3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21 11:06 am

Amid evil

74bba613d870017e32dd73693c242e9e197e43fd

Developer: Indefatigable

Publisher: New Blood Interactive

Platforms: PC

Release date: June 20, 2019

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"

The producers of DUSK and the creators of Return of the Triad invite you to embark 
upon an UNREAL new FPS adventure:

SEVEN distinct episodes each featuring a completely different setting and enemies LUDICROUS magical weaponry that can be overcharged with the souls of the dead ENDLESS Hordes of Evil to hone your skills against BRUTAL and adaptive enemy AI that will hunt you down on land, sea and air SPRAWLING non-linear levels filled with secrets and ancient lore MULTITUDES of in-game options + cheat codes for a truly golden PC age experience EPIC original & dynamic soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult BUILT in Unreal Engine 4 for cutting edge visuals (even if they are a bit retro) OPTIMIZED to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)

“A badass monster mash”
PC Gamer

“Chaotic, beautiful, and fiendishly clever”
Destructoid

“Makes my d ** k hard enough to cut glass”
Civvie

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Why the hell wasn't there a theme in the game? Disorder! I hope it turned out okay, I apologize for my curvature.

Began to pass, flunked the first boss. I like everything very much. The action is very juicy, the screen shakes as it should, the opponents are pleasantly scattered to pieces, the enhanced mode of the "guns" is very cool and just blows everything to pieces.

The level design is good, but I don't know if everything will be ahead at the level of Dusk, where in the middle there is just a nightmare, in a good way, of course.

Visual ... Interesting. I'm not really sure which direction the game would like to take in terms of visuals. It seems that the opponents are all angular and polygonal, while all the weapons are super-detailed sprites, the textures are realistic from a distance, but at close range they diverge into a mess. It looks generally good, even nicer than Dusk, but they chose some strange design.

Modified on August 22, 2019 by aRmOnDo
4 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 31.10.21

7 hours ago, aRmOnDo said:

while all weapons are super-detailed sprites

By the way, I went nuts when I found out that weapons are sprites

P
Pr8da21r 31.10.21

Looks stylish and mitol.
Coming on consoles, I will definitely check it out: troll_face_24:

G
Grayharvey 31.10.21

My only serious gripe with the game is the design of the enemies. Some kind of wisps, spiked balls, a pile of cubes, in which armor is hardly guessed. Passed almost all the episodes, I haven't touched the last two yet. 

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

Passed through. In many ways worse than Dusk, but awesome combat. Level design is closer to the end closer to Daskovsky, but there it was still more interesting. But the atmosphere here is well maintained and I liked the theme of different worlds in different episodes. I liked the episodes about the Sacred Land and the Solar Cult more. The forge is an interesting world, in fact, its inhabitants put all their faith in machines that succumbed to the influence of evil. Only there they decided to put some kind of a fig so many annoying things, everywhere on the floor there is acid, from which figs you can get out. Flying drones that shoot grinders constantly appear at an inconvenient moment when you are on a narrow platform and you can easily fall, but here you need to quickly get rid of this rubbish and dodge a large and fast projectile, why did you have to do that. For some reason, they are very populated by platforming in many moments, and everyone knows that first person platforming doesn't work well. Traps are also strangely arranged, each element of a trap, be it some kind of block or gear, is one big hitbox and you take damage simply by touching this object slightly.

But the guns are just awesome, shooting in the game is a pleasure. The electric trident and the mace that throws nails were the ones I liked the most. In general, we did a very good job on combat and weapon recoil, there is always visual and sound feedback when the enemy hits and kills. In general, I liked everything very much. And the complexity was also very well gradually increased. I played on hard, the first episodes were easier, but then the complexity gradually increases, I often died in the forge, the last two episodes were kicked off altogether. In general, everything is super, I hope we will see something else from these developers.