3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gameskiller 31.10.21 11:22 am

The darkness ii

[img] http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20110208/cT2aa4xb.jpg [/ img]

[b] Platforms [/ b]: PC, Xbox 360, PS3
[b] Release date: [/ b] Autumn 2011
[b] Developer [/ b] - Digital Extremes
[b] Info: [/ b]

[spoil] 2K has put an end to years of rumors by officially confirming the development of The Darkness II, and has also announced that Digital Extremes will be managing the project.
Few details of the FPS have been revealed, other than that players will be reprising the role of long-haired Mafioso Jackie Estacado and controlling his supernatural darkness powers.
2K say the game also features a "hand-painted graphic noir technique" which enables it to stay true to its comic book origins.
British comic book author Paul Jenkins is returning to pen the script. Jenkins has written for the comic series itself, as well as contributing to the God of War series.
"Sometimes that whooshing sound you hear is that of comic fans holding their collective breath," said co-creator of The Darkness comics Marc Silvestri in a press release. Or it might just be the wind.
Digital Extremes is most famous for its work in co-developing the Unreal series alongside Epic. The studio also chipped in with Bioshock 2's development, and created 2008's Dark Sector, which was praised in its 8/10 review for having "thrilling combat and sensational visuals".
Rumors of Darkness II have been slipping out since 2008, where a speaker at Top Cow's New York Comic Con panel said "we can't say Darkness and video game sequel in the same sentence. So, Darkness. Wink. Sequel."
The original game in the series was made by Starbreeze Studios, who have recently been rumored to be heading up a new Syndicate game for EA. [/ Spoil]

[b] First screenshot [/ b]
[img] http: // s1. ipicture.ru/uploads/20110208/XY6zTeiF.jpg [/img]
124 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 31.10.21

from other developers - not rub.
The first was excellent.

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

from other developers - not rub.
The first was excellent.

O
OkaRin 31.10.21

The First Darkness is a masterpiece. Literally recently, everyone was remembered in the thread :).

Such, of course, offense and sadness - are not done by Starbreezes, and, remembering the recent biotresh two, I am afraid of the same pancake lumpy from digital extremes.
Time will judge.

O
OkaRin 31.10.21

The First Darkness is a masterpiece. Literally recently, everyone was remembered in the thread :).

Such, of course, offense and sadness - are not done by Starbreezes, and, remembering the recent biotresh two, I am afraid of the same pancake lumpy from digital extremes.
Time will judge.

A
ACE 31.10.21

The first part is a dull fake with a good plot, and since the script for the second part is written by the same scriptwriter, I think the fans of the first part will not be discouraged by the game

O
Owl 31.10.21

Nothing like this. I did not notice any sadness there. The game was just gorgeous. For Starbreeze. But the second the devil knows ...

g
gameskiller 31.10.21

[b] ACE [/ b], the first part, one of the best carrent games, you cho: facepalm:

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b], I do not impose my opinion on what I wish on you

g
gameskiller 31.10.21

[b] ACE [/ b], I just don't understand how you can call this game dull: banghead:

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b],
levels are empty, 2 and a half pieces, there is nothing to do there. separate epic feil - levels in the "first world"
graphics - low polygonal, little details, curve animation, nafik show gg so close, if it was animated through the back, the first world in general as starting projects ps2.
gameplay - skunky shootouts. there is no fan, so usually you kill everyone so quickly that you do not have time to get kaif. ai bad, so there is no fan. Snakes get bored with killing quickly, since there are not very many kill animations, and purely gameplay mechanics are not very well developed. coupled with a dull level design and a monstrous World War I, the
only plus of the game is the plot, and sometimes the music is ok

g
gameskiller 31.10.21

[b] ACE [/ b], you basically have all your complaints related to graphics ...
hence the question, did you play darkness at the start in 2007? or later?

T
The great logan 31.10.21

The first one is cool. Only there is one trendy feature.

There are several moments in the game in which you can - you will go wrong, and the whole game will fall into such a cycle and in principle it will be impossible to go through it. You can't go back (maybe the script worked), and boot too - the autosave worked.
There are three or four such places in the game, I personally got into two, and did not pass because of this. One of them is when after 1/3 of the game you get to the port, almost to the end.

This speaks of a certain curvature of the developers: D

[size = 85] [color = green] Added after 5 minutes 9 seconds: [/ color] [/ size]

Strange as it may seem, more events from the third volume of comics.
Classic and new enemies, Angelus for example.
And you can add investigations, but this is unlikely, since Witchblade is unlikely to be included in the game.

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

I went through the first part 3 times, the game was cool! but only one minus is the first world war zombie soldiers were such bullshit did then it didn’t need to be done then they spoiled the experience of the game, and the rest was super in the city there was such a cool atmosphere in the subway it was cool graphics was cool! I'm waiting for the second part, I hope that there won't be any first worlds, although after playing Dark Sector I don't know I don't know what will happen to the game, well, we'll wait and see.

C
Chieffy 31.10.21

[Quote] but only one minus is the First World War, the zombie soldiers were made such bullshit [/ quote]
well, actually, it's a real hell in which wars are forever frozen and the atmosphere is very diluted
[offtopic] I wanted to write just like you, but could not: sad : [/ offtopic]

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b], in fact, in addition to the graphics, I have complaints about the gameplay and the structure of the levels. did you read my last post completely? good gameplay with bad graphics is tolerable, but vice versa - no. Wandering around the empty city of darkness is boring, and the First World War is even more boring.
and I bought the game at the start right away. as a fan of Riddick. Already from the very beginning I did not like it, but how I got to the First World War I vomited at all. sold the disc and returned to the game only a few years later (borrowed it from a friend), as he wanted to know how the story ended. As a result, I liked it more during the second playthrough, apparently because I did not use patichat in 2007, but, as I said, with live any trash immediately goes better)))

E
Elzerd 31.10.21

World War I is one of the coolest levels in shooters. Those who did not understand the metaphorical nature of the story and did not listen to what the soldiers were saying are his problems. From this level I was delighted, like a revived picture, some kind.

Well, what else is there, before the pokatuski from Heilo, you cho.

g
gameskiller 31.10.21

treshak, of course, where does he care about Kaim's ass: brash:

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b], trololo? you can at least crap the entire list of my favorite games. who cares? you asked - I answered. but in general, yes, darkness is a crooked treshachok made with a meager budget. as I said of the pros, only the plot and a couple of tracks. I expected more from the creators of riddick. Asalt company he is dark athena by the way, too, not ok. let's see what they do for EA.

g
gameskiller 31.10.21

you like to rubbish good games, not me, so forgive me, to the wrong address (((

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b], come on. look at your last post))) you just trolled, and I expressed my opinion without a drop of trolism. good or bad play is a matter of taste. I argued my opinion.