3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beloved and respected by 31.10.21 11:41 am

Shadow Warrior (2013)

A remake of the classic 1997 shooter of the same name by 3D Realms, created by the independent development studio Flying Wild Hog.

Shadow Warrior is the story of Chi Len, a mercenary of the Zilla Enterprises, who was ordered to procure the mysterious sword Nobitsura Kage, which bestows unlimited power. Learning that the unusual blade belongs to the ancient gods from another reality, and their intentions are truly terrible, Chi Len becomes a hero against his will. Blades and cannons, otherworldly magic and his own wit will help him expose those who are behind the invasion of demons into our world, and send evil back into darkness.

aca07d6d4946ce6140ab407df7dea031.jpg

6df4430507f4458afc4928789c57cd12.jpg

6ebef86f6fd582d9ac3a071bb3b0f640.jpg

822798defdbf9386986bc7ccef44f507.jpg

http://youtu.be/B9MqPr9dqws

The game is already available on Steam, who managed to rate it?

Modified on September 27, 2013 by everyone beloved and respected
21 Comments
Sort by:
F
Freeman 31.10.21

[member = 'Everyone's beloved and respected'], yes it is already on sale. I personally did not buy it myself. The friend praises, especially the katana. In terms of a meat grinder)))

Modified September 28, 2013 by Last Moment

L
Lolobot 31.10.21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGsvgTlnYhs

B
Bristolq 31.10.21

Played for 15 minutes, deleted.

L
Lolobot 31.10.21

Played for 15 minutes, deleted.

And why did you delete it?

B
Bristolq 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Lolobot' timestamp = '1380366784' post = '3610946'] And why did you delete it? [/ quote]

Well, it's a sin to complain about outdated mechanics, since the game is a remake. It's just that it's played a little differently now than in the late 90s. Play, if only stupid for fun - to run, shoot, cut off heads.

B
Beloved and respected by 31.10.21

I also managed to evaluate, in principle, I still like everything.

The plot at the beginning is in the style of Tarantino, the graphics are not very bad, the 3D is very beautiful (I can rivet screenshots), well, the good old boovochka - chop the kramsai shoot. 

This is how shooters should be made now, and not the disgrace that we see in 90% of games. It's nice that there are those people who do shooting games right

Everything is spoiled only by optimization, but this is a profitable business, everything will be fixed, everything will be corrected, I have no doubt about it

I didn’t play Red Stell on Wii, but something tells me that the game would fit perfectly on the raiser hydra, put on rifts and feel like Mr. Tu Millien Dollars

The creators of Hard Reset tried very hard

Console people will be able to evaluate it only next year.

So far, for me, this is the most charismatic hero of shooters this year, and the shooter itself is probably the best so far.

Give these guys money and time and they will concoct such Blood 3 that all shooter makers will need to learn from them

p
pwnu 31.10.21

I like the pace of the game. Enemies are not slopoki, they will spawn a lot, often from almost all sides - you have to run after them and from them, a powerful acceleration decides for him. : up: I like the katana and its special moves. Enemies shuffle fun and effectively.

I haven't played such dynamic and driving shooters for a long time. We burst into a crowd of enemies, simultaneously charging a blow at 360 *, rrraz and gg with one blow cuts 3-4 monsters. : icon_mad: A well-aimed lkm and the severed head flies from the shoulders. SS + lkm and an invisible blade cuts monsters in half from a distance.  

The performance was disappointing, however, ssao puts FPS in half. Without it, stable 60 frames. Upsetting a bunch of exploding objects, in a narrow passage, a circular blow, along with monsters, often chops barrels and mopeds, taking them to the grave.

Modified October 1st, 2013 by pwnu

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

Played on PC not a lot, the game is cool! dismembered super! a fun game, the grafon is cute, so you can relax with a beer after work. 

o
opposer 31.10.21

how to get through the bamboo maze where it says "destroy the statue with the lamp"? (at the beginning of the game)

s
satanax21 31.10.21

Played on PC not a lot, the game is cool! dismembered super! a fun game, the grafon is cute, so you can relax with a beer after work. 

I wrote as if the game was released not only on PC

Y
YTKA 31.10.21

http://youtu.be/_MUEzYAkWsw

Added survival mode. The beauty. 

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

I didn’t like the shooting, but cutting constantly tires too

Y
YTKA 31.10.21

Stock weapons, of course none. But after pumping and opening the second mode just right. 

E
Evolved 31.10.21

The discount is now 75%, if anyone is interested: icon_cool:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

Played, passed in 19 hours, as shown by Steam.

By the end of the game, it begins to seem that the plot is still nonsense, it would be better to do how Lo Wang fights the Japanese mafia, who, out of desperation, make a deal with demons to stop Lo Wang. So that most of the enemies would be people, because monsters are not particularly interesting to cut. Especially when they are shown constantly, i.e. most of the time you spend in the game you kill monster monster monsters and monster bosses. And when people appear in the game, there is also an interest in the game. Throughout the game, there were several skirmishes with people, I think this is where all of them are, and towards the end of the game a crowd of obsessed mafiez appears, I thought that they were kept in the corral, that ultimately the aviary could not stand it and they broke free.

The trailer, which the developers demonstrated, inspired hope for an interesting and competent screenwriting and directorial work, but this is just a run from point A to point B, simultaneously looking for everything and everyone, different secrets, secret places, i.e. from the point of view of the above-mentioned points, the game is absolutely not interesting. Moreover, they added a button for skipping the screensavers, which obsessively beckons to itself, and says "click, click, click on me." From the point of view of the gameplay, the game surprises only at the beginning, over time, you begin to notice the emptiness in all this.

During the game, I had only one feeling - the desire to go through the original game, no, I'm not saying that the "remake" / adaptation is poorly done, it just could be better, here the developers took experience from their previous project, in which I was enough for 30 minutes, after which I deleted the game due to a simple "void" in the game. Only one fact made me play this game - 3d Realms. The feeling of the good old days is not particularly felt.

k
kahnv 31.10.21

Began to pass, while I like everything. Only now it is not clear - really the old consoles would not have pulled this game? Of course, with stripped-down graphics. I hope the guys will revive the rest of the shooters of the 90s - Sin, Blood, Hexen, Heretic.

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'kahnv'], Blood remake is something you can only dream of. The king of kings of the horror shooter genre.

k
kahnv 31.10.21

Well, why, maybe with the help of Shadow Warrior, they analyze the market, so to speak, a startup for further development. Moreover, Wolfenstein and Duke Nukem showed that people are waiting. Once upon a time, many dreamed of playing Resident Evil Remake without an emulator)))). Let's dream and wait. Truly the king of horror shooters.

Here's another moment now, many are afraid to create a new brand, because they have to invest a lot of money, there is less risk with the purchase of a franchise, or the developer must prove himself, but we see that the consequences can be different - sunset overdrive and D4 are examples of this.

Modified January 20, 2015 by kahnv

J
JasonWU 31.10.21

Ahahaha, something I was stupid, I thought I wouldn’t like the game, lol. The game is very good.

Blood, guts, bloated! : icon_twisted: OLDSCOOL !!! One feels the most ancient, forgotten ethno, when you are extinguished recklessly with reptiles, and, most importantly, the weapon is really useful, and not so - we add a bunch of slag for shkolota.

GO TO HELL MAZAFAKARS !!!1f7dfe92062a23c67f42e445333f02b7.gif

Great for relaxing in the evening. Imagine all your complexes, your unhappy first love, that creature that took money from you for breakfast at school, your stupid fat boss and here they are !! And you fry, fry, fry them ... oh yeah ... na, na, beast.8d68e54a62616587d62ff4c057aa5ba7.gif

Okay kidding bte.gif

The plot of the rules, beautiful themes, funny jokes. It is better not to touch rabbits;)))

Optimization is still not so hot, FPS can sink in different corners of a small room.

The game naturally needs to be taken in dosage, well, I played no more than a couple of hours a day. The only thing, the location of Zilla's Snow Castle seemed to me too long - a lot of large empty rooms, fi. By the in-game timer, it turned out a little over 12 hours ... somehow even a little ...

Hoji has a cool voice acting, especially the phrase "Thank you" delivered.

The ending

[spoil] Sorry for Hoji ...opr0JDAD.gif

[/ spoil]

k
kahnv 31.10.21

Ahahaha, something I was stupid, I thought I wouldn’t like the game, lol. The game is very good.

Blood, guts, bloated! : icon_twisted: OLDSCOOL !!! One feels the most ancient, forgotten ethno, when you are extinguished recklessly with reptiles, and, most importantly, the weapon is really useful, and not so - we add a bunch of slag for shkolota.

GO TO HELL MAZAFAKARS !!!1f7dfe92062a23c67f42e445333f02b7.gif

Great for relaxing in the evening. Imagine all your complexes, your unhappy first love, that creature that took money from you for breakfast at school, your stupid fat boss and here they are !! And you fry, fry, fry them ... oh yeah ... na, na, beast.8d68e54a62616587d62ff4c057aa5ba7.gif

Okay kidding bte.gif

The plot of the rules, beautiful themes, funny jokes. It is better not to touch rabbits;)))

Optimization is still not so hot, FPS can sink in different corners of a small room.

The game naturally needs to be taken in dosage, well, I played no more than a couple of hours a day. The only thing, the location of Zilla's Snow Castle seemed to me too long - a lot of large empty rooms, fi. By the in-game timer, it turned out a little over 12 hours ... somehow even a little ...

Hoji has a cool voice acting, especially the phrase "Thank you" delivered.

The ending

[spoil] Sorry for Hoji ...opr0JDAD.gif

[/ spoil]

So all the same, it's a matter of optimization, but I thought the computer did not pull. And what did you use on the PC or on the console?