3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DogiSTER 28.10.21 10:37 pm

Hot discussions of the pros and cons of the game (Risen 2: Dark Waters)

It seems to be not bad, but I liked the first part more.
68 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex side 28.10.21

DogiSTER
Agree

A
ANDJ 28.10.21

Just started playing. So far, only Patty's image has pleased. The animation is not chic (especially high-speed running), including dialog. IMHO, piranhas have enough funds to use motion capture technology. But I’m not watching yet.
Graphics are also not a fairy tale. That is the sharp disappearance and appearance of objects. Then, during the dialogue, part of the characters' armor behaves inappropriately (the binding could be made in a little more detail), and this is striking. But in general, they killed the transformations of the greenery on the island (there, right on the coast on the hill, to the right of the ship) when approaching / moving away from them. This is superfluous, I think so.
And the plot has not yet caught on.
BUT I'm still playing Beta. Hopefully the normal version is better.
And further. I haven't really delved into it yet. But, in my opinion, the pumping system looks like an arcane one.

I
Iotar 28.10.21

So far, only Patty's image has pleased.
Well, thank God, at least someone likes it))
piranhas have enough funds to use motion capture technology. But I’m not watching yet.
Most of the animations in the game are created using motion capture. Oddly enough, but true.
in my opinion, the pumping system looks like an arcane one.
The pumping is not similar to Arkanievskaya.

The pluses are a
non-standard RPG setting,
dirty tricks, the
magic of voodoo.
The minuses, the
fighting feels worse than in the first part, a
weak (judging by the reviews) plot. (It still started from the night of the crow, when Bjorn Pankratz grabbed the lyrics. With all due respect, he is the weakest link in the team.)
-QTE - they are not needed here
-too many quests in the spirit of collect / kill
-reduced in comparison with the first part of the interactivity of the world

o
olexx72 28.10.21

The combat is generally utter nonsense, you want to make a bounce from the mob, and the gy unfolds and you have a mob for w * ny, no tactics in battle, only click-click-click, in diablo and then there is a lot of freedom in battle, after 1-2 gothic like killed the boevka, so it only gets worse and worse with their new games, and the rest of the gameplay is pumping from the first Gothic to all subsequent games from piranhas with minimal variations (mainly in the direction of cutting everything and everything) IMHO.

D
Don Dragon Deniro 28.10.21

Risen 2, like all Piranha games, has one BIG PLUS, this is that Risen 2 does not want to be turned off! I want to play and play, explore the world, communicate, pump, steal, intimidate, talk, fight, complete quest after quest and advance through the plot. Awesome Atmosphere and Spirit of Real Adventure all this is in Rizen 2. Risen 2 is clearly better, longer, more and more developed than Risen 1, who claims the opposite, either played the game for only a couple of hours, or did not play Risen 2 at all, or this person oligophrenic.
And the minuses, but what minuses they all have. Now, if you take at least The Witcher 2, this is one big minus and a step back, and Risen 2 is a big plus and a step forward.

T
TruLegenD 28.10.21

-the battle is not about anything at all
-Graphics, well, very recently, cartoonish
- Few actions in dialogues

+ Interesting plot (The game was not badly presented, whoever said anything)
+ New theme
+ RPG element (This is IMHO, but I liked it)
+ The world is much larger than in rizen 1
+ The atmosphere, like most piranha games
+ Worlds and the system of locations, looks very much like Gothic 4, but nevertheless, we managed to preserve nonlinearity and freedom of action, unlike Arcania

K
KHVshNic 28.10.21

A huge disadvantage is
not supported by xbox incompatible gamepads. Even through the emulator do not work!

I
I am frightened by Mr. Su 28.10.21

The ending is shit, the
plot is short, I passed in 17 hours,
but with additional quests, and so the plot is about 14 hours old.
Weapons of the titans simply do not need to be used during the passage, you need to use a
spear 2 times per game, the rest is useless at all.
The final battle is simply dull.
But it's still a masterpiece

D
Dotsya 28.10.21

It's boiling, I will express my IMHO =)
The combat system is a blow to the balls, honestly.
It is not clear at what point you need to do a counter attack, often they do not pass at all for me (although I have an idea of ​​what a swing timer is, etc.) Why is a fucking aborigine with a spear doing an epic somersault backwards over himself, and I stand rooted to the spot waving my sword and slowly creep up to him. ? There are no shields in the game, there are dirty tricks, but in order to perform them you need to spend gold on them (at the very beginning of the game I thought right now I would charge this freak in a makitra with coconut, and bam blunders are solid) - why then is it needed at all if the effectiveness of the use manifests itself only with pumping and spending money?that it all comes down to a click of the left mouse button and its constant spam - no diversity.
Magic: compared to the first part, where there was active magic ala fireballs from crystals, in the second there is no such thing. There are scepters of fir and mind control, which are very limited at the beginning (even when I needed mind control against the natives in front of the Temple of Earth, where There were as many as eight of them, I could not use either Fira or Mind control - insufficient level of dark magic. WTF is this? I began to develop voodoo magic from the very beginning of the game in order to quickly abandon the noob melee and then such? And why the hell take voodoo dolls of one-time curses? Was it really impossible to put some cd on them, and not make them dependent on the amount of gold in your pocket (so to create it you need about 200+ gold, one-time and immediately spent)? specific dolls for controlling a certain character are disposable,but why so cut the voodoo curses then?
As I went through, I noticed that our hero was put in a certain framework of development - on the first island we were directly pushed to develop dexterity for theft, picking locks and sneaking up. I will reach the stage where I will click a quick save in front of each enemy. This is clearly not freedom of choice.
Crafts weren't particularly impressive either: after collecting herbs, I can't brew classic health food, and all sorts of elixirs of temporary action are very narrow and rarely used. Now we are eating rum and grog to restore HP. Honestly, considering how many bottles of rum I drank on the second island against an alligator for the first time, it already seemed to me that after such a dose I would become one myself :)
If the game was brought closer to the most truthful, then why a shot at point-blank range does not take out more than half of the hp (shots at the stops to all adversaries often have to leave a bloody mess from them, and not throw them back with ladies' ease) or when I run over the fire it does not hurt me Damage? I'm not talking about the fact that on the GG, even after a mega brutal fight, when there is a pont hp, there are no scratches, abrasions, blanches, stab or open wounds, bleeding. We were told that the game is as close to reality as possible, so where is All this? Oh, and also: I have 2 beautiful young ladies with beautiful priests on the ship. So why can't I sleep with them or use the services of port prostitutes, but only make hints in dialogues? !!
In general, you can do a lot more for a long time, but personally, the game did not justify my hopes.
For me, the pluses are the pirate atmosphere and dialogues of the characters, the theme of voodoo and mind control through dolls on quests, and the initial hardcore: the value of provisions and gold coins is just worth its weight in gold - we are going from an inquisitorial bum to a real pirate.

d
dantevictim 28.10.21

Personally, I had no problems with fighting and everything suits me ..
Rolls ??? .. what the hell rolls .. no need for this ... it's old school motherfucker)
The fact that a lot depends on which money is not enough at first, it's good ... once again this is old school .. this is not a game where you will be helped, cared for and cherished .. horseradish two ... I think everything is correct .. let it be uncomfortable at first .. but you will learn to think with your head faster .. and you don't need to talk about freedom of choice .. you don't have to level up .. but you have to lure every enemy ... be able to fight, and so on ... it's wonderful)
As for women .. yes .. trouble)

So .. pluses ..
1) old school. . complexity ...
Of course, this is a big plus that at the beginning it is pretty boring and difficult to play ... making money for a long time ... and there is no pointer arrow ... fans of past games from piranhas should understand and support)
2) Fighting .. no matter how long you say you don't I like it and everything suits me .. good battle .. better than in the first part ..
3) The theme .. at first I was somehow skeptical of it ... even more inclined towards the Inquisition ... and at the end of the game I fully supported piracy. . it would be nice that in the 3rd part the hero does not lose his ship)))
and so on .. I will not note the minuses

J
Jpg 28.10.21

The action is terrible. Artificial overstatement of the monsters' difficulty. Their difficulty is not in the fact that they have special attacks or for each their own tactics, but in the fact that half of the enemies block 90% of attacks, and the other half hits faster than the main player and does not work out to strike. The block is either not there, or I did not find it. Parry is not right. You can't fend off monsters. The same grave beetle. I noticed a beetle and you press LMB sometimes while sipping grog. And you watch as your hero is beaten by a beetle for 5-6 attacks in a combo that cannot be interrupted. There is of course a kick, but it pushes enemies away so far that it is impossible to get them with a rapier or saber right away.

J
Jester_ 28.10.21

combat is difficult to understand, if you fight people, then everything is fine, there are options, but when it comes to monsters, a nightmare begins with constant downloads. There is no strafe and rolling, running back, there is some kind of hitch, you almost certainly get it in the ass. Fought at the beginning with a jaguar, constantly had to circle and slowly hit one blow at a time. It is very annoying when you are just stupidly chewed and not to slip out.

R
Real shepard 28.10.21

Personally, my opinion is that the game has bad animation, but it pays off with fucking detailed islands, and perhaps not a very interesting combat system. Well, otherwise one of the best RPGs I've played !!!!!!!!!!!

m
mcbrut 28.10.21

Real Shepard
Yes, the animation and combat pumped up. Although the latter, after studying a couple of techniques, will come down) Just cut it down looks disgusting)
Also, the quests are banal and boring.
Well, it's over a big minus Russian voice acting.

D
Dotsya 28.10.21

Mara, who flew away in 6 blows under the curse of a voodoo doll in the finale, is a complete facepalm. After that, there is no need to talk about combat norms.
ps:. After Reisen 2, there was a pleasant sound of sea waves in my ears, I already wanted to swim at the sea :) The atmosphere of the game is at a height beyond all praise.

T
Tom [Cat] 28.10.21

I want more rum.

d
dnsmikh 28.10.21

the game is over, 30 hours behind, everything is assembled, everyone is happy, there is something to say.

cons:
- I didn't like the combat system, why did I need to remove the shields? swimming is still prohibited.
- the islands are irreplaceable for pirate themes, but some of them are very small compared to, for example, the bay.
- the opening and ending are rather weak, but after the first part I would like to be better.
- simplification of navigation.
- the graphical part is not better.
- Russian localization is cursed.
pluses:
- in the world of the game you want to find everything, not leave unfinished tasks, it's still Gothic, albeit very simplified.

[
[Sidakris] 28.10.21

I took it off my computer after arriving on the island ... after the first part, something was completely wrong ... didn't it seem to me or the fights were too simple? garbage, and it was not so interesting to explore, I wanted to look at the characters of my acquaintances ... but damn, they somehow too actively gesticulate in dialogues)

D
DeMoZ 28.10.21

pluses:
-piracy theme
minuses:
-battle for oligophrenics.
-in ahue from character animation in dialogues.
-in ahue from the action animation of the hero.
-minimum options in dialogs
- ai? no, have not heard.
- there is practically no escape from the mob.
-various dialogues of the NPC, when you run past, create an unforgettable atmosphere of the living world ("it's time to drink some rum" - "at your expense, strict fart" - I heard about 30 times in half an hour of playing)
and so on.
I don't believe the piranha did this game. in my opinion, it was made by the same people who made arcania, but not by the same people who made rizen1 or Gothic 1-2.

P
PASCHOK_93 28.10.21

I want to continue ...