3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Koaan89 31.10.21 12:08 pm

Half-Life 2: Episode One

Well, who has already played?
Share your impressions.
62 Comments
Sort by:
g
gravemaker 31.10.21

Finally, an add-on to one of the best shooters on PC, Half Live 2, came out, and I even managed to go through it.

I think everyone knows that the add-on will be in three parts, so do not count on a full-fledged game. There are only 5 chapters in Episode 1 and each one takes about 30 minutes, in short, to play at one time, in general, it was intended to be, from 3 episodes a full-fledged add-on will just turn out.Everything

starts in the very place where HL2 ended, not surprisingly, but the main character and the girl survived the explosion, and we have to find out what happened next.

The main surprise from the developers is that for most of the episode we would be playing with a gravitational cannon, towards the end they will fire from a pistol and a shotgun, and the rest of the time we will have to pick up objects with a cannon or solve simple riddles.

The graphics have practically not changed (of course), but still a couple of effects have been added, for example, the water has become more beautiful, and some reflections. True, my video does not fully support DX9, but most likely there are no special changes there.

It was disappointing that the developers did not do anything new at all, the weapons are all the same, the levels are the same as in the previous part, and there are not even new enemies, in addition to dum3 it was much better with this.

Of the new, there are only a few cool scripting situations, well, thanks for that, it's done perfectly well.

In general, the addition turned out to be good, but not better than the original, although this is just the beginning, it should be more interesting further.

We are waiting for autumn, and watching the trailer for episode 2
[url = http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v = YOfb-skCR08] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOfb-skCR08 [/ url]

(c) VaaN

K
Koaan89 31.10.21

[b] gravemaker [/ b], did you buy it or download it via steam?

S
SERIAL 31.10.21

Yes, he did not gamble at all, it seems that the copyright is on VaaN

G
Garr1lla 31.10.21

On the 8th we'll play mustache - litsuha comes out

S
SERIAL 31.10.21

30 minutes for one chapter is very short, the plot may not fall correctly :?

O
OGGIS 31.10.21

[quote]
Half Live 2
[/ quote]
Written Half-life2: wink:

g
gravemaker 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tann3r"] [b] gravemaker [/ b], did you buy it or download it via steam? [/ quote] downloaded the hacked one from the net

E
EQA Rif 31.10.21

Wasn't he playing with Provision's homework? : gigi:

Y
YO_360 31.10.21

I'm already downloading from the server, I've downloaded everything, I'll take a look and unsubscribe.

S
Sasha @ FOX 31.10.21

[b] YO_360 [/ b], where are you downloading ???

K
KalbasNICK 31.10.21

On IGN the game was bet 8.5, not Gamespot 8.7.

S
Sasha @ FOX 31.10.21

[quote name = "KalbasNICK"] On IGN 8.5 game set, not Gamespot'e 8.7. [/ quote]

Hence not drawn to itself Half-second ?! : cry:

A
Arkon 31.10.21

It goes without saying that it will not pull. Firstly, the duration is not the same, and secondly, there will not be such a sensation as it was with HL2. And new monsters should be there - Stalkers and Cremators. In theory.

A
ACE 31.10.21

If a game has an average rating above 80%, then you can safely take it. You can look at the estimates, and draw conclusions yourself.

V
Vovan_king 31.10.21

A great addition ... a breeze and the graphics just got better with HDR ...

Y
YO_360 31.10.21

The game is really nice, the graph is good, but ... outdated, but hdr is good, but still somehow sad. 8.5 the assessment is correct
[b] Sasha @ FOX [/ b], I downloaded the server from ftp.

g
gravemaker 31.10.21

YO_360 and what network are you on? Is it not the case of "Matrix"? :)

S
Sinev 31.10.21

Dude, just do not forget to patch the Provision with missing textures and everything will be a bunch, and the game is really good :). The beech worked faster, then I would have bought a litsuha, and so it was merged from the torrent in the LAN faster.

Y
YO_360 31.10.21

[b] gravemaker [/ b], no: razz:

C
CyHDyK 31.10.21

in that patch files for direct x 9 not supporting video cards.