3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
ShadeVoro 31.10.21 11:04 am

Half-life 3

2000px-Valve_logo.svg.png

Platforms: PC, ???
Genre: FPS
Developer: Valve
Release Date: It's done when it's ready
Half life 2 resistance

The plot of the game should complete the story (but it's not certain)

Based on the plot twists of the second episode, the main actions of Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will most likely take place in the Arctic. where the Northwind was discovered, and Gordon and Alix set out to find the technology before the Alliance could reach it.  

Art for episode 3.

half-life-2-2.jpeg

UPD: It became known that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 was canceled, and the development of a full third part began. Valve did not make any announcements about Half-life 3, but there is no doubt that the game is in development.

Game news
http://gamemag.ru/games/half-life-3

Modified on April 23rd, 2017 by ShadeVoro
124 Comments
Sort by:
G
Green102 31.10.21

The second part has just passed along with the addons. If you imagine that this is one big long game, it becomes even cooler.

P
PortalX3 31.10.21

It's great that Valve is now free of budget and can publish their own game via Steam.
I hope the source code won't be damaged =)

T
Tinkino 31.10.21

I hope for the third part, not an addon.
And in general, I hope this part will be the last.

F
FruiTinG 31.10.21

[quote name = 'TheTinkino' timestamp = '1323758334' post = '2424311']
[/ quote]
Well xs ... If she should be the last, then she should generally turn everything over and blow people's brains out of her coolness))

S
ShadeVoro 31.10.21

And on the contrary, it would be calmer for me to go through another episode 3 and on the next gene is already chl3.

As it turns out that the valv have come up with a name, you can leave chl3 or ep3 in the name.

L
Levuy 31.10.21

Royal thread : agree:
[quote name = 'ShadeVoro' timestamp = '1323777291' post = '2424707'] On the contrary, it would be safer for me to go through another episode 3 and on the next gene is already chl3. [/ quote]
Burn me a six-hour episode three in the fall and announce a three-ruble note for next-gen in 2013 and I will be happy Modified on December 13, 2011 by Levuy

T
Tinkino 31.10.21

[b] [member = Levuy] [/ b], Well, if everything were so simple, otherwise they will announce the third episode, and then we will wait for the full third part for 6-7 years.
So I am for the third part and the end of the series.

L
Levuy 31.10.21

I am sure that regardless of whether they are doing the 3rd episode, work on the third part and the new engine has already begun.

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[quote name = 'TheTinkino' timestamp = '1323758334' post = '2424311']
[/ quote]
I wonder if HL2EP1 would have called Half-Life 3, you would have been safer playing it.
It’s just clear that you don’t like just the use of the word “Episode”, but the fact that Episode 3 began to be done even a little earlier than the release of Episode 2 is so bad, it does not turn out to be a full-fledged game, even if it took about 3-4 years to develop, that by the way, by today's standards - a lot.
And how much anger to the series if you demand that HL3 be the last one. Better to let the story continue as long as the story itself is relevant.

S
ShadeVoro 31.10.21

Episode three can clearly be called a full-fledged game. They do it for a long time, and they do it ambitiously. It seems that they wanted to complete the story, if not Freeman, then it was chl2. Those. there are many more worlds. I hope Valv has a lot of ideas too.

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[b] [member = ShadeVoro] [/ b],
Don't forget about Shepard and the separate story behind Barney : happycry:
AND HL3 should be ambitious, I certainly don't want to say that Source is bad, of course not, but I want to see HL3 on a new engine, so that, as in the first Source presentations, Valve could amaze everyone. And HL3 would be the first sign of the studio.

R
RondelR 31.10.21

By the way, where did Barney go? in episode 2 they did not say anything about him?

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[b] [member = ahabezh] [/ b],
So a separate game will probably be about his adventures.
In Episode 2, he was not even mentioned.

S
ShadeVoro 31.10.21

It seems to me that the Valves do not attach much importance to this character. Well, at least for a separate game for sure.

F
FruiTinG 31.10.21

[quote name = 'ShadeVoro' timestamp = '1323872939' post = '2426384']
I don't think the Valves attach much importance to this character. Well, at least for a separate game for sure.
[/ quote]
However, a whole addon was made about him)

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[b] [member = ShadeVoro] [/ b],
Who knows, who knows - maybe they will make a separate game with one of these characters.
[b] [member = FruiTinG] [/ b],
But addons were made by other studios. Modified on December 14, 2011 by ShadowX1989

S
ShadeVoro 31.10.21

[quote name = 'FruiTinG' timestamp = '1323873218' post = '2426390']
[quote name = 'ShadeVoro' timestamp = '1323872939' post = '2426384']
I don't think Valv attach much importance to this character. Well, at least for a separate game for sure.
[/ quote]
However, a whole addon was made about him)
[/ quote]
addons are not an idea of ​​Valv, but rather approval. They even seem to have clearly denied the connection between the original plot and the addons. Modified December 14, 2011 by ShadeVoro

T
Tinkino 31.10.21

[b] [member = ShadowX1989] [/ b], I'm in no way against a new episode, it's just boring to wait a long time, so let them either do it (but not the pipeline, just not so long breaks), or finish the story.
And the Sors engine is one of the best, even because of optimization, let it be better to further improve the usr.

S
SairusVirus 31.10.21

All games on the source look holistic, while the picture remains at a decent level, even if they really improve it for the new CL, but most likely they will do so, because after such a break, they should meet expectations by 140%.

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[quote name = 'TheTinkino' timestamp = ' 1323874567' post = '2426426'] And the engine Source - one of the best, even from - for optimization, it's better to continue to improve the USR [/ quote].
That is better should be no such, it's better release a new engine for HL3 - I want a voxel engine from Valve, oh, how I want: happycry: