3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
qdash 31.10.21 10:58 am

Quake Champions

a47f84590b66e8cec3cd37ca86928c7b.png

Quake is back!

Genre: arena FPS

Developer: id Software

Publisher: Bethesda

Release date: TBA

Platforms: PC (?)

123 Comments
Sort by:
q
qdash 31.10.21

@Maximus community is now migrating to Overwatch - Cypher, Cooller, etc. everything is there. Who wants something more, they try their luck in Reflex, as before they climbed into Warsow, etc., to make a game that, apart from legal succession and the same name, has nothing else just silly. How many of those 6000 are online who play QL out of habit or because the hardware does not pull anything better is a rhetorical question, but judging by those with whom I talked, there are very many such people. And who should you listen to?

Quake as a whole was made into some kind of fucking chess and this is not interesting to anyone outside the community. I launch the same QuakeWorld - drive, trash and waste, and I think this is how Quake should be played, and not on a shift strictly according to timers, with rat-fighters on + back.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

q
qdash 31.10.21

@Qvasik the funniest thing about all this is that Overwatch, that Lawbreakers, that Quake Champions are essentially the development of the ideas of Team Fortress 2, which in turn originates from the classic Team Fortress - the mod for the first Quake. Syncerror (one of the people working on QL) said that Quake Champions will be similar to TF2, thus the cycle will be completed.

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

No, don't say it, but it looks solid. True, the design of the cards resembled a mixture of Quake and UT, but I am not against it. As a result, the same Quake, but with the abilities thrown on top.

Now I wonder if they plan to add something like that to the new UT? It can be seen that there is no serious influence on the gameplay, but it is necessary to dilute the shooting.

P
Paskudation 31.10.21

Well, at least someone thought of returning the rasspryzhku (although I haven't seen a new one), otherwise what kind of high-speed shooter is without it? Looks cheerful. As I understand it, they gave some abilities to each hero, as in the overwatch. 

q
qdash 31.10.21

I don't like the design, it feels like Saber painted all this, or some other homeless farm laborers. How so? Well, what a shit, they could at least harness MachineGames ... The weapon was just awesome - in some Toxikk, weapon models look more solid, not to mention the new UT. Characters and locations in the same place - some kind of custom Nekros from UT runs around the user map. The designers of the ugly Warsow on a normal budget would do better.

On the other hand, jumping, abilities, etc., the situation resembles Doom - the shooting and mechanics were created by id, everything else was given to some homeless people, only in the Duma also the designers of id itself tried, but here it is not clear who drew everything. "Lovecraft-like atmosphere of Q1, with the feel of Q3 gameplay," Willits said. What can you answer to this? Only lol. Where did the design of this shit go against the creations of Adrian Carmack, the crown of which is the design of Quake 3: Arena, which looks impeccably even with picmip 0, at least 3, at least 5, or 10, when the graphics are generally in the red, drawgun will obviously have to be set to 0. If this shit will generally survive in the current conditions, the game must be perfect in everything in order to somehow compete with Overwatch. Splash Damage went out of their way with their Brink and Dirty Bomb too, by putting good mechanics into the game, minus everything else - the result is known to everyone. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars could have lived longer if the game had visual polish and decent support. It is immediately clear that this is not Quake 5, but just some kind of Quake Champions.

Modified on August 5, 2016 by -dD-

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

on the dynamics on ut / ku4 reminded me, I'm glad that there are no loadouts, in general everything is not bad

Y
YTKA 31.10.21

Yes, it visually looks like shit. 

v
voyager 31.10.21

Visually, it is no different from UT4 and Lawbreakers. : <This is how they used to manage in dark times so that you look at Ku3 and immediately recognize the style, look at UT and immediately recognize the unique style, but here is a gray mass.

q
qdash 31.10.21

@voyager id is stepping on the same rake as with Quake 4. Moreover, Ravens can draw, unlike Saber.

E
ED007 31.10.21

Just now, -dD- said:

@voyager id is stepping on the same rake as with Quake 4. Moreover, Ravens can draw, unlike Saber.

Quake 4 was a big plus - quite an interesting single player 

q
qdash 31.10.21

@ ED007 yes, as they say you can't argue. Yes there and the gameplay with the sliding was quite fun, sorry for the network code shit.

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

Any jester starts with a weapon ... The designer of these anrilo-like cannons doesn't care, visually only the yellow automatic rifle of norms looks (except for the coloring) ...

I wonder if a rocket launcher is fired into the shackled eye from the trailer, will it flow out? Most likely not, there is absolutely no interactivity in this engine.

It will be hard for this quake to gather a large army of fans.

PS: in the period from about 2000 to 2005, Kwaka 3 arena was one of my favorite jokers for me.

7535074a-ca7b-4c97-a287-95c037bc725f.png

q
qdash 31.10.21

@Grantovich well, it's like driving a car - a Chinese car designer is not able to draw a new Ferrari. I hope at least the projectors will be customizable, as in the previous quakes, so that, removing all this ugliness, you can calmly run to yourself with r_picmip 5 and distribute when there is one sight on the screen.

Looking at this squalor, nothing else comes to mind except for being "adored" ...:

0aca87e08f97d70548886cc7a9dcaff5.jpg

a9dd5f81f170e89a4ac22ed179cd4a65.jpg

a
aden 31.10.21

Visually completely impersonal, the new Kwaka turns out, the gameplay is like Arena, but you have to feel it.

D
Devi1 31.10.21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_AWczGKlhI There is a screen from the presentation. Little is visible, but the speed and mechanics of movement can be assessed

N
Nonsense 31.10.21

Visually pure Anril.

v
voyager 31.10.21

If they had not said that this is Kwaka, I would have decided that this is a new build of UT4.

S
SilentGera 31.10.21

Only pc and no single? They went there?