3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wurz-7 31.10.21 11:37 am

Titanfall

Titanfall

Genre - FPS
Developer - Respawn
Publisher - EA
Platforms - PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360
Release Date - Spring 2014

7f86ccde7a5156e165bddfc4d85f4fa0.jpg

f764c3dafcaf7909b1a8b21ad1b1d223.jpg

Game Info.
http://gamemag.ru/news/podrobnosti-titanfall-pervoy-igri-ot-respawn-87509
[spoil]
- Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, and the port for the Xbox 360 is made by another studio.

- At first, the game was created with an eye to the current generation, but the developers realized that the existing consoles did not have enough power to implement all their ideas.

- When the studio began to consider options for porting to a new generation of consoles, they were interested in the proposal from Microsoft.

- Respawn is currently focused on new hardware, but this may change in the future. Studio representatives do not say whether it is about the current project or something else.

- Microsoft cloud services will be used for dedicated servers, as well as physics and artificial intelligence calculations.

- Tentative release date - spring 2014. Today the game looks great.

- Genre: first person shooter. The battles will be fought both in the role of infantry and in the role of a pilot of combat robots, which are called "Titans".

- Battles in Titans are extremely dynamic - they can dodge, speed up, and so on.

- If you don't want to pilot the Titan, he can just follow you, killing everything in its path.

- Human characters are called Pilots - players can run on walls, do several jumps at a time. Pilots are able to counter the Titans by jumping on them and shooting the "brain".

- Pilots should not only be agile, but also cunning. The authors of the game use the term “hit and run”.

- The Pilots have a very impressive arsenal - pistols, assault rifles, as well as an “anti-titanium” grenade launcher.

- There will be computer-controlled bots on the maps. They can be subdued by their will with the help of a “digital knife”.

- The average lifespan on the map is higher than in Call of Duty, Battlefield or Halo. The game is much more beginner friendly thanks to the combination of open cards, real players and bots.

- The project is based on the Source Engine. Writing your own engine would take too long. Source allowed the game to run at 60 frames per second, and was also partially redesigned for compatibility with the new generation.

- The article describes the process of forming a team, an unpleasant situation with Activision, prototyping ideas, and so on. The author with NeoGAF advises to read the whole text.

- The overall style is reminiscent of District 9 and Blade Runner.

- The story is closer in spirit to Left 4 Dead.

- People are settled on the Earth and the planets closest to it. Corporations are trying to seize the resources of the colonies.

- Confirmed Smartglass integration, partial Kinect support, "story multiplayer" and "classic multiplayer", as well as some mode for one player, the details of which have not yet been disclosed. [/ Spoil]

123 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 31.10.21

It's a pity the single will not be, I was waiting for an epic from the respawns

d
dima.shreder 31.10.21

[member = 'dozensnake'], judging by the line 

Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.

the single will just be

although maybe it's against bots 

Modified June 6, 2013 by dima.shreder

N
NetSky 31.10.21

the single will just be

Well, I would translate right away at least and not see only the word "single"

It says they'll bring all the catchy single-coil moments into multiplayer. As I understand it, they will just file a movie for the cartoon, there will be all sorts of epic moments

But in general, you need to watch the gameplay, I honestly waited and thought that they would make a Single game in the future, but now we are talking about purely multiplayer, it's hard to say, given the fact that BF4 is on the horizon and DICE also has BF 2143 there. , but I'm not usually torn into two multiplayer games, I play one thing because it is difficult to drag and pump several games, in short, you have to look, there will definitely not be bad and there will be those who will play it. 

Modified June 6, 2013 by NetSky

A
ANDREvv 31.10.21

There is a single in the woods, I would not even start. Railroad shooting galleries bored me. Already there will be a kill zone, kalovdutia and battle - where else? Fresh and thoughtful multiplayer mechanics are what you really need. : icon_cool:

A
ACE 31.10.21

I would really like a cool single. if not, it’s a pity.

although left 4 grandfather was the first in the coop nicho it was, if it is even a little better, then I will buy it.

the multiplayer itself does not interest me very much. more interesting single and co-op

N
NetSky 31.10.21

Goes forest single

And this is said by a person waiting for a single game) how would you react if the same GTA or WatchDog or other games suddenly turned out to be only multiplayer. Even BF, despite the fact that the single is a precursor there, the developers stubbornly bet on it, make it better, better quality and more expensive. There is a new Generals, just a cartoon, and what a high the fans raised that there would be no single, as the developers immediately assured that it would be. We must pay tribute to the fact that there are a lot of players, they buy 20 lamas and the statistics cuts about 3+ lamas playing the cartoon, on the console, I mean that half of them don't even play the cartoon, but only love the single, you can't forget about those either.

Modified June 6, 2013 by NetSky

A
ANDREvv 31.10.21

how would you react if the same GTA or WatchDog or other games suddenly turned out to be only multiplayer

I would be slightly surprised by the fact that GTA and w_d suddenly became rail shooters ...: icon_rolleyes: Because we were talking about them. Although for me and in GTA, the plot is just a warm-up before real gameplay. And about shooters - yes, I am sick of these miserable shooting galleries to horror. During the presentation of the battle, I was thinking exclusively about what I will see in the cartoon from the one presented in the single. During the demonstration of the kill zone, I just yawned, because behind a beautiful picture hides the dumbest shooting gallery, which I don't even want to play for free. But the new multiplayer mechanic is cool. These people have already taken the cartoon jester to a new level once and I am very interested in what they have done now. Because something new (and high-quality at the same time) is very much needed by the genre.

Modified June 6, 2013 by ANDREvv

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'ANDREvv' timestamp = '1370536436' post = '3344920'] I would be a little surprised that GTA and w_d suddenly became rail shooters ... Because it was about them. Although for me and in GTA, the plot is just a warm-up before real gameplay. And about shooters - yes, I am sick of these miserable shooting galleries to horror. During the presentation of the battle, I was thinking exclusively about what I will see in the cartoon from the one presented in the single. During the demonstration of the killzone, I just yawned, because behind a beautiful picture hides the dumbest shooting gallery, which I don't even want to play for free. But the new multiplayer mechanic is cool. These people have already taken the cartoon jester to a new level once and I am very interested in what they have done now. Because something new (and high-quality at the same time) is very much needed by the genre. [/ quote]

Well, you don't need to throw everyone under one shit cutter either. Maybe those shooters are bad not because they are like that, but because they could not be done normally, plus when the game has a normal plot as a whole and it is interesting to play, KZ 2-3 went with great pleasure, I look forward to the new part very much and if I have everything it will be good that this will be one of the first games that I will immediately buy on PS4, the same is the case with BF4, only here I have not figured out the platforms yet, besides, DICE learned the lessons of the single BF3 and says in every possible way that BF4 will be bigger and better, and a single is always a good predictor for multiplayer, even take this forum, in general, who dofig in such a thing? if, in general, we compare the market of F2P projects of this genre, that is, games but their units, maibie capturing Side 2 and WarFighter, nothing else comes to mind so far,

N
Natalia Oreiro 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Wurz-7' timestamp = '1370527492' post = '3344308'] Release date - Vesta 2014 [/ quote] 

Please fix

M
MRDrama 31.10.21

Without a single I won't even touch the game

R
RL Rooha 31.10.21

So what, you think there won't be a single, you still write that you bought and played for the sake of a single in Battle 3.

D
DarTV 31.10.21

It's very interesting to watch the game. But so far I have no idea how the infantry will resist the caliber of the titans) 

A
ANDREvv 31.10.21

[quote name = 'NetSky' timestamp = '1370538126' post = '3345027'] Maybe those shooters are bad not because they are like that, but because they could not be done normally [/ quote] What is this generally said for? What are "such" as "normal"? I see a dull shooting range with zero gameplay variety (killzones) and a slightly less dull shooting range about the next runners-up for terrorists (battles). Tired of a long time ago. Unless I'll start a single battle to look at Omar with a big gun, like in the old and bad times. : icon_mrgreen:

[quote name = 'DarTV' timestamp = '1370542309' post = '3345390'] But so far I have no idea how the infantry will resist the caliber of the titans [/ quote] There is some kind of cunning infantry. Maybe even stealth ...: gigi:

S
S4O 31.10.21

Oh my God. Pissing in your ears again about their cloud technologies ... What are they going to process there? AI and physics? OK. First, what kind of AI can there be in an online shooter if even the titans themselves are controlled by players? Of course, I remember that a titan can simply follow the player and kill everything in its path, but I have no idea that there can be something in its AI that cannot be implemented on the console itself. Second, physics? Even if it is possible ... In general, it is not even worth writing about how unplayable it will be due to delays. Modified June 6, 2013 by SoulGrabber
let's go without versus

A
ANDREvv 31.10.21

[quote name = 'S4O' timestamp = '1370544801' post = '3345521'] They are pissing in their ears again about their cloud technologies ... Respawn and MS work idiots. : facepalm: 125 times. : icon_rolleyes:

A
ANDREvv 31.10.21

[member = 'S4O'], Believe? : upset: No, I don’t have to believe in anything, I’m not a member of the console sects and I don’t worship a piece of hardware - neither one nor the other. I just play games and look forward to interesting projects. If there will be clouds, they will not - do not care at all (although it is a little scary that they really can be there - this is how many trolls are hospitalized with a nervous breakdown: icon_eek :). I will most likely play the game on the PC. Just watching all this cloudy clownade, when they whine about it in all the topics in a row, is already tired. They said it once, said two, said twenty-two - maybe that's enough? : icon_rolleyes:

Modified June 6, 2013 by ANDREvv

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'ANDREvv' timestamp = '1370543620' post = '3345450'] What is this generally said for? What are "such" as "normal"? I see a dull shooting range with zero gameplay variety (killzones) and a slightly less dull shooting range about the next runners-up for terrorists (battles). Tired of a long time ago. Unless I'll start a single battle to look at Omar with a big gun, as in the old and bad times [/ quote]

You've basically described 99% of action games or shooters. Che so find fault with that?

S
SoulGrabber 31.10.21

[b] [member = 'S4O'] [/ b], in the same place, bots will run along with the players, which the teams can lure over to their side. I think a good AI will not hurt them.

N
NetSky 31.10.21

Bots have always spoiled the imo game (

D
DarTV 31.10.21

Well, here the cloudbot will show everyone)