3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aladdin 31.10.21 11:04 am

Killzone 2

Platform: Playstation 3
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Publisher: Sony
Developer: Guerilla
Release Date: 27/02/09

Oh, and the graphics there, guys, you can go wrong - downloaded a video from the PS3 game (25 meters) - it looks just like a movie! !! stunned! I'm shocked...

Modified on July 8, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
R
RIPPER12 31.10.21

These are NOT graphics from the game. This is a movie on the engine. Just look at the animation, it's too cool. Moreover, already, somewhere they wrote that almost everything that was shown on PS3 was ROLLERS, not graphics !!!
Killzone 2 will be worse than Gear of war and Halo 3. And it's not about the graphics ...

B
Bonker 31.10.21

[quote name = "RIPPER12"] These are NOT in-game graphics. This is a movie on the engine. Look at the animation, it's too cool. Moreover, already, somewhere they wrote that almost everything that was shown on PS3 was ROLLERS, not graphics !!!
Killzone 2 will be worse than Gear of war and Halo 3. And it's not about the graphics ... [/ quote] And what?

G
Guest 31.10.21

What engine is Killzone2 being developed on? What shaders are used there, what kind of lighting system? After all, they managed to achieve incredible graphics. Unreal 3 Engine and Gears of War are in shock. But he is the coolest engine right now. Is not it?

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

Well then, download the UT2007 video, which, like Killzone2, is on the engine and it immediately becomes clear who is in the lead: D

G
Guest 31.10.21

of course Killzone2. The graphics are more realistic there. There are no bumpy models there. They are made there somehow realistically, like the rest of the world.

B
Bonker 31.10.21

[quote name = "Molodnyak"] Well then, download the UT2007 video, which, like Killzone2, is on the engine and it immediately becomes clear who is in the lead: D [/ quote] Give a link. I watched videos from Gears of war and from K2. In K2, the battles are bigger, the models of the fighters and the animation are better.

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

[quote name = "Bonker"] [quote name = "Molodnyak"] Well then, download the UT2007 video, which, like Killzone2, on the engine, and it immediately becomes clear who is in the lead: D [/ quote] Give a link. I watched videos from Gears of war and from K2. In K2, battles are bigger, fighter models and animations are better. [/ Quote]
[url = http: //www.ag.ru/files/videos/14595/13000] http://www.ag.ru/files/videos/ 14595/13000 [/ url]
And here she is 8)

[size = 75] Added on 08 Jun 2005, 15:58: [/ size]

Only two are involved in the video, but I was impressed.
[size = 59] And Killzone2 impressed me too: roll: [/ size]

/
/ anty / 31.10.21

Normal quality CG movie, shaders))) probably Mental ray or Brzil rs)) that is, the least relation to pixel and vertex shaders))

R
Richy 31.10.21

This is not a movie on the engine, this is a movie rendered in 3DSMax - you can see it at least by how the bridge is tiling, a standard problem for Max. Guerilla never said, by the way, that this was a video on the engine or footage from the game - it was officially said only that, in their opinion, the game would look like on PS3.
For example, Polyphony Digital is even more honest - they called the video Grand Turismo Vision :-)

G
Guest 31.10.21

How can you achieve Killzone2 graphics today? Which shaders, which lighting engine, which animation system? Is it realistic today, at least not with a stable FPS, but reproduce on a home high-end PC?

P
Priest 31.10.21

[quote name = "Richy"] it was only officially said that this is how, in their opinion, the game will look like on PS3 [/ quote]
What if it really looks like this? : crazy:

G
Guest 31.10.21

but why is PS always deprived of video memory? After all, it is much more convenient to shift the graphics calculation to a separate processor. What is the feature here?

W
Wildduck 31.10.21

Game ooooo ... Will be one of the first that I buy for ps3 =)

J
Jank 31.10.21

In short, we do not know anything about the second Killzone. The video was not shown on the engine, the war with the Helghast, the ruins of a city. The same thing happened in the first part. Besides, the animation of these soldiers is some kind of "lifeless" chtoli Some kind of unnatural. Dante from the third DMC is much better animated. He moves like a living person. Although he moves even better than a real person, the movements are smoother, sharpened to perfection ... In general, you need to forget this video. He’s nothing. does not tell us about the game, but they promised perfect graphics on PS2 ...

P
Priest 31.10.21

About "perfect" graphics. Gothic 3 is more than impressive, although not geared towards next-gen consoles. So, we shouldn't exclude the possibility of photorealistic games appearing on the obviously more powerful PS3 and XBox360.

G
Guest 31.10.21

[Quote] In addition, the animation of these soldiers is some kind of "lifeless" chtoli. Some kind of unnatural. [/ quote]
I wanted to object at first. but when I read the following

[quote] He moves like a living person. Although he moves even better than a real person [/ quote] I
realized that everything is clear with this comrade.

X
XIII 31.10.21

And PCshnikov were allowed to go again: sad:

J
Jank 31.10.21

Tommy, I don’t understand what’s clear with me? Well, what is my diagnosis there?

G
Guest 31.10.21

[quote name = "Jank"] Tommy, I don't understand what's clear with me? Well, what's my diagnosis there? [/ quote]
read this
[i] He moves like a living person. he moves even [b] better than a real person [/ b] [/ i]

A
Arkon 31.10.21

With the animation of pigs in this video, everything is a bunch. And what is the bridge doing there ??? Answer: "tiling" is not accepted.