3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21 10:08 pm

Suddenly the games started to close!

Another problem that I face for the first time. Games began to wind down suddenly. I started to observe this problem yesterday, after I installed another game, which turned out to be Battlefield 2142. And at first I thought it was because of this game, and then I deleted it, but the problem persisted. Further, after reading in Google that the problem might be with firewood, I reinstalled all the firewood. Both the firewood of the video card and the sound one, which many have complained about in Google in various posts. And still nothing helped. Further, I thought that the keyboard, I cleaned it properly, but still, the problem did not disappear. I unplugged my USB keyboard and plugged in an old 4U keyboard, with the usual type of connection (I do not know what is called but not USB), but the problem still persists. I checked the computer for viruses with ESET NOD antivirus, but it only blocks software for Windows, like the Daemon Tools program in which there is nothing superfluous and the Xpadder gamepad emulator, which did not give me any problems before, but does not find anything else. In general, the antivirus tries to block the software I need, but does not specifically look for viruses.

In general, we need help solving the problem. Operating system Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1. I don't want to reinstall Windows, re-setting everything and all that jazz. For too long and gemorno. Therefore, I appeal to you for help. Maybe someone faced such a problem and knows how to solve it?

By the way, yes, Battlefield 2142 itself has a mod that adapts it for offline play with bots, since its server has long been dead and you can't play it without these crutches. I downloaded a repack of this game from the rutor info website. Repack from canek77.

I would also like to add that, in Google, I did not find a solution to my problem. And the processes that some articles refer to and advise to disable them, such as ouc.exe and TWCU.exe, are stupidly missing from me. Even when the game is minimized and I open the task manager to look at the processes, they are still not there. Therefore, this option does not suit me either. I also noticed in the task manager that the Windows PowerShell ISE process pops up briefly and immediately disappears, as if it did not exist at all. Maybe it's because of him that the games are curtailed?
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
DeathColdUA wrote:
... thought it was because of this game, and then deleted it, but the problem did not disappear ...
Was it completely deleted, with cleaning all "tails" (folders / files / registry entries) in the system?
... noticed in the task manager that the process jumps out briefly ...
Check autorun to see if there is anything new and unnecessary there when the system starts up. Also in programs and components (Enabling or disabling Windows components), disable everything that is not used.

B
BDmitriy 28.10.21

This your Sanya stuffed something into the release or the author who posted it. Rutor is such a resource, and releases with garbage slip there. Once I downloaded Crysis from there

r
requiemmm 28.10.21

You need any firewall with application protection, I've been using Outpost Firewall as a dead one for a hundred years. The bottom line is that in paranoia mode you will receive a window of the form "FKUMOM.exe requests a remote connection direct access to the disk something else there" for each process "Allow Block?" You can google every obscure bullshit, and also just turn on the blocking mode, which blocks everything that does not have permissions. A virus may be in the system, but this bullshit will prevent it from working.

s
saksnboom 28.10.21

miner you have, but crooked.
they often hide from the task manager.
download "Process explorer" or "Process Hacker" - they are better than the built-in task manager.
Look in the assigned tasks (planner) that there is an outsider.
Using the "Autoruns" utility (from the same Sysinternals, as well as Process Explorer) look at autoloading.
Run everything as an administrator!
Well, I also recommend the AVZ utility.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

SonyK_2
Yes, the game was completely uninstalled through the Uninstall Tool, with a complete cleaning of the registry from its components. Nothing superfluous appeared in the startup. Yesterday I checked it.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

saksnboom
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to use Process Explorer. Maybe he'll show you something.

W
Wolfram carbide 28.10.21

Dr. Web CureIt made a bootable flash, booted, checked.

s
saksnboom 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
and rename it before launch, just to be sure

S
Sir.Rumata 28.10.21

If you suddenly solved the problem, be a friend, write down exactly how)

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Sir.Rumata
Hello. By reinstalling Windows. Otherwise I could not. I tried to find the processes that interfere, but found nothing superfluous. I tried to scan the same garbage for viruses. Therefore, I had to demolish the Windows and reinstall it. It took two hours, though. For while I installed, activated, configured, installed everything and all that jazz. In general, such things. But now I have created a restore point, just to be sure. So I was reinsured.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Wolfram carbide
saksnboom
Thank you for your help, but I have already solved the problem by reinstalling Windows. But this time he was reinsured and made a recovery point, just to be sure. Now I will know that that repack of Battlefield 2142 from canek77 is quite dangerous.

v
vasilenko2 12.09.22

You need any firewall with application protection feature, I've been using the dead Outpost Firewall for a hundred years. The bottom line is that in paranoia mode, you will receive a view window for each process that requests a remote connection direct disk access something else "Allow Block? You can google every incomprehensible garbage, and also just turn on the blocking mode, which blocks everything that does not have permissions.The virus may be in the system, but this garbage will not let it work.You can also use this site for vpn https://freevpnplanet.com/