3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DogiSTER 28.10.21 10:37 pm

Hot discussions of the pros and cons of the game (Risen 2: Dark Waters)

It seems to be not bad, but I liked the first part more.
68 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spyroke 28.10.21

Hmmm ... the shields are you saying to leave? If I am not mistaken, I have not seen a single film about pirates, where they would run with shields. Excuse me, shields are not the topic, but the blocks could have been worked out better, and made it possible to block the attacks of monsters.

S
Samutoturbotrop 28.10.21

Several cons:

1. Move these? â„–:!?! autosave to where they are really needed and remove from where they nafig did not give up. In addition, the autosave should be in one cell, and not start each one from a new one. Enrages to clean up 100500 saves every half hour.

2. Potion of fast running! Oh, how I wish I had it! Since not all fast travel points are set correctly, and in the previous parts of Gothic, the Piranhas at least had a speed potion ... Nostalgia. Of course, holding and holding the caps, you can run quickly and indefinitely, but with a potion it would be more correct ...

3. Night comes too suddenly)) And in general, in the second half of the game, more and more darkness appears and less light. Breaking your eyes is not comme il faut, especially since sometimes you crawl to bed, press to sleep until morning - and the morning suddenly hop! And cloudy with rain. And again nifig is not visible.

4. Dialogues pumped up in terms of options. Expected more ramifications.

5. Why do I need a firearm and magic is a question for me. If endurance somehow increases the thickness of the skin on your behind ... fifth point, then what to do with the rest? The pistol can be used a maximum of 2 times per battle, it is easier to stab the enemy with a sword. Voodoo is only needed for story quests and mini and ordinary bosses at a high level of difficulty. At the beginning of the game, there is simply not enough money for all this economy, so dexterity + close combat will save the world. And towards the end of the game, when a lot of money finally appears, all this tinsel and nafig is not needed.

6. Dirty tricks. Throw a barrel, coconut, sand in the eyes ... SHIELD, shit? Why is it needed here at all? A chopping blow, in extreme cases, a shot from a pistol in pursuit ... And why did they come up with this at all? Non-tricks.

7. Localization. They say that additional localization will be released in August, which will correct the shortcomings of this one. Hope. Basically, the voice acting is not bad. The problem is that towards the end of the game, the actors got tired of voicing the campaign, and they began ... to put it mildly, lazy. "Careful, jump" - the protagonist, who has taken off into the air, calmly says, trying to save his life from the Kraken's tentacles. (maybe he didn’t quite say that, I don’t remember the dialogue literally, but this is the meaning). Some objects in different guises (a drawing of a sword and a sword, for example) are named incorrectly, in the names and descriptions instead of some letters there are squares. Probably 35-40 percent of the dialogues in the game are not voiced.

8. Strange battle. Enemies block almost every attack of yours (% 70-80 if very wise). Some generally hit faster than the character and will not retaliate or escape. And in a combo, the same animals sometimes have 3 or even 4 hits. Blocking them is useless. A kick is generally only needed for crabs. At the very beginning, it's a separate song altogether. When hit with a sword, the GG spreads out like a starfish and freezes. Apparently, stsuk, waiting for the next blow, which again and again flies to the target. The only tactic in the beginning is to hit a couple of times, get a lull and run in circles, eating a grub. At least the freak on the farm had to be beaten like that. And for those who whine that combat is too easy, my advice is to turn your "easy level of difficulty" to at least medium or even better hard. Then we'll see.

9. It is difficult without a mini-map, although not a minus will be said))

10. Occasionally characters do not open their mouths during dialogues. It was noticed 1-2 times in the whole game.

11. Monkey and parrot are not needed. Due to point 5.

12. Could give the opportunity to disable slow-mo in the settings.

13. The game is pretty short. A couple of days - and everything is collected, all the quests are completed, and you are standing in front of Mara's lair.

14. I would like more participation in the case of the port courtesans or the same Petty. What a pity that the ratings do not allow now.

Pros:

1. Again, combat. Nicely done, if you discard all the flaws.

2. Not bad, but terribly unfinished localization. If it is brought to mind and added to the drama in the voices of the characters ... mmm. Dreams.

3. The most gorgeous views of the gorgeous pirate islands.

4. Don't listen to those who talk about cartoon graphics. This is not Borderlands for you! In Risen 2, the graphics are closest to the spirit of the first two Gothic.

5. Pirate theme. Although personally I am already tired of it, it is still a well-known brand, how not to promote it all over the world. But the idea is still worthy.

6. Piranhas nevertheless returned theirs, although not immediately. For example, many of the plants in the game are very similar to those of the first Gothic. And if you remember some obscenely similar names and one of the passwords to Garcia's treasury, it becomes clear where the legs grow from))

7. The ending fully paid off. I don't like it when games end badly or there are some fucking hints of something Great and Inevitable, which will certainly row in the Future.

8. Petty is a fat troll.

9. The fact that every penny is at first given with terrifying difficulty is right. Definitely in the spirit of Gothic. Here you already have to think about what to sacrifice and what to download, whether to give money to the brute or is it easier to beat him?

My opinion is definitely a masterpiece. Almost all the minuses, with the exception of one or two, are invisible in the game, since you completely immerse yourself in this atmosphere and forget about everything. Now you are the captain of a pirate ship, under your command is a gorgeous girl guzzling rum in barrels, a beautiful outside but scary inside a voodoo baba, performing the functions of a healer and the rest of the drunkards. Go treasure hunt!

K
KostaRPK 28.10.21

Muskets rule.
I said everything.

D
Darroniy 28.10.21

pumping firearms, voodoo, melee and endurance is needed only if there is extra loot, you only need intimidation and dexterity to make it easier to complete quests, except that voodoo will still help for quests, and there is no sense in pumping skills for battle, opponents along the way don't get stronger, bought a gun and that's it, the amount of ammunition did not please, there is no variety, I changed my reservation three times in the whole game, and then just once, the gameplay is cut down, maybe I just didn’t understand how to butcher the animals (if you know, please tell me) , but in the first part of rizen it was possible to mine different types of ore, and in general, craft became less needed, except that he collected the ingredients, and so that he didn’t go to waste, he bought a recipe and a skill, but still the game, the beginning and the ending are kind of sharp, Petty is something- then it rumbles and you go somewhere, the murder of Mara is generally the easiest fight in the game.GAME STILL SPIN

G
GarretSSS 28.10.21

Darroniy
Both the extraction of ore and the butchering of animals are present in the game. You just need to buy the necessary tools. The only thing that disappointed me, too, was potion-making: there are no sensible healing potions, and there is no point in pumping the distiller and other related perks, tk. it's easier to buy or steal a coveted bottle of rum.

D
Darroniy 28.10.21

GarretSSS
mining has become easier, I only found pieces of gold, but I am a little not friendly with cutting, I don’t know what tools are needed ((

D
Darroniy 28.10.21

another disadvantage is that the battle goes along the path - the GG bag, that is, often animals, for example, do not carry blows at high speed, preventing you from doing anything, such an element is present in many games and is very disappointing, although in the first in the second parts of Gothic, such an element was present only when several opponents attack you

N
Nighthawkreal 28.10.21

We need to push them away :)

k
kozzztya 28.10.21

I read the comments and am glad that I supported the Inquisition. Butthirt waves are pouring from voodoo craftsmen. I am personally satisfied with the boevka. If I saw an enemy - a hrenak from a musket, while he is running towards you - another shot, but if there are several enemies or they are still alive, we run in a circle while the musket is reloading. Sometimes I cut small creatures with a sword, the main thing is to calculate the distance so that he hits first and hits exactly with his Strong blow.

+ A beautiful world that's fun to explore.
+ The atmosphere of a pirate adventure.
+ Unusual RPG - system. Games from Bioware and Bethesda may be good, but their pumping, collecting loot are already tired, and here is something new.
+ Interesting dialogues. Many characters give out such pearls that you just listen.
+ Destinations are mostly described only figuratively. We are not poked with a finger, which gives an atmosphere.

- There are about 7 ships in the game and they are all the same.
- The faces of the characters in the game are also repeated.
- The latter islands are more linear and less fun to explore.
- The animation of the characters pumped up.
- Minor bugs.

P
PASCHOK_93 28.10.21

Darroniy
So I'll tell you, but I'd rather show you.
1 Ritual knife.
2.root knife
3 Bone saw.
4 Maxillary incisor.

Spoiler

b
barmaley73 28.10.21

Liked
1.Adventure -Kind of like the most ordinary scheme voiced to us right on the threshold of the game -collect N cool items to kill the super sinister. But the chain of events on the way of the inquisitor under pirate cover turned out to be fascinating and not trivial.
2. A bit tactical and very funny fights using dirty tricks and voodoo. The battle parrot is a fresh breath of insight in a world filled with games with brutal firing & rolls and "calling"
3. Quests often have several ways of solving, in some I counted 4 options
4. Characters, dialogues and a special thank you for Jafar. If you play with the smithy's passion in Antigua, Petty will briskly declare that our hero (much to his surprise) is already busy and even engaged)) "Who is engaged? I am ... engaged. ? Yes .... "- I almost fell off the chair with laughter from his reaction.
5. Most of the time is spent outdoors, and not in fashionable corridors / dungeons.

I didn’t like
1. animation during dialogues. I also want a

verdict
;) put more

D
Darroniy 28.10.21

PASCHOK_93
thanks now I will butcher animals))))

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 28.10.21

So I got the impression that no matter how you rock the armor and strong leather, everything is useless. That in the beginning they extinguished, that in the end they take away so much. Especially drowned people are enraged with their 10-20 damage per hatchet.
Just finished the game. I'll write a couple more impressions. More precisely ... How can you kill 2000 monsters? (I didn't even have an achievement of 500, although I ran all the islands 10 times, with a new one with each chapter), how can I earn 300,000 coins, if even 100,000 did not open? It is completely incomprehensible.

S
Samutoturbotrop 28.10.21

THURISAZ
Monsters and plants are cut from time to time. Either over time, or from restarting the game.

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 28.10.21

Samutoturbotrop
Yes, they respawn. I know that. But for 2000 - this is not at all. I even once ran across the islands after each key moment of the game. There were sooo few of them.

S
Samutoturbotrop 28.10.21

THURISAZ
Then 2 options. Either you need to run around the islands for a very long time, or you can try to start the game again - maybe the achievements are not collected in one playthrough, but are saved constantly.

F
Fitterr 28.10.21

Samutoturbotrop
is not collected in one playthrough, but is saved permanently.
Of course :) You can start the game an infinite number of times and closed achievements will open. But, probably, he will vomit after 2 playthroughs :)

S
Samutoturbotrop 28.10.21

Fitterr
When you pass it again, you can increase or vice versa lower the level of difficulty, as well as start pumping instead of a sword, for example, Voodoo magic. In this way, you can slightly diversify the process. + maybe new DLCs will come out somehow, with new quests and islands.

G
GarretSSS 28.10.21

Samutoturbotrop achievements
are not collected in one playthrough, but are saved permanently.
This counter has been with Piranhas since the last game. There were also achievements that are not realistic to get in one playthrough.

Fitterr vomits
after 2 passes
Taste and color. Personally, I only went through the 1st time and after a couple of days started over. If the igruha hangs in Steam for a year, you can go through it again. So the achievements will be earned :)

S
Samutoturbotrop 28.10.21

GarretSSS
If igruha hangs in Steam for a year
I have never seen that a game that appeared in incentive could not be bought there after some time. And even with a discount, if there is a seasonal offer or New Year.