh, then you can go through Survival first and get a decent set of resources and a set of all weapon parts (Rifle with Magnetic Wave and Flare Gun in the 3rd chapter, the rules are so).

Few people know, but in the 14th chapter, many fights can be made much easier. For example, when Hunters and Slashers attack you among the ice blocks in front of the Geology building, you can rush to the doors of Geology. What is the profit in this? Monsters will not appear behind you and the Hunters will run along the same trajectory and it will be very easy to shoot them.

In the 18th chapter, after the first flight, you will find yourself in a zone with obelisks and Hunters. The principle of the elevator works there - right at the entrance you can take a step forward, call the Hunters, and then step back - they will ignore you, but you can shoot them. In the same chapter, during the last battle with Cerberus ... By unitologists, if the barrier (which is raised by kinesis) is taken to the left bridge, then the enemies will not go from there. As a result, you can safely clean up the right wing first, then the left one (relevant for high difficulty, where the guys with shotguns are rather robust)

G
Gelion_Prime 15.10.21

I also noticed a cool thing, in the game there are things like rectangular boxes (with icons on the wide side), or covers from panels, in general, objects of a large area, the current can be used as a shield with them. Namely, holding the kinesis in front of you somewhere at the level of the belt, and when a few necros rests against the “shield” to push it away, and the more the kinesis is pumped, the farther they bounce, however, it is better to do this in a narrow passage so that the ghouls do not go around the “shield”. Although they are stupid, they know how to walk around. Thus, we win 2-3 seconds. to recharge :) Use on health

[
[Shelby] 15.10.21

gelionprime666
Still, the best shield is the upgraded stasis module. And I never used ponel-shields. But still, a useful trick.

C
Cvoxalury 15.10.21

For example, when Hunters and Slashers attack you among the ice blocks in front of the Geology building,
will you find yourself in a zone with obelisks and Hunters

Hunters? I may not remember the levels so well, but aren't there Stalkers there? The hunter is a renegade from DC1, and in 3, according to the wiki, they are simply called renegades.

G
Gelion_Prime 15.10.21

Maybe someone will be interested, and useful. In some places there are such shit by type, so to speak, "stretch marks" they are on the ceiling, on the walls and on the floor, and when you get close enough they spit out some shit that explodes. So if you shoot or throw something at this shnyaga and immediately kinesis, you will catch just the "explosive" itself, and you can use it at your discretion. Most likely many knew about this, but I decided to write for not many)

C
Cvoxalury 15.10.21

Well, yes. And in the second part there were cysts. For convenience, it is convenient to use stasis on them. But what is the relation here to bugs?

G
Gelion_Prime 15.10.21

Well, yes, I agree here - not a bug, but a little trick)

D
Dаli 15.10.21

Well, in order, all methods are nerdy, but sometimes they help out.
1. save / load on checkpoints has not been canceled, the boxes are re-generated.
2. The very first room where the game actually starts contains an infinite resource, we go out and go in and voila ... Why wait for the 8th level, with all the known bug, when it is in the first location. The probability of a random tungsten is quite high, if it persists after finding tungsten, then with a new load, the fallout of the subject is higher than if you continue to run to open and close the door.
3. Fierce bug with the probe))) in the 11th chapter, when we found all the details of the probe, we go to the workbench, make the probe and save, the probe remains. Next, we load the save again, we have three parts and the probe itself, we repeat ad infinitum, unloaded trawls (as the probe is now called) accumulate in the safe. What is the profit? Everything is very simple, an unloaded trawl is the same probe, but a clumsy modernization is in progress. In addition, it contains three nodes, everything is disassembled and sold, from here from a dozen such devices you can cut hundreds of tungsten, semiconductors and metal)))

Beta testers, you can safely put a two)

j
jekapromen 15.10.21

how to load the trawl

F
FaNat1k002 15.10.21

Maybe someone already knows, but decided to write. This does not attract a bug, but in the special. the weapon creation room, in the menu where there is a choice of chapters, if you release search robots, they will bring you a lot of cards, from 6-20 (2 robots at a time without dls for the volume of res). It is especially useful if you have a robot accelerator and the amount of resources found. In the meantime, you can pick up all kinds of weapons and try out on necromorphs, in general, this is the essence of this room.) For 30 minutes (with a bot accelerator), you can collect up to 120 cards, for which you can buy special packs with many res with modules. .. just do not forget to press save and exit, and then the entire inventory will be saved, your cap))) Happy game!

t
tanyarafflesia 15.10.21

see what a funny glitch in the game)

D
Ded_Mazay1991 15.10.21

Too high FPS in the game is also not always good. On my GeForce 980 without vertical synchronization, the frequency sometimes goes over 600 and this causes a lot of glitches (character models stretch unnaturally, objects with physics, such as cans or fire extinguishers, twitch by themselves even if you don't interact with them). And vertical sync cuts down to 30 FPS. Here's how to fix on a comfortable eye and nerve cells 60 FPS?