3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vigi 31.10.21 10:57 am

Metro 2033: The Last Refuge

"4A-Games has officially announced the development of Metro 2033: The Last Refuge, also informing that the project will be presented to the public at Games Convention 2006. Based on the work of writer Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge is a horror / first-person shooter with The

whole world is in ruins. Humanity is practically destroyed. Due to the high level of radiation, cities have become uninhabitable. Some argue that many cities have completely absorbed the sands and mutated forests. Few survivors still remember the past glory of the human race. however, the traces of civilization gradually become only memories, overgrown with various stories, which smoothly turn into legends ...

More than 20 years have passed since the last plane took off from the surface of the earth. Corroded railroad tracks lead nowhere. Some people still try to hear the radio broadcasts, however, when they tune in to the waves of New York, Paris, Tokyo for the millionth time, they hear only the dull groan of the receiver. Only 20 years have passed since THIS happened. Mutated under the influence of radiation and other factors of what happened, people turned into new creatures, more adapted to life in this world. The era of people is over ...

But nobody wanted to believe it. There were few survivors, only a few tens of thousands, and no one knew if anyone else could be saved, or if they were the last people on Earth. They live in the Moscow metro, the largest anti-nuclear shelter ever created by humans, the last refuge of humanity. Almost all of them were on the subway on THAT day, and only this helped them survive. Airtight closures protect them from radiation and terrible creatures that flood the surface. Worn-out filters can still cope with water and air purification, dynamos assembled by craftsmen provide much-needed electricity. Some even managed to farm underground, growing mushrooms and raising pigs, but many do not disdain the usual rat meat ...

Game features:

A unique setting - post-apocalyptic Moscow The
life of mankind now flows in metro tunnels, and stations have turned into small states with their own rules and laws
Ability to choose your own style of passage - from a silent killer to an aggressive warrior
Several different endings A well-developed
AI system simulates the most realistic behavior of NPCs
Various anomalies: changes in gravity, energy clots, intelligent non-material forms of life and many others
Many types of the most dangerous enemies
Several exciting mini-games "

Taken from the site ixbit.ru

Looks like an interesting shooter will turn out, especially for Russians ... PS3 and XBOX360) ....: wink:
124 Comments
Sort by:
M
Metal max 31.10.21

[b] Zend [/ b], an unpublished game will be released sometime in 2009.

[quote] Published by: [b] TBA [/ b]
Developed by: 4A Games
Release Date: [b] TBA 2009 [/ b]
Genre: First-Person Shooter [/ quote]

[url = http: // ps3. ign.com/objects/849/849116.html [] http://ps3.ign.com/objects/849/849116.html [[]]

T
Tremere 31.10.21

I wonder with what fright they decided to take on the ps3 version, on the stalker's engine secretly removed from the GSC: confused:

Z
Zend 31.10.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], can you because of the piracy?
I'm sure few people would buy a license for boxing, the same for a pc. The Russians, after all, are doing, they know exactly what is going on in our market.

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

A gorgeous book, what is the first what the second (I read) I am also waiting for Gama!
On the last pages advertising PC XE360, and PS3 in their vacancies weighs, so while I'm waiting on PC

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 1 minute 48 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote] Zend , an unpublished game will be released sometime in 2009.
[/ quote]
Publisher THQ

Z
Zend 31.10.21

[b] grozdhast [/ b], the second one came out long ago?
I have been from the first for a very long time, I thirst for the second.

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[b] Zend [/ b], I bought almost half of the book the day before yesterday, I read it, cool, but it came out recently!

E
Exost 31.10.21

[b] HELLHAMMER [/ b],: agree: I don't even want to add anything: D

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] Zend [/ b],
>>>>> maybe because of piracy?

possible, but not sure.

According to the book. I don't understand what you found gorgeous in it? there only the atmosphere is good, everything else is just the fantasies of a teenager who is not familiar with the big world.

V
Vincent 31.10.21

[b] grozdhast [/ b], where did you buy it?!?

I'm waiting for the game, I liked the book very much

Z
Zend 31.10.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], well, to each his own, right?)

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] Zend [/ b], [off] sorry for the not modest question, what kind of literature do you read, and how old are you?) [/ off]

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

I read the first book - I liked it very much. The second is just a couple of chapters, also very good.

PS To be a pretentious pseudo-intellectual, ready to criticize the literary passions of others, hinting that he himself certainly reads Shakespeare in the original, no less, is not very much.

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] Bladef1st [/ b], I'm not criticizing the tastes of others, but the fact that Metro 2033 is a weak book, you don't need to read Shakespeare. And yes, I read science fiction writers like Harrison, Card, Herbert, to which Glukhovsky still has a hundred years to grow.

It seems that the answer to my question, why is the book so gorgeous, I will never see.

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[b] Vincent [/ b], I'm in St. Petersburg, I took it in Bukvoed for 359re, on the same day I saw it in the subway for 300, here are the bugs))))

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], The book is good for its setting, as well as a rather interesting plot, and everything is written pretty well. But what is "everything else, just the fantasies of a teenager who is not familiar with the big world" - I do not understand. If about technical bloopers - so they can be found everywhere, and in general it is incorrect to find fault with the fantastic genre at all by this criterion. And so I don't even know what the meaning of this phrase is.

As for famous science fiction authors, it all depends on personal preferences. For example, I read some of the books of Zelazny or Wells - so they seemed to me dull shit. And I read Metro-2033 or "Ancient" in one breath.

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[quote] The book is good for its setting, as well as a rather interesting plot, and everything is written pretty well. [/ quote]
And most importantly, it shows the essence of a person, as they were mostly ugly and remained. And once again he emphasizes that we ourselves will overwhelm.In
general, I hope that the game will work out, and the graph should be at its best there, and most so that it has at least something in common with the plot

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] Bladef1st [/ b], Wells is a writer of an ancient era, he can’t intrigue right now.

In the metro, not only technical bloopers, allegedly not exhausted kerosene for 20 years, or a shortage of cartridges used as currency, but which they spend in the game with great pleasure. But, let's take some more mutants. How many different kinds of creatures appeared in 20 years. Or the whole point of the book, they say the guy went to fight about the blacks, but it turned out that he was running away from help. Hmm, no motive for the world going on, not particularly deep. It is written vividly, yes, it is quite easy to read, which is evident, the author is modern. But what was published was the second edition of the book - when he posted the first, he was criticized vhlam, and now, the whole world helped to bring it to mind.

As for the fact that they do not find fault with realism, races are fantastic. Well, whether the book does not have a serious setting, or there is a distant distant galaxy, then of course, there are no problems.

For all that, in good science fiction, one cannot find fault with such obvious miscalculations.

If you want some good science fiction, read the Roadside Picnic first, Strugatskys, if they are domestic.

Metro 2033 fascinated me when I read it, but then I noticed that it was just an interesting novel written by a young man-maximalist in his desires and plans.

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 3 minutes 25 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] grozdhast [/ b],
>>>>>>>> were for the most part ugly and remained.

Well, this book is definitely not unique)

>>>>>>>> the graph there should be on top,

so the killer zone or the metro is more beautiful? there is nothing beautiful in the stalker's dvigle right now

>>>>>>> most so that the plot has at least something in common,

but this is the biggest problem, because there was little action in the book, rather everything was played on the feelings of the heroes and their experiences and thoughts, and the game will be just FPS in the entourage of an abandoned metro.

^^^ IMHO ^^^^

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[quote] ^^^ IMHO ^^^^ [/ quote]
Well done! [quote] How so many different kinds of creatures have appeared in 20 years. [/ quote]
Read the second book and you will find something. Maybe I looked on ORT about "mold", and they said there that it can mutate in a small amount of time, if it's fantastic, why not ?! helped to bring to mind [/ quote]
He went to publishers and not who did not want to print a supposedly messy plot. Here he is well done that he made friends with the network. Well, not the whole world, but members of the forum (Russian-speaking) close professions, but changed the ending at the request of the readers. For that, after a bunch of publishers came running, it seems they were translated into 15 languages. [Quote] Well, this book is definitely not unique)
[/ quote]
Someone talked about uniqueness?
[quote] so killsone or metro is more beautiful? there is nothing beautiful in the stalker's dvigle right now [/ quote]
Certainly not halo! Once again, I will play what I like. Look at the new screenshots, like nothing [url = http: //www.4a-games.com/] http://www.4a-games.com/ [/ url]
Well, it still seems that the post effects are missing you say obscurity (blur)
[quote] but this is the biggest problem, because there was little action in the book, most likely everything was played based on the characters' feelings and their experiences and thoughts, and the game will just be FPS in the entourage of an abandoned metro.
[/ quote]
Well, what, but for din it is 100% suitable, that there are states, such factions and you can spin around them, no money is needed, salary with bullets) the only thing I don’t like is MONSTERS AGAIN !!!! !

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], [quote] Wells is a writer of an ancient era, right now he cannot intrigue.
[/ quote]
may well. The same "Aelita" by Tolstoy intrigued me, although it was also an old work by an old author.

[Quote] In the metro, not only technical bloopers, allegedly not exhausted kerosene in 20 years, or a shortage of cartridges used as currency, but which they spend in the game with great pleasure. But let's take some more mutants. How many different kinds of creatures appeared in 20 years. Or the whole point of the book, they say the guy went to fight about the blacks, but it turned out that he was running away from help. Hmm, no motive for the world going on, not particularly deep. It is written vividly, yes, it is quite easy to read, which is evident, the author is modern. But what was published was the second edition of the book - when he posted the first, he was criticized vhlam, and now, the whole world helped to bring it to mind. [/ quote]
this is all nonsense, virtually any book of this genre is guilty of such miscalculations. And in general, even serious departments cannot predict with accuracy what will happen to a metropolis like Moscow in the event of a nuclear war. for obvious reasons, such situations can only be simulated. And whether the central stations will collapse, and what power of the charge will be applied, and when in time the impact will occur, and how thick the layer of melted asphalt and stones will be - all these parameters are modeled only approximately. Therefore, I see no reason to find fault with the author and his book. Just as I myself do not believe in such a rapid mutation, such as that the monsters-pterodactyls build nests on the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and eat people, but who can vouch, that in the event of a total nuclear catastrophe, this is guaranteed not to happen in a relatively short time? You can only build hypotheses based on those scientific doctrines that exist now, but even scientists will not undertake to guarantee something.
So I generally think that claims to "realism" in science fiction are meaningless.

[Quote] For all that, in good fiction, you won't find fault with such obvious miscalculations.
[/ quote] In good fiction, you can find fault with a bunch of different miscalculations, there would be a desire to study a book with a magnifying glass, constantly checking technical reference books and consulting scientists. It's just that somewhere there are fewer of them, somewhere more, but it also happens when the author of a work does not set his goal to focus on realism, but, on the contrary, focuses on the plot.

[Quote] If you want good fiction, read the Roadside Picnic first, Strugatsky, if from domestic. [/ quote] I read it. I did not like. Although the very idea of ​​stalking, zones, artifacts, the dangers of their extraction - I think this is very interesting.

[Quote] Metro 2033 fascinated me when I read it, but then I noticed that it was just an interesting novel written by a young man-maximalist in his desires and plans. [/ quote]
Well, in general, he does not apply for the Booker Prize - so, just a rather interesting domestic work in the genre of science fiction, which turns into a successful franchise.

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] grozdhast [/ b],
>>>>>>> You can read the second book and you will find something. Maybe I watched on ORT about "mold", and they said there that it can mutate in a small amount of time, if it's fantastic why not ?!

yeah, mold is equivalent to "librarians" or flying creatures. Why did not man radically change over the millions of years of evolution?

But on halo not to drive

>>>>>> Well, what, but for din it is 100% suitable, then that there are states, such factions and around them you can spin

and are you sure that the game will not become a stalker2?

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 5 minutes 13 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote name = "Bladef1st"] Just as I myself do not believe in such a rapid mutation, such as for pterodactyl monsters to build nests on the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and eat people, but who can guarantee that in the event of a total nuclear catastrophe, this is guaranteed not happen in a relatively short time? [/ quote]
In a relatively short time in a nuclear war, most living organisms will simply die, and the rest will be infected with radiation sickness, which does not lead to X-men syndrome, but only to early death, and a deterioration in the gene pool of further offspring.

In general, a book is like a book, there is nothing fancy in it.