3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 31.10.21 11:13 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Genre - FPS

Developer -
Gearbox Software
Nerve Software
TimeGate Studios
Demiurge Studios

Publisher - SEGA
Engine - RED RING (UE3 with a new visualization system)
Platforms - PC, Xbox 360, PS3
Release date - February 12, 2013
Game in development since 2006.

Plot;

The action takes place 16 weeks after the death of Ellen Ripley. The plot starts at the moment when a team of four paratroopers (Winter, Bella, O'Neill and Munday) arrive on the ship Sulako, from which Ripley was automatically evacuated in an escape pod at the beginning of the film Alien 3. The task of the squad is to investigate the details of the incident there. In addition to Sulako, players will visit the planet LV-426.

Gameplay:

The game is a team shooter. The player controls the squad by giving orders. In order to more firmly connect the game with the films, the developers decided to abandon the ability to pick up weapons from the floor - they will only be allowed to use service ones. Each soldier will be able to carry four items: main and auxiliary weapons, one special device and grenades. The main weapon is most often an assault rifle or a heavy machine gun. The sub is a personal weapon of every fighter (like the Hicks gun in the film). Special equipment allows you to classify team members. It includes: a motion sensor - a heavy screen, divided into sectors, on which approaching enemies are indicated by blue dots; a cutter that allows you to open jammed doors; gas burner to seal doors; first-aid kit to "revive" the fallen soldiers and to treat acid burns.
In the single player campaign, an intuitive task system, like the one in Star Wars: Republic Commando, will help organize the actions of subordinates. That is, it will be possible to order colleagues to attack or retreat, as well as give them contextual commands. Pointing to the turret, the soldier will occupy it, pointing to the closed door, the soldier will open it with a cutter, and so on.
Also, the developers have introduced the Quick Time Events system into the game, when the player must quickly press the necessary keys in order to perform some action, for example, to throw a stranger away from himself. Such mise-en-scenes will not be planned and are intended to give a cinematic look to what is happening.

Enemies:

The enemy in the game will be represented by several types of xenomorphs:
Facehugger - a face-hugger-parasite that attacks the victim, attaching itself to his face in order to lay the embryo of an alien in the body.
Scout - xenomorphs acting stealthily, attacking from cover.
Warrior - xenomorph warriors, resemble individuals from the second film of the cycle. They are outnumbered.
Drone is a xenomorph drone from the Alien movie.
Queen is the queen of the xenomorphs who plays the role of the boss in the game.
Crusher is a large xenomorph that crushes everything in its path. Most likely it will be one of the bosses.
There will also be shootouts with other people in the game.

While the list of developers raises concerns - it is very similar to the situation with Duke Nukem Foreva. But I'm waiting for the game as a fan of "Aliens".

Modified on July 5, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 31.10.21

I haven't liked a single gameplay video yet, so I'm not really looking forward to (

A
ACE 31.10.21

in the E3 video, some ugly weapon was in three ranges. and not particularly amtospheric. the gameplay is generally not clear and chaotic
are there records of pure gameplay, not slicing?

E
EthelWulf 31.10.21

but I'm fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHA58-_2Eg

O
Oops 31.10.21

games for strangers have not been released for a long time, it is necessary to take a love.

+ nice + coop

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] [member = Chief Keef] [/ b], senx. nicho so. you can play.

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

Something I think that the game was entrusted to the wrong people, maybe slag, it would be better if it was given to be the developer of the game Dead Space.

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

I'm confused by a stranger-rhino and the fact that it's not scary at all judging by the videos

O
Oops 31.10.21

[quote name = '- = Ruslan = -' timestamp = '1339879469' post = '2717052']
Something I think that the game was entrusted to the wrong people, maybe slag, it would be better if they let it be a developer of the game Dead Space.
[/ quote]

and was bumped up in the sprint. GearBox has more experience in positional jokers.

M
MRDrama 31.10.21

As far as I understand, they make big bets on the game? It just doesn't look like a super hit yet. Looks like just a good game. Something like the last AVP.

O
Oops 31.10.21

There are just few good games these days. There are no such super hits nowadays - PPC, hackneyed to death.

I don’t think the last one is a good game.

The main thing is that they do not try to reinvent the wheel and do not try to give any answers.

A
ACE 31.10.21

there is a possibility that the gearbox itself is there only for the screen, and the game is made by the left offices (nerve, timegeit and demiurge).

E
EthelWulf 31.10.21

[img] http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/10/Aliens-Colonial-Marines_2012_10-16-12_001.jpg [/ img]
[img] http://images.vg247.com/current/ /2012/10/Aliens-Colonial-Marines_2012_10-16-12_002.jpg [/img]

B
Blaze 31.10.21

The graphon was not delivered

d
dredd6 31.10.21

I watched the gameplay for strangers, somehow I didn't like it, they somehow turn incorrectly, move, and also, somehow you don't feel their carcasses, as if they were shapeless ...

o
opposer 31.10.21

everything was in the 1999 avp

S
SerorDe 31.10.21

[url = "http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-11-aliens-colonial-marines-preview-the-aliens-game-youve-been-waiting-for"] http: // www .eurogamer.net / articles / 2012-12-11-aliens-colonial-marines-preview-the-aliens-game-youve-been-waiting-for [/ url]

They say history can repeat itself as with Duke Nukem. Until the appearance of the Aliens, everything is going well. Atmochfer of the film, suspense. Then Aliens appear and everything seems to come to naught. Ai Alienov is stupid, his partners do not shine either. But the cannons fade as they should, for the fans of the film it is natural. As far as I understand, there are interesting ideas, but the implementation is mediocre. I didn't quite understand the location: "[i] The short campaign excerpt available to play involved a series of fetch quests in a small, confined space, having you running around the same stage again and again with a great sense of place but little of your own purpose. [/ i] "

h
homer_hk47 31.10.21

Story Trailer
[media = ''] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8nqvPEBcjw&feature=youtu.be [/ media]

K
Krauser 31.10.21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQbVws_A5sY&list=UU2K8cK-en61hqmYxlqBOvOQ&index=1

N
NetSky 31.10.21

it feels like everyone, including strangers, is using slow walking (when you press "C" on the keyboard)

A
AlexRG 31.10.21

It's kind of creepy to spend money on a game.
On the forums, infa from gamers is scarce and everything is somehow not rosy.

51923_ZhpL50k.png Modified on January 24, 2013 by AlexRG