3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RimasG 31.10.21 11:52 am

Old school FPS vs New school FPS

[b] [member = Rebial], [/ b]
[quote] It's really impossible to play on the pad in Quake not at the tractor driver's level. [/ quote]
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v = kyfRoRyrwgY [/ media]
and where is tractor driving ?
in the Sonia version of 97, aiming through the crosspiece is impossible, but in the recent port of 2005 it is quite possible - in terms of dynamics it is in no way inferior to the PC version. Only here on the pad to knock out headshots and at the same time carry the shooting on the run is almost impossible for me. Yes, and there is a considerable chance to miss. But this only adds a challenge. ;)
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYc5TC2QwAE&feature=related [/ media]
Oh, and still nothing beats the Sonia's version. Modified January 5, 2012 by Azzy
79 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hitm0n 31.10.21

[b] [member = Bladef1st] [/ b], code yes, spectacularly beautiful, but single - for 1 time.
but the first parts of the doom, duke, quake and others I went through dozens of times,
especially the first quake - this is something. There was something exciting about them

p
pwnu 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Rebial' timestamp = '1325790269' post = '2453581'] Naturally, this is a rather difficult task [/ quote]
By the forces of 99% of the population, an abundance of students and schoolchildren with their own configs (well, configs are mb and not all their own were) on floppy disks in computer clubs at the time of ku3 confirms this.

A
Antohio 31.10.21

In fact, shooters have risen a lot in our time, I play new shooters and sometimes I go over the old ones.

u
unicorn_pony 31.10.21

I remember playing in the late 90s in MOH and Quake2 on a joystick without sticks. It was fierce hardcore.
Especially the boss from Quake 2. At the time, he seemed like nothing to me, on a par with the bosses from MGS : happycry:. Modified January 5, 2012 by unicorn_pony

P
Petuhito 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Maximus' timestamp = '1325754025' post = '2452538'] Ololodfaggers nerds are always so good lol. What the genre was, it has remained so. [/ Quote]
10 years ago, the game encouraged jumping, wild killing spree and other epilepsy. Today, jokers are encouraging the distribution of cartridges, camping, distributing of cartridges and camping.
In 10 years I foreshadow the popularity of the turn-based shooter genre.

a
alxp90 31.10.21

[b] [member = Petuhito] [/ b], it's just that the military hasn't been consulted before.

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Hitm0n' timestamp = '1325793936' post = '2453668'] [b] [member = Bladef1st] [/ b], code yes, spectacularly beautiful, but single - for 1 time.
but the first parts of the doom, duke, quake and others I went through dozens of times,
especially the first quake - this is something. There was something exciting about them [/ quote] I sometimes replay coca for fun, although, of course, I replayed old school shooters dozens of times, and I still sometimes run some levels of doom2 on an ultra-violet with a chainsaw. It's fun.

A
AsterLixs 31.10.21

It seems to me that you need to play this and that. Sechas are also doing good and atmospheric shooters.

r
rivezico 31.10.21

Old school tears new school even though the topic is funny PPC
Best fps ever:

Single:

1) HL 1
2) doom2
3) unreal
4) quake 2
5) hl2

Mult:

1) cs
1) quake 3
1) ut
2) ololo field

V
Vincent 31.10.21

quake 2
king of shooters
both single and multi

U
UnreaL 31.10.21

Halo - shuterny the best series of all time

will not choose between the old and new school, I still do not so much play in the Jester

r
rivezico 31.10.21

Vincent is too bearded you are only 19 hello boy

q
qdash 31.10.21

Old school, of course. The problem is that absolutely nothing came to replace Doom 2, Quake 1,2,3 and UT'99. After all, it was possible to develop the theme with high quality and taste, but as it turned out, all People Can Fly did not have eggs, and Epic and id were flirting with the console. UT 2K3-2K4 was also a good segment of the shooter genre's existence. But instead of gaining a foothold, as Bungie did, Epic decided that console experimentation was vital. The design that Gears Of War contains could be an excellent basis for a new shooter. IMHO. I would love to switch to some kind of Star Craft 2 from the shooter genre, but there is none. Therefore, once again disappointed in all sorts of Battlefields and CoDs, he returned to the browser Quake 3. It's better to spend a couple of hours in Skyrim or even some Saints Row 3,

In general, no one except the owners of Hbox 360 has a chance to play a really cool shooter. Halo, although it cannot be called a dream of a lifetime, but the series still keeps the bar. The rest got all kinds of rubbish, like Crysis 2, Battlefront and other impotent Bulletstorms. Modified January 6, 2012 by -dD-

r
rivezico 31.10.21

Too much unnecessary passion hello

s
sqar 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Azzy' timestamp = '1325793923' post = '2453666']
I wonder what will happen to CS: GO, is it really going to happen? Although I haven't played CS so actively since 1.5 times, and when I tried CS Source, it seemed easier than the old CS.
[/ quote]
If they add auto-id on consoles to go, then this is a feil.

s
stopes 31.10.21

[quote name = 'zico' timestamp = '1325836329' post = '2454100'] 2) doom2 3) unreal 4) quake 2 [/ quote]
first is better
single rather
[s] again, first is better [/ s]

R
RimasG 31.10.21

[b] [member = Rebial] [/ b], I kind of explained everything in the previous post.

[quote] Another big attempt to get a storm in a teapot .... [/ quote]
you think too highly of yourself. Everything I wanted to say has already been said. Then think for yourself.

[Quote] that the interlocutor is a fucking noob [/ quote]
think what you want - I was not originally going to prove something to you. And to the above reasons I will add that there are fewer show-offs and attempts to assert themselves, and then perhaps the conversation will begin. In the meantime, I do not see any sense in this

[quote] In order to play them effectively, you have to understand both the technical side of the issue (sharpening the configuration and macrosing) and the mechanics (rocket jumps / bouncing / wallboarding / chevron checking) [/ quote]
You shouldn't be capturing about rocket jumps, bouncing and so on - I know all about that. Here are just a single, and without all this, it was excellent.

[quote] And it was very cool - there was room to grow, there was something to study, there was something to understand. [/ quote]
Duck, what prevents you from learning something new about games now?

In general, this is my last post in the topic. I don't see any sense in writing the same thing for the third time.
[offtopic] Hmm, I didn't think it would grow into a separate topic [/ offtopic]

q
qdash 31.10.21

[b] [member = Maximus] [/ b], who needs a single in Quake? A funny person.

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 35 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
On PS1 with much more "benefit" it was possible to go through some kind of MoH.

H
Hitm0n 31.10.21

[b] [member = -dD -] [/ b], I
really like to replay, and not only in q1
[b] [member = Dangerous] [/ b], about self-affirmation methods, where are they cheap? Old school shooter nerds are cool, and that's the core of q3's replayability. in the code, it is enough to take the barrel and you are the king. well, or shake the rest more abruptly

P
Paskudation 31.10.21

In fact, shooters have begun to degrade not so long ago, because back in 2006 there were a lot of hardcore shooters. Well, in general, it's sad that everything that was laid into the genre by such significant games as Quake, System Shock, Half-Life, Anril turned into such primitive games, although in theory everything should be the other way around.