3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
opposer 23.10.21 10:56 pm

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

just tried a "new" PSP game. Capitalist American Pigs keep their promises - no new PSP games, just trims, stubs and remnants. Here's another one. At the same time, for some reason, the arguments "I already have this game purchased for PS2, why should I buy it again?" do not accept. Immediately "pirate", "thief", "because of people like you died Clover Leaf Studios" ...
PoP The Two Thrones was quite a credible rehabilitation after the disastrously lost Warrior Within series, when Yubiki decided to radically change the situation with poor sales of the first part and made an "evil hack" for stupid teenagers out of an oriental action-adventure tale. Oriental tunes were replaced by "mital" from the "Gopshmyak" group, women's assholes appeared close-up, dirty swearing, pop "cool" swords with unimaginable guards, general "gothic" and "vicious" interior (aggressive teenagers love "wickedness" in the style of howling about Mulatto, Mosquito, Albino and Libido from the gravedigger of rock music Kurt Kobel). The emphasis has shifted to bloody chopping, chopping bosses and releasing guts. For some reason, such Konovalsky measures did not help the game much. And Yubiki decided to go back to basics ... to try more precisely. Two Thrones was much more exciting than the second part. In particular, there was no annoying backtracking. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time.
Now sobsna about the port. It is known that it is impossible to play practically anything on the PSP, due to the fact that the money during the development of the console went to the "glamor" and "circle" behind. And as a result, it is impossible to implement control in 3d, in principle, you have to be perverted. The only game where it went was Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. For some reason they did not guess from her to steal the centering of the camera along the left shift, they hung it on the "left arrow". You have to remove your finger from the bump. How many speed-kills are screwed up because of this, how many jumps into the void are made because of the low speed of an analog bump - you can't count. But you can play. And even necessary.
The second problem, she is the benefactor of graphics. The transfer levels were not affected at all. A huge number of polygons, which the PSP baby does not understand how it grinds. The problem is that, just like in the first part, the texture resolution on the heroes was drastically reduced. And since you observe the hero next to the camera, it is very, very noticeable and unpleasant. With Big Boss from MGSPO, with the hero Siphon Filter, I did not lie around. But the rest, again, is great.
Lots of bugs with sound. There is almost no clanging of blades, often the music changes out of place and so on. The same as in Warrior Within.
As a result, if this game cost, say, 700 rubles, if the licensed box of the version from another platform was presented, the price would not be there. If you have not played TTT (which is doubtful), take it without hesitation, because the game is first-class. If you played and went through, then it depends on you whether you will give 1700 rubles for a second play. Not many games on PSP are seen in the future, the platform is dying ...
22 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 23.10.21

[b] opposer [/ b], what did you want? there are few buttons on the PSP and there is no analogue of the right one, the same story with the tomb rider of legends on the PSP, it is impossible to play (although some manage)

o
opposer 23.10.21

in my opinion, hanging the centering of the camera on L is obvious, as in MGSPO. Helps a lot.
in the Legend, yes, it is unrealistic to play.

I don’t understand at all why games on PSP are sold in a circulation of at least 10 copies. Most of the controls are simply unplayable.

I
Ilyusha 23.10.21

I would like to know how he does it

A
ACE 23.10.21

[b] Goofee [/ b], probably bad. and who needs a port of such an old game. besides, 2 and 3 princes IMHO muck
would be better if they ported the sands

o
opposer 23.10.21

Yes sir. Sands is the best prince.

I
Ilyusha 23.10.21

[b] ACE [/ b], I played only in sands of time just. and that was a long time ago, so I don't remember anything :)

D
Dr. Robotnic 23.10.21

It's just good that the sands were not included in the lists of these ports and alterations, their dirty hands did not rise on them))
About the second part. Maybe it was made for the sake of aggressive teenagers, but it was done masterfully, it really is a gothic-aggressive game with a great atmosphere, this is not a pathetic attempt to portray a cool dark macho prince, the developers did it. But this version of the prince did not seduce many, probably the point is in the genre of the game, do not change your appearance, but in fact the same prince.
[quote] cal of dyuti [/ quote]
: gigi:

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 3 minutes 43 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

By the way, I didn't like the videos in the third part. Kaileena began to look generally creepy, and the Prince became somehow boring. Êàî design upset.

o
opposer 23.10.21

backtracking a thousand times also refers to "the developers worked it out"?

D
Dr. Robotnic 23.10.21

I forgive everything for the atmosphere.

g
gojira 23.10.21

Prince of persia: rival swords is like two thrones with wii controls, right?

A
ACE 23.10.21

[b] gojira [/ b], yes

a
alpix 23.10.21

What's wrong with PSP controls? Yes, it would be much better with the second analogue. But in the same SF: DM, Daxter, R&C, GTA, etc. management is quite convenient.
And what epithets are bright! :-D

IMHO, even in revelations, the controls were quite friendly (except for a couple of points)

o
ok 23.10.21

[b] opposer [/ b], well written. Interesting.
I have one disk from the PSP and also prYnts, they gave it to the "load". For the second part. Didn't pass the first boss on the ship, not interesting. Although the management seems to be nothing.
And the best thing that I have played on PSP is still Dexter. A very interesting and beautiful toy. All the same series about Jack, after all.
That is why the game for PSP is as good for PS2? This is not fair.
And the prince is good only in the first part, further is not the same. And even more so these games are not for PSP. Still the DMC would be ported. Although Kratos is on his way, the PSP killer is literally.
The third RoR part I did not like especially with the final boss - generally tough. This has never happened to me. I sat stupidly and could not pass it for long hours. Repeating everything over and over. : dn:

A
ACE 23.10.21

[b] oleg klopov [/ b], the final boss of 3 parts and on pc / ps2 / x1 it is impossible to go through the first time, I passed it from the 40th time ... I tried to defeat him for a week - and the main thing is not the boss, but the camera idiotic, otherwise you show and jump in the wrong place, in the end you fall and die :? : dn:

a
alpix 23.10.21

Means with the hands of the problem)))
Passed it on the third attempt.

o
ok 23.10.21

[b] alpix [/ b], you know, I don’t play easy.
And the boss is not easy, especially those boulders flying and jumping over the wreckage to get to him. And it's not in the hands of the matter.

A
ACE 23.10.21

I played on the normal. I had a friend on ISI, he said that he was also tormented

o
opposer 23.10.21

so there is a time dilation! you cut in and go around the cobblestones! You run into the column and speed-kill!
I fucked Kaylina in BB more, the boss is much dumber.
and the Vizier is fine, from the third time I already knew when the combo was enough to make

it convenient to play Daxter ?? Siphon ??? GTA ???? threw nah!
in MGSPO was acceptable. Everything else is a disaster. Only LokoRoko, MGA and Tekken are normal.

this and other credits are in my LJ on
[url = http: //true-3pac.livejournal.com/] http://true-3pac.livejournal.com/ [/ url]

a
alpix 23.10.21

[quote] alpix, you know, but I don't play "easy" [/ quote] But a noble comedian!
[Quote] so there is a slowing down of time! you cut in and go around the cobblestones! You run into the column and speed-kill!
I fucked Kaylina in BB more, the boss is much dumber.
and the Vizier is fine, from the third time I already knew when it was enough to make a combo [/ quote] +1
[quote] is it convenient to play Daxter ?? Siphon ??? GTA ???? threw nah!
in MGSPO was acceptable. Everything else is a disaster. Only LokoRoko, MGA and Tekken are normal. [/ quote] I disagree with you. In MGS, the camera is not more convenient than in the Siphon.

o
opposer 23.10.21

in MGSPO super dynamics are not needed, and there you can do many things without an accurate camera