3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RimasG 31.10.21 11:52 am

Old school FPS vs New school FPS

[b] [member = Rebial], [/ b]
[quote] It's really impossible to play on the pad in Quake not at the tractor driver's level. [/ quote]
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v = kyfRoRyrwgY [/ media]
and where is tractor driving ?
in the Sonia version of 97, aiming through the crosspiece is impossible, but in the recent port of 2005 it is quite possible - in terms of dynamics it is in no way inferior to the PC version. Only here on the pad to knock out headshots and at the same time carry the shooting on the run is almost impossible for me. Yes, and there is a considerable chance to miss. But this only adds a challenge. ;)
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYc5TC2QwAE&feature=related [/ media]
Oh, and still nothing beats the Sonia's version. Modified January 5, 2012 by Azzy
79 Comments
Sort by:
x
xds 31.10.21

doom 3. half life 2 and farkrai are considered old school? Modified January 6, 2012 by xds

P
Paskudation 31.10.21

[quote name = 'xds' timestamp = '1325856892' post = '2454739'] doom 3. half life 2 and farkrai are considered old school? [/ quote] It
depends on how you understand it. Some people understand old school as the release time, not the gameplay itself. If we understand this by the gameplay of the old school, then with a stretch one could even call Sirius Sam a new or first Bioshock (albeit a little truncated, but purebred System Shock) Modified January 6, 2012 by Agsan

l
lalilulelo 31.10.21

serious sem 3 by the way, in general, ok,
for how many years I don’t remember that in the game I had to rush OT enemies, otherwise they will finish off your remaining 6xp
in MP, I haven’t tried it yet, but the single is pure sam, with hordes of enemies and other things

A
Azzy 31.10.21

[warn] [b] [member = Dangerous] [/ b], warning item 2.3. [/ warn]

r
rivezico 31.10.21

Nolf eh nolf ...

A
ACE 31.10.21

It's funny. over the past time hailo has become an old school

b
baga05 31.10.21

[quote name = 'NaughtyDrake' timestamp = '1335874177' post = '2638010'] [/ quote]
thanks bro:)

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

I have not met a single cool new franchise that would be as driving as the first cool Sam on hard

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'xds' timestamp = '1325856892' post = '2454739'] doom 3. half life 2 and farkrai are considered old school? [/ quote]

I would say that this is the last stronghold ... These are the last games in which The same old gameplay, without regen, shelters, etc. ... And Fara is actually a difficult game on the last difficulty, rushing around for first-aid kits like for a gift sent by God .. Plus don’t say, but the AI ​​in FarKray is always pleasant. regroup, change positions, hide from the sun, do not allow to sit for a long time, throw grenades, shout funny to the player, communicate with each other, sometimes you sit and look through binoculars to listen to what they are talking about ..

S
SoulGrabber 31.10.21

hard reset))
not that direct drive to the ass, but very hardcore and pkshno.

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

[b] [member = SoulGrabber] [/ b], still falls short

R
Retrokun 31.10.21

here I played doom and heretic - yes, it was obscured by a solid action and messy - like diablo - current gear from mobs is not farmed,

but it doesn’t look as stressful as in a peinkiller, for example

A
Alexe lans 31.10.21

Everything is simple, the difference in FPS goals then and today, before it was corridors entangled in many rooms of passageways and other joys (thanks to which it was possible to run for 2 hours on one level) and picking up pieces of a puzzle that opens one or another barrier that prevents you from going further down the level ... And the most difficult Old School FPS is KVAKE 1 (in general, it never seemed to me that games can be difficult, because the complexity is just your Skill and emotions). and the new generation went into a different direction, the narrative. Now, in FPS, all the forces are being thrown into how to present the narration more effectively (I don't see anything wrong with this, but many are not dragged by such a topic) and they use scripts and other joys to the maximum that allow you to get the most out of the game, but then their problems come up - of course, the understanding that by the end of the game they lead you by the handle and all the feeling of hardcoreness dissipates. Previously, we played ourselves and the game did not give us any clues where and how. This is the main difference, and not in a heap of mobs that it was and remained

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 16 minutes 56 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
Today, the ideal difficulty is a game of emotions, the best example of Dead space 2. No seriously! Try to run it on the most difficult thing, the whole point is in 3 seedlings, and the game, frankly speaking, is not a carot. And this is the coolest thing, when you went through the game before this, you know that right now a bunch of creatures will jump out, and you also know that sowing 5-6 hours before this moment, and the cartridge is missing. times more valuable than gameplay Hardcore, Emotional Hardcore and you already start thinking how and what you use all the game's features, for example: there the corpse of a necromorph pulled out a claw, over there is an explosive balloon, over there you can use a fan as a shuriken, etc. You put everything in position, mentally prepare yourself and perform an action so that enemies appear and MAGIC happens and you are scared and adrenaline overwhelmed, and if you die, it’s just euphoria.

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 4 minutes 20 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
PS I wrote from PS3. So I ask the teachers of the Russian language of primary grades, not to shove me pre-crafted dictionaries and not to highlight my typos in bold italics, Aha?

U
UnreaL 31.10.21

[b] [member = Alexe-AVV] [/ b], on ps3 there is no letter "e"?

A
Azzy 31.10.21

[warn] [b] [member = Sharu] [/ b], [b] [member = Alexe-AVV] [/ b], Overextend your horses, next time I'll give you a favor for going personal.
[/ warn]

N
NetSky 31.10.21

The main thing is that people who played at that time and were able to play those shooters themselves, know 100% how and how current shooters differ from modern ones, I would say earlier the fan factor and immersion were better, plus the shooters themselves, in addition to the complexity, were difficult in terms of passing, because I had to run back and forth through the corridors more than once to turn on something, and sometimes I got confused, plus the shooters of the 90s were quite long to complete, especially when you pass it for the first time, I remember walking for weeks ..

Here I remembered the first SoF, and after all, it was damn cool when I came out .. There you and the epic of the scene, trains, sniper as I remember it was necessary to hit the helicopter pilot in the snout, and now they are pushing it to us as something new and never seen, and we ahah .. Plus Nobody beat SoF for its blatant dismemberment, and this is the Q3 engine !!!! there is OKOKOK ... The weapon is cool, the shotgun bakhal, the machine guns were rattling, the sounds were ice, there was no feeling of water pistols, and the enemies were smart, and those with which balloons could be killed by hitting the tank, but now in 20012 we are shown this as one of the CHIPS of the game that this type of alternative can be killed .. Modified on July 21, 2012 by NetSky

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

I play Duke Nukem 3d, already, as Steam writes, I have played about 4 hours, and so far the interest has not diminished.

For example, the DNF demo got bored in the first seconds of the game.

N
NetSky 31.10.21

how does the grid work there?

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], 

You to me?

N
NetSky 31.10.21

Yes, yes to you) There in the description it is written that supports the grid, just wondering if the coop works on an Internet?