3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 31.10.21 11:17 am

FEAR

I remembered another, I think, future HIT, and decided to make a topic about this game. Well, who knows what? I know that MONOLITH is doing it, or whatever, on a new engine, and not on Lithtech, which I think is not difficult to notice. I saw a long video on gambling addiction, I don't remember which one, 5 months ago, I can say that the plot will be with mysticism, some girls from Calls with hair on their faces ... In general, the video shows that it will be some kind of horror-FPS. A lot of blood, etc. It will be a mixture of everything that is good in Doom3 and everything that is in Half 2.: D
From doom: cool graph, but in my opinion with soft shadows, and rather dark levels. Darkness is here for the same purpose for which the Silent Hill series needs it, and not for what Doom needs it - so as not to interfere with the gamer's sleep: D. From half: Cool cinematography, interactivity and plot. So, at least now it seems. Well, of course, like almost all FPS, the plot is not linear. Missions can be done in different ways. MAY BE...

123 Comments
Sort by:
m
mowgli 31.10.21

[quote name = "HELLHAMMER"] [b] Molodnyak [/ b] - Yes, there is such a thing, you can still hit on the head with these feet. In short, quite an interesting thing, but after a 15-minute walkthrough, it's already boring, chess word, nothing new. All the dark corridors and corridors. [/ Quote]
uh-uh ... has she already left?

H
HELLHAMMER 31.10.21

[b] mowgli [/ b] - No, but I'm just big-eyed: wink:

[size = 75] Added on 22 Feb 2005, 16:45: [/ size]

[b] FEAR [/ b] is another simple word (abbreviation ) firmly entrenched in the depths of the consciousness of self-respecting gamers (I do not like this word), equivalent to Doom III or Half-Life 2, the game forced itself to be respected before it came out. Well, that's the way it is anyway
and healthy interest must have always accompanied good demand. So the first thing developers need not worry about is the sales volume of their brainchild. Recently I watched a 20-minute video from the game, the video showed exclusively gameplay. By the way, you can find it on the February DVD that came with the PC game magazine. What pleased us in the video is its content, we see the passage of the game from the very beginning. So, the feeling from what he saw was very mixed.

[b] Graphics: [/ b]

Yes, what can I tell you, you yourself know what kind of graphics there is, there is nothing to add. The next generation games, so to speak, started with Far Cry, will end with god knows what, but wait, I know, they will end with the next generation games. Here are a few things that I haven't seen in any other game. Explosions, they are realized divinely, at the very beginning we see a flash, then there is a shock wave, and only then fragments of glass, chips fly, it looks very beautiful. I also remember the corrugated glass, I have not yet seen the best distortion effect, it looks very realistic. Plus to all this, a very impressive level of shadows, and other attributes of the "fancy" game.

[b] Atmosphere: [/ b]

Well, what can I say? The game, ala Doom III, 80% of the premises are poorly lit (I take into account only those that I saw myself). Quite unpleasant sounds, whipping up horror on us, are also included with the game. All that I saw was reduced to the unquestioning destruction of enemy units, and constant running around a huge skyscraper. There is already an amateur.

[b] Scene: [/ b]

You are a fighter of an elite unit called FEAR on a helicopter, you are landed on the roof of a skyscraper in order to complete a certain task, apparently to destroy enemy units, while what kind of units and under whose department we have no idea. Having run and killed the scoundrels, we understand that there will not end with armed thugs alone, something strange is happening, the lights are turned off everywhere, we come across the torn apart detachments of the enemy. Incomprehensible silhouettes roam in the distance, in short, you are in.
In other words, a very interesting game awaits us, which is at least worth playing.

N
NarayanCat 31.10.21

I haven’t seen the video ... and this big video on DVD from PC games? can there be a thread somewhere in the network?

H
HELLHAMMER 31.10.21

[b] NarayanCat [/ b] - I have no idea where the videos are on the network, I just have such a speed that when you view their weight, you can quickly get an attack. By the way, FEAR stands for First Encouther Assault and recon.

m
mowgli 31.10.21

when the exit is scheduled. as I read the preview in KG for a long time, I liked it, but then somehow I lost sight of it.

B
Blood wolf 31.10.21

: scare: I saw screenshots, there was a man turned inside out, and behind him was a girl, with long black hair that covered her face, it was the same girl from CALL. Very impressive.

B
BLP 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] PS: Who did the second blood? If they are then this is perhaps one failed game
they just made it at that moment when the people did not have iron to play it, so I had a 16-meter voodubanshi and I trudged to the fullest, and then the price of vidyahi fell (tnt, tnt2) and hits like halfen anryl taxied to the fullest, against their background blood2 lost :(.

G
Guest 31.10.21

I played in 2000. gross game. IMHO

N
NarayanCat 31.10.21

[offtopic] about [b] Blood 2: The Chosen [/ b]: I don't remember when - a cool game, I passed it (which rarely happens, because games get boring quickly) ... played on TNT2 32-meter, normally fs it was ... action, meat ... fse as I like))) [/ offtopic]

G
Guest 31.10.21

but I didn’t like it, it’s boring somehow. it cannot be compared with the first one, it was much more interesting to play in the first one.
The graphics looked better there, despite the fact that there were 2D models and I played on a 2-meter card (there were no lags). The design is better.

The locations were much more interesting - what is the cost of the train, attractions.
Maybe, of course, the fact is that this is one of the first games and then I had nothing better, but I remember it as a super game.

I couldn't play the second

/
/ anty / 31.10.21

On IGN, a new infa, they praise, they say that it is cooler than half and headlights, a very active igruha, looked 2 videos, it is not very clear how to fight, a very furious and fast battle, with a bunch of effects, in general, cool, cool tuned shaders, materials shine correctly and the bump is natural, in general it seems like something good is waiting for us))

N
NarayanCat 31.10.21

we hope, we believe, we wait ...

H
HELLHAMMER 31.10.21

[b] NarayanCat [/ b] - What can we expect here? In terms of the engine and graphics, the game was a success, I can tell you now - everything else is for an amateur. In general, a very interesting product, well, very much.

N
NarayanCat 31.10.21

Duc that's just the game and we have to wait ... I'm waiting)) I hope I'm a fan of what will be done in the Monolith)))

D
Distorter 31.10.21

Here's a post. Very soon there will be 2 etit mega giants, super projects that combine all the latest advances in graphics and an excellent, most importantly, interesting plot.
But, speaking of ultra-modern graphics, I personally ask myself a question: what should my computer be like to try out these 2 toys?
FEAR ------------------------------------------
After going through foreign forums and reading the lion's share of all kinds of posts created by testers of the official beta version of the game FEAR, I came to a disappointing conclusion: my SUPER computer, just yesterday, will not be enough.
All testers write that the best processor for the game is the AMD Athlon 64 (I think it's in terms of price and quality). Here is the problem with the RAM. I am afraid that the situation will repeat itself with the "Boiling Point" and its Gig of RAM at least. Testers write that on Athlon 64 with an average video card (and any Ge-Force below 6600 GT and any ATI below the X series ...) and 1 Gigabyte of RAM at maximum settings, the game runs with noticeable jerks and small brakes in some places.
This information is available on forums and websites:

Speed ​​+ super quality: ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition or Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
For not very rich: ATI Radeon 9600XT / ATi X800XL
For the majority: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Nvidia FX5900, 6600GT
Living wage: ATI Radeon 9500, Nvidia FX5700, XGI Volari G3

Third-party ATI-based video card manufacturers: Sapphire, Gigabyte, Asus, Connect3D, Powercolor, Abit, HIS

Nvidia-based third-party video card manufacturers: BFG, XFX, Gigabyte, Chaintech, Asus

This regarding the video. As for the RAM, I think that I will have to upgrade to as much as 1 Gigabyte, because this will be the minimum for FEAR (they write that the game runs smoothly only from 1.5 GB)
To completely aggravate the picture, I will quote:
"Giga-Byte K8NS Nforce 3 Ultra 250 (Socket 939)
Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2ghz (Socket 939)
1024mb's Kingston Hyper X PC 3200 (TCCD)
ATI Radeon X800Pro 256mb (AGP)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Catalyst 5.6 Video Card Drivers
Direct X 9.0C
Latest Audigy Drivers
All of my motherboard drivers and bios updated to thier current
version

In the test at max settings at 1024x768 I get around 27fps with no Anti aliasing and 16x anisotropic filtering.
Ingame during play I get around 50fps with the same settings. "

For those who did not understand: on the above computer configuration, 1024x768 resolution with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering equal to 16, the tester gets only 27 frames per second on the benchmark and about 50 in the game (average)
This is how.
Stalker ---------------------------------------- ---------------------
The beta testing of the game has not yet been given, I have not seen the official system requirements. Skeptics expect about 1 Giga of RAM on a 2.8 GHz "Penke" and a 128-megabyte video, a la Ge-Force 6600 (Gt) -6800. This is the minimum
------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Hence, the question: We should start hanging with you, or hope that all this is just beta costs versions and lack of official information? ...

S
Sinev 31.10.21

Well, in fear, quite normal performance, not in all games with AA and AF to play (16x is VERY bold). You can download the beta version and check your computer at the same time (although remembering the hl2 beta, it's better not to look at these indicators). For example, if you have P4 2.67 Northwood and 512mb of RAM, you can play quite comfortably by purchasing another 512 and placing 6600GT ($ 230 video + memory, with minimal calculations).
As for the stalker, I already have no strength to speak, do not wait for this DNF and play other equally interesting games. :)

B
BlindGuard 31.10.21

The topic about Stalker is:
[url = http: //forums.gamemag.ru/viewtopic.php? T = 6519] http://forums.gamemag.ru/viewtopic.php?t=6519 [/ url]

And let this will be about FEAR

E
EQA Rif 31.10.21

[quote] For those who do not understand: on the above computer configuration, resolution 1024x768 with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering [/ quote]
Without anti-aliasing.

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

And Temka_to already exists: wink: [url = http: //forums.gamemag.ru/viewtopic.php? T = 184460] http://forums.gamemag.ru/viewtopic.php?t=184460 [/ url]

[ size = 75] Added on Aug 02, 2005, 8:31 am: [/ size]

And in general, everyone should download the 11th video >>> [url = http: //www.ag.ru/files/videos/12086] http: // www.ag.ru/files/videos/12086 [/url]
(15 minutes of gameplay at one of the levels)

PS >>> What is written in the topmost post-screaming nonsense:?

[size = 75] Added on Aug 02, 2005, 8:36 am: [/ size]

PPS >>> Here you need to listen to the opinion of professionals
[url = http: //www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/0605/itogi- video-f-wxp-pcie.html] http://www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/0 ... -pcie.html [/ url]
[url = http: //www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/0605/itogi-video-f-wxp-pcie-aaa.html] http://www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video / 0 ... e-aaa.html [/ url]

S
Sinev 31.10.21

Oops in ixbt, very different results, too small. But I think this is temporary, remember hl2.
[offtopic] Molodnyak I wrote this nonsense? :) [/ offtopic]