3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kolian666 31.10.21 10:48 am

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass

BGOrbiK.jpg

Platform: Linux, Mac, PC

Genre: action

Release date: date unknown

Developer: Croteam

Publisher: Devolver Digital

Official site

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"

Screenshots

Spoiler

qL2Q0qo.jpg

h0Jqo5i.jpg

DXVKYwq.jpg

wlJPprV.jpg

Y9aph0E.jpg

RbstA5a.jpg

h9DqjUw.jpg

Modified June 10, 2018 by kolian666
79 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grantovich 31.10.21

7 minutes ago, Qvasik said:

In short, with reservations, but the suitability and the best part since the Second Encounter

Crosshair and HP scales can be erased out of sight?

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

Grantovich well, I'm still judging by reviews and streams, the jump is still in the process. But I saw for sure that hp can be turned off.

c
car breaker 31.10.21

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/serious-sam-4

73 points

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

1 hour ago, Qvasik said:

Grantovich well, I'm still judging by reviews and streams, the jump is still in the process. But I saw for sure that hp can be turned off.

Kindly - let me know later.

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

I wanted to rock a repach, but the reviews scared me away:

The condition leaves much to be desired, a lot of performance problems: "On GTX 1070 and i7-8700K at ultra settings less than 30 fps",
1. Load time is ridiculously long, from 30 seconds to 1 minute, and this is when installing the game on a fast SSD.
2. Constant stuttering every time a new scene is loaded.
3. VSync is broken in Vulkan.
4. There is no DLSS despite being advertised as having.
5. No AA improvements: FXAA just blurs the image, leaving it aliased to hell, MSAA only covers geometry and consumes 20% of GPU power, SSAA literally burns your GPU to ashes.
6. Objects pop up with every step. To make matters worse, setting LOD to 0 lowers GPU performance, so you cannot avoid it.
7. Random spikes in GPU usage. You can see 70% in one place and then after turning it suddenly rises sharply to 100% and nothing happens on the screen.
8. CPU usage is terrible. Of the 8 cores, the first core is most stressed, up to about 75%, while a few others are 25% used, and the rest are not used at all.
9. The game crashes when switching to DX12, the API recommended by the developers themselves.
10. The animation is terrible.
11. Voiceover is pretty darn cheap.
12. The lighting is as flat as a TV screen.
13. Literal sky wallpaper instead of fully dynamic skyboxes with volumetric clouds.
And all this happened during the first 10 minutes of watching videos and shooting at 3 opponents. This game looks like it should have been released 10 years ago, but they forgot to publish it. "

===

Is it really that bad there? Perhaps I will abstain for now, let them shaman a little.

Modified September 24, 2020 by Grantovich

P
Patrick 31.10.21

That's all, I play on ultras - there were no lags yet (1080, i7). The levels are loaded in 15 seconds. In short, this is the polished third Sem.

The toy is worth a penny, why dare)

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

3 hours ago, Grantovich said:

Kindly - let me know later.

You can turn off both the Halsbars and the scope.

But I can't change the video options for example, lol. On medium high it produces 70-90 on vege56. And at each launch, it issues a plate with a bug report. In short, wait for patches 10 and you can play, the gameplay is fun.

S
SkyerIst 31.10.21

GameMAG.ru review from @dozensnake

https://gamemag.ru/reviews/serious-sam-4-gamemag-review

A fun storyline would be a nice addition to the game, but it's clearly not what fans expect from a sequel to the series, and otherwise Serious Sam 4 is the perfect sequel.

T
TheVS 31.10.21

Neighing from the stopgeym review. The case when they did not enter and you can find fault with everything in a row, and the unloaded credits became the key factor that influenced the assessment.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

24 minutes ago, TheVS said:

The case when they did not bring it in and you can find fault with everything

They probably did not bring it in, but gave the game to the wrong person for review. Although there, in principle, the entire stopgeym has long since slipped.

q
qdash 31.10.21

But Doom Eternal licked everything in a row, so much so that they almost fucked in the gums (or somewhere else) with the developers.

A
Alekzan 31.10.21

16 hours ago, TheVS said:

Neighing from stopgeym review

Nothing surprising. They give every third or second review to hell, understand who. Either he does not do elementary homework, so that later he does not look like a fool in his review, or he already has such a biased attitude that the whole review will be in his bile.

R
RoadHog 31.10.21

started playing and vomited from the start of the game. Why did they add elements of kalofdutia, these dummies running next to Sam, side quests (what the heck is all that), they pushed the plot for some reason ... Krotim, well, Christmas tree sticks, an attempt to please both of them has clearly already shown results, that this is not always the case works.

As far as I am a fan of the series, but then it was as if a stick was inserted into the wheel.

I really hope that this is just the beginning of this and will continue to be a typical sam.

Modified October 4th, 2020 by RoadHog

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

At 28.09.2020 at 15:59, qdash said:

But Doom Eternal licked everything

so he really is better at everything lol

A
ALF_9010 31.10.21

JNgJtmveqmrj-xUgwUId4Q.png.webp? 800-auto

Croteam has released a new update for Serious Sam 4. According to the developers, update 1.04 allows the game to save players' inventory to their profile after completing a level in co-op mode. Moreover, it contains additional performance and stability tweaks.

Additionally, this update fixes an issue that sometimes caused the game to crash during longer Netricsa browsing sessions. It also fixes a rare issue where some supported GPUs have been flagged as unsupported by mistake.

This patch also contains some gameplay improvements. For example, players can now use their finishing blows on harpies. In addition, piercing weapons now really pierce enemies when you shoot them at close range. Moreover, large enemies outside the black hole now explode on kill.

As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client.

You can find a complete list of changes here.

A
ALF_9010 31.10.21

szHQbiYwNbvsTEeJg5iSMw.jpeg? 800-auto

Croteam has announced the release of a powerful set of official Serious Sam 4 modding tools in Serious Editor 2021. The official modding tools are available now on Steam, with full Steam Workshop integration.

Davor Hunski, Serious Sam 4 Project Manager and Croteam Commercial Director, said:

“Modders have always been the backbone of our community, expanding Serious Sam's games with crazy mods of all shapes and sizes. Some of the full conversion mods we've played over the years have been absolutely impressive and have supported our games for years to come. We can't wait to see what the modding community has in store for Serious Sam 4. "

The new version of Serious Editor also contains many improvements and new technical features. For example, it includes an all-new terrain editor, improved combat systems, vehicle support, and updated scripting tools.

Y
Yourepicfail 31.10.21

When there is already a release on consoles then

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

So, well, I hope the game has already been repaired, there is just a discount, you can buy it)

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

Yourepicfail think this is just the next step