3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anteyb 28.10.21 10:24 pm

Power Supply

Tell
me which one took the power supply up to 3-4k I found a couple of options here myself, Cougar VTE600, Aerocool VX PLUS 650W, Thermaltake TR2 S 500 W what do you think? Well, I would like it to be quiet under load.
8 Comments
Sort by:
k
ksasha97 28.10.21

Of all these, I know only about Aerocul, but they tend to burn

I
IngwardIn 28.10.21

Anteyb
AeroCool vx is definitely not - this is just the same meme power supply that is not reliable and carries away components.

Thermaltake TR2 S 500 W - overpriced for a not very high-quality PSU.

Of all the proposed standards, only Cougar but instead of VTE600, STX600 is better. VTE is not very good.

It is better not to save on the power supply unit, since if something happens, you can lose the entire system. If the budget is too tight, it is better to take less wattage, since cheap PSUs with high wattage will still not issue the declared ones.

k
ksasha97 28.10.21

By the way, I advise Chieftec or bequiet, for five years the Chief has been

P
POLKOVNIK2005 28.10.21

ksasha97
Yes, let it burn (* usually burns due to overload), the main thing is that the protection is good, and does not pull the replacement of the entire PC with it.
PS And yes, in the entire history of my PCs since 2000, the block burned out once and everything was all about replacing the power supply unit.

I
IngwardIn 28.10.21

POLKOVNIK2005
In addition to overload, there are voltage drops. So even if you turn off, blink the light or just jump, the power supply unit may not survive.
Also, ripple on the 12v line is an important factor, which, if there is a bad network filter or its absence, ruin the video card.
The efficiency also depends on the components, the components depend on the heating of the power supply unit, the silence of the power supply unit depends on its heating.
And often in cheap blocks, wires contain metal and vx is just one of those.

So it will not work to sit on two chairs - and take a cheap one and with protections, reliable, in any case you have to go into the price category 4k +.
What was in 2000-2010 remained there.

A
Anteyb 28.10.21

IngwardIn
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/c02358647c8d3361/blok-pitania-cougar-stx-550w-cgr-st-550/
Well, this did not seem to bad reviews are good or have options that you can offer? I don't need a lot of watt.

I
IngwardIn 28.10.21

Anteyb
I know that stx 650 is good. In theory, 550 should be at the level, but you expect that it will hardly give 550vat.

S
Sergjiei 28.10.21

Anteyb
Cougar crap, makes noise under load.