3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 30.10.21 08:52 pm

Prey (from Arkane Studios)

Genre - Action-Adventure / FPS / RPG
Developer - Arkane Studios
Publisher - Bethesda Softworks
Development Leader - Raphaël Colantonio
Designer - Ricardo Bare
Scriptwriter - Chris Avellone, Ricardo Bare
Composer - Mick Gordon
Engine - CryEngine
Platforms - Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release Date - May 5, 2017

The first preview from Gamemag without spoilers - http://gamemag.ru/specials/117013/prevyu-prey-nashi-pervye-vpechatleniya-bez-spoylerov

Second preview from Gamemag without spoilers (NEW) - http://gamemag.ru/specials/118215/prodolzhaem-igrat-v-novyy-prey-bez-spoylerov

Demo will be released on April 27

124 Comments
Sort by:
M
Manson 30.10.21

M
Manson 30.10.21

A
Arrival 30.10.21

Reduced the cost of pre-order in PSN to 3600

C
Chertos 30.10.21

I just can't understand why the game has such a low discussion level. The game appears to be cool and original, and the feeling that no one needs it.

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

Chertos all discussed the game in another thread just

z
zhenia13 30.10.21

Why did you create another topic? Why didn't she please?

K
Knuck knuck 30.10.21

At 21.04.2017 at 15:58, Chertos said:

The game looms original

in which place?

C
Chertos 30.10.21

51 minutes ago, Knuck Knuck said:

in which place?

I read a lot of your "wonderful" posts, I won't even answer.

K
Knuck knuck 30.10.21

oh, what a pity, but I really wanted to hear how much, above all, original and unlike bio / system shocks, and what it will be DIRECTLY 100% cool BECAUSE ARCAIN! ARCAINE! It's a pity. Very much.

L
Lex mercer 30.10.21

At 22.04.2017 at 06:36, zhenia13 said:

Why did you create another topic? Why didn't she please?

Also did not understand, it was nahuana. Why procreate.

At 21.04.2017 at 21:58, Chertos said:

I just can't understand why the game has such a low discussion level. The game appears to be cool and original, and the feeling that no one needs it.

A complex project, and not very expensive. Therefore, there is no such powerful advertising campaign.

z
zhenia13 30.10.21

well, remove one of the topics so as not to be torn by 2

S
SSpace 30.10.21

The demo is already in the store. 

G
Grindders 30.10.21

Played the demo. From the point of view of the idea - everything is very, very cool.

From the point of view of implementation, in my opinion, hack. This is stupid Disonord 2 with a different skin. I just hate the reuse of assets in games, but here the reuse of everything. All the characters are like the heroes of Disonord, only disguised as doctors, all the animation from Disonord, including tackles, the combat system (the adjustable wrench exactly repeats the movement of the sword from Dis). The whole interface from Disonord 2, after all. Well, Ely-Pali, even Yubisoft did not sink to such vulgarity.

I can't perceive Prey as an independent game, the feeling that I'm playing Disonord 2 with other skins. In a kind of addon. Maybe these are just my paddocks, and for many it will not be a minus, but my hands are completely discouraged from this approach of the developers.

Further: on PS4 there is a strong input lag, which is annoying as hell, because in the game you have to wield a stick like a mouse when reading computers, etc. Again, the input lag was at the start of Disonord 2, but it was removed by the second patch almost immediately after the release. Couldn't Arcane's second team use the first's work? Or do they just don’t care? Hopefully, the release will be corrected, but it is strange to release a demo in this form, if there is a solution to the problem for a long time.

Combat with mimics. The preview gave the impression that meetings with them would be filled with cool suspense. That you will need to carefully monitor objects, notice changes in the situation and, in general, be in a state of tension all the time. However, in the game, all objects into which the mimic is incorporated begin to twitch violently. And figs you will understand, the physics engine is so buggy (but again, how was this missed in the demo?) Or a feature for casuals.

In general, I repeat, ideologically everything is very cool, the plot also looks interesting

Spoiler

unless in the end it turns out that he went crazy because of the fat man's experiments, or that he is generally one of the clones of a scientist who died long ago.

But the implementation disappointed me very much.

Ps It will be interesting to hear opposing opinions. Perhaps this is really just my problem of "intolerance to the cutting of everything".

Modified April 27, 2017 by Grindders

p
pathfinder 30.10.21

23 minutes ago, Grindders said:

you need to wield the stick like a mouse when reading computers

: 279:

What for? Pissed off when they do this

Modified on April 27, 2017 by P3X

S
SSpace 30.10.21

Played for a couple of hours, well, in short, yes. For a long time I tried to discourage myself, but it looks like I will have to buy at the release. The plot set and presentation in the first hour is magical, I really regret that I only spoiled my impressions with the demo. Locations are filled with tons of details, all sorts of little notes and little books, immediately sets you up for deep diving. I played on the last difficulty, so I didn't try the boevka, the mimics are terrifying, I ran from them and hid more. There is also some unpleasant bug with music, it turns on when it collides with an enemy, and does not stop even after his death, continuing to play inappropriately, I hope it will be repaired for release. But the music and sound itself are wonderful, Mind Games and Everything is going to be ok, everyone has already heard, eerie ambient against the background of exploration, cool samples when completing / receiving quests, really liked how everything sounds. A small unpleasant moment - in the demo there is no opportunity to change the language of the text / voice acting, it is treated by changing the language of the system, but in the game itself it would be better to give the opportunity to change them separately. 

I am satisfied, in general. But as noted above - if the last two games arkane did not like and the setting does not attract at all - it is better to skip the game, in some places it resembles them too much. 

V
VenomRay 30.10.21

And in the second Disonord it was possible to change the voice acting without changing the system language? 

H
Hroft23 30.10.21

5 minutes ago, VenomRay said:

And in the second Disonord it was possible to change the voice acting without changing the system language? 

yes, everything changed perfectly in the settings inside the game

A
Arrival 30.10.21

Have you noticed that the lips in the characters in the Russian voice acting move in sync with the sounds of Russian speech?

S
Smitt 30.10.21

The game has a divine sound, I hope it will be varied.

Arrival seems to be sure there are standard methods of speech synchronization.

A
Arrival 30.10.21

1 minute ago, Smitt said:

it seems so

what else do you need?

for example, in the Witcher it "didn't seem to me", but here I just noticed

2 minutes ago, Smitt said:

The game has a divine sound, I hope it will be varied.

aha, sai fay such a place