3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman 31.10.21 12:08 pm

Counter-Strike: Source

Out! Has anyone already gambled?
124 Comments
Sort by:
M
MeilerSrun 31.10.21

I shake .... Before that, exactly half was flooded, I'll leave the computer on for now.

.. stop-stop .. While I was writing this message from 50% it jumped to 95 and started to swing! :) So maybe I'll play for another five minutes :)

C
Cooller 31.10.21

[b] MeilerSrun [/ b]
[quote] So maybe I'll play for another five minutes [/ quote]
As you play, express your impressions here.
I am very interested in this game, tk. I am a lover of network games. :)

S
Strange 31.10.21

Hmm, I don’t think that it is much different from the beta, but judging by the game in beta - the same Contra only with a new engine - nothing new. People also report a huge number of bugs ... I'm not a fan of CS, so I would be more happy about the news of the release of HL2 ...

M
MeilerSrun 31.10.21

Well, first of all, I'm just finishing it now, the computer didn't work. And what is strange, I connected to Steam the first time - that is, the servers are not so loaded. Before that, there was not enough 10 gigabits of traffic to download the next pack from half. And secondly, I was able to play even when 98% was downloaded :) I played a little on italy. firstly, everything lagged with me due to the fact that interest was still being downloaded along the way and therefore there were often glitches. But what we managed to notice: that Strange is damn right :) The same counter-strike only with beautifully dying people and cool graphics. My favorite maps are not yet available, hopefully they will be available later. What is: aztec; de_dust; de_dust2; italy and something else like. now I will look more seriously :)

T
Tyler durden 31.10.21

Counter-Strike: Source due in a week?
The Valve folks decided that since they were not allowed to release Half-Life 2, they should spit and try to sell something else. Counter-Strike: Source, for example. In general, it looks like it will be possible to buy it through Steam in a week, if, of course, no publishers wake up and go to court again to complain.
The head of Valve, Gabe Newell, told the world about this, at the same time detailing in which options it would be possible to buy HL2. It turns out that it will be possible to download it in three incarnations:
• bronze (HL2, CS: Source)
• silver (HL2, CS: Source, HL1: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, catalog of everything that can be downloaded from Valve servers)
• gold (HL2, CS: Source, HL1: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, catalog of everything that can be downloaded from Valve servers, plus you must send a complete walkthrough of the game, 3 HL2 posters, baseball cap, stickers, soundtrack CD, and you will also have a chance to win a trip to Valve's office)
Edition on boxes will be less tasty: either 6 CDs with HL2 and CS: Source, or 1 DVD with HL2, CS: Source, HL1: Source, T-shirt and walkthrough.
Valve is behaving, at least, strange: its showdown with VU Games about the rights to distribute Half-Life 2 is not over yet, and it is not even clear whether the game will be on sale this year, but PC Gamer is reviewing HL2, and a detailed description appears on the network of how and in what versions the game can be purchased / downloaded. Unclear...

M
MeilerSrun 31.10.21

Mmmm. fresh infa! : gigi:

Played some more. I liked it :) And it doesn't lag all the same, only once for some reason. Yes, I play at P4 2.53; 512mb; Radeon 9600xt (thanks to her double :)). So, the settings are all at max, anti-aliasing 4x, trilin. filtering and produces about 40 frames per second. and the graphics ..... mmm ... doom three goes through the forest

S
Segal 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tyler Durden"] Counter-Strike: Source will be released in a week? [/ quote] He's already out, everyone is playing!

T
Tyler durden 31.10.21

So I bought a game and immediately a video card (damn well, I gave 17000 for a video card (GeForce 6800U), but now I can play the most toys for 10 years without fear.

M
MeilerSrun 31.10.21

Selling already? Oh well.

s
someth1ng 31.10.21

it will be necessary to grope the shops)) ... not that I will spire into it, but I need to remember the combat past of the cybersportsman))))

but about 10 years of a life without grades))) ... I sincerely wish you carefree to hold out for TWO years))

T
Tolya 31.10.21

What kind of water. And what kind of water should you use? here

s
someth1ng 31.10.21

and in Russian? )))

V
Vitaly Vorobyov 31.10.21

I’m in the wrong thread, run the post :)
In general, I didn’t like CS Source.
The only change is the graphics.
But, the same old bugs, glitches, for example, throwing weapons through glass.
Fashionable physics is not used at all, except to shoot down barrels, it is not at all clear why they were made in the game.
And the damage model leaves much to be desired, for example, a shot from a Glock to the temple leaves more than 10% of life (without armor).

R
Raipper 31.10.21

[quote name = "Vitaly Vorobyov"] And the damage model leaves much to be desired, for example, a shot from a Glock to the temple leaves more than 10% of life (without armor). [/ quote] The

real damage model is not for Contra :)

V
Vitaly Vorobyov 31.10.21

[quote name = "Raipper"] The real damage model is not for Contra :) [/ quote]
In this case, for a quake: D

A
Amber 31.10.21

I played - I liked it. Especially when compared with the usual counter. Although the same, but in fact is already new :)

V
Vitaly Vorobyov 31.10.21

Even in CS 1.6 we made more changes :)
It would be better if this physics were not introduced.
For example, when a hostage with glasses is shot in the eye, the glasses will not break, and the hostage will run further :)
Also, the hostages completely ignore the "flash drives" :)

A
Amber 31.10.21

[quote name = "Vitaly Vorobyov"]
Also, hostages completely ignore "flash drives" :) [/ quote]

Advanced hostage immunity: rotfl:
And it only hinders terrorists :)

C
Count_Zero 31.10.21

My computer is a little more powerful than that of MeilerSrun. This means that I will have 50-60 fps stably! It seems to me that it is much cheaper to order a licensed disc from some foreign Internet store than to download and pay for it. I have a friend of mine who is trying to download for the third time - there is a bummer, everything is buggy!

A
Amber 31.10.21

[b] Count_Zero [/ b]

And I downloaded it and everything is fine :)
It's good that I downloaded the broken archive, otherwise it could have broken off too - one volume still glitched: mrgreen: