3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
06.11.21 06:38 pm

Quake 3

Dear Quakers, I want to play Quake3 arena with a modem on a modem [a second computer in the same city], I use a remote server, when I connect, I write connect to ip 192.0.0.1, then I go to the menu [I type / connect 192.0.0.1 the same tops] and the server sees a connection to it, version Q3 on the 1st and 2nd computers 1.11: roll:

35 Comments
Sort by:
D
Defi 06.11.21

how to connect in Quake3 by modem together : uzi:

o
oleg007 06.11.21

You need to create a connection via Windows, for this one computer needs to be made a server (there is such a setting in the "remote access" folder), and the others should be connected to them as to the Internet (standard dial-up in "remote access"). It must be remembered that the same "working group" and IP settings are set. After completing the connection in Kwake, you need to select the game over the direct cable (LAN). If done correctly, it should work.

i
iceman 06.11.21

You need to create a connection via Windows, for this one computer needs to be made a server (there is such a setting in the "remote access" folder), and the others should be connected to them as to the Internet (standard dial-up in "remote access"). It must be remembered that the same "working group" and IP settings are set. After completing the connection in Kwake, you need to select the game over the direct cable (LAN). If done correctly, it should work.

A little more details ...

After connecting, both climb into Kwaku. One of you is creating a server ... The other is waiting. Sometimes it happens that after scanning, the server is not found. Then the client writes / connect in the console and the IP address of his friend, who will certainly tell him before the game. eight)

o
oleg007 06.11.21

A little more details ...

After connecting, both climb into Kwaku. One of you is creating a server ... The other is waiting. Sometimes it happens that after scanning, the server is not found. Then the client writes / connect in the console and the IP address of his friend, who will certainly tell him before the game. eight)

In fact, there are much more details, only if it is not enough to list them all. The main thing is trial and error and patience. The most difficult thing is to create a high-quality connection via Windows, and even with our phone line quality, the rest will turn out along the way (albeit not the first time): lamer:.

D
Defi 06.11.21

How to find out the IP of your friend's computer in order to connect via modem in Quake3? : uzi:

i
iceman 06.11.21

So he will tell you himself.

Both climb Start - Settings - Control Panel - Network. In the list, select TCP / IP, click on Properties. Then "Specify IP address"

For example, your friend writes 192.168.0.2 and the mask 255.255.255.0, and you write 192.168.0.3 and the same mask.

And then all the same actions as described in another topic (Q3 via modem, sort of). eight)

M
Mercykiller 06.11.21

Iceman, too difficult ... Defi, to find out the IP click Start-> Run-> and enter: winipcfg, and if you have XP, then just right-click on the connection icon on the taskbar. : wink:

M
Moroz 06.11.21

[color = green] Are there q3 fathers here? : lamer:: lol:: upto: [/ color]

A
Amber 06.11.21

[quote name = "Moroz"] [color = green] Are there q3 fathers here? : lamer:: lol:: upto: [/ color] [/ quote]
What do you mean by fathers?

M
Moroz 06.11.21

[quote name = "Amber"] [quote name = "Moroz"] [color = green] Are there q3 fathers here? : lamer:: lol:: upto: [/ color] [/ quote]
What do you mean by fathers? [/ quote]
[color = green] By fathers I mean those who play q3 very well [/ color]: fight :

A
Amber 06.11.21

[b] Moroz [/ b]
Are you one of them yourself? : gigi:
In principle, I play it well, but I think that it is not on the highest standard (although for this you have to fight with the "father" and find out: rotfl :)

V
Vitaly Vorobyov 06.11.21

I went to all sorts of championships and competitions for a very long time, won first places, and then dropped out.
Usually there are a lot of dads on well-known servers.

n
nTrophy 06.11.21

Was it. For a long time. More than two years ago.

R
Raipper 06.11.21

Likewise. Now gave way to a new generation :).

M
Moroz 06.11.21

[quote name = "Amber"] [b] Moroz [/ b]
Are you one of them yourself? : gigi:
In principle, I play it well, but I think that it is not on the highest standard (although for this you have to fight with the "father" and find out: rotfl :) [/ quote]
[quote] In principle, I play it well [ / quote] [color = green] It's a good loose concept [/ color]: lol: [quote] Are you one of them yourself? [/ quote]
[color = green] I'm certainly not one of them, but I somehow once fought with one of them: wink: what happened to me I will not tell: maniac:
Ps: Can we fight as a thread? [/ color]

[quote] I've been going to all sorts of championships and competitions for a long time, winning first places [/ quote] [color = green] Winning first places does not mean playing well, for example, I also sometimes go to all sorts of champions, and sometimes I also take first places :) It depends on which champions, and which players are on these champions: upto: [/ color]

D
Devastator 06.11.21

Fathers ... Hmm ... I don’t know, it was a long time ago and on ku2, they also got champagne, it seems not bad. Ku3 did not accept - pop, IMHO, so there is no need to dispute.

I
Inek 06.11.21

[quote name = "Moroz"] [color = green] Are there q3 fathers here? : lamer:: lol:: upto: [/ color] [/ quote]
No)): upto:

D
Devastator 06.11.21

[quote name = "Inek"] No)): upto: [/ quote]
Yeah, actually, supposedly, "father". : D

I
Inek 06.11.21

[quote name = "Devastator"] [quote name = "Inek"] No)): upto: [/ quote]
Yeah, actually, supposedly, "father". : D [/ quote]
I can do a lot of things in Quake, but I never was a father of Quake 3 Arena, I just said that there are no fathers here)): razz:

[size = 75] Added on Nov 24, 2004, 5:33 am: [/ size]

[quote name = "Devastator"] [quote name = "Inek"] No)): upto: [/ quote]
Yeah, actually, supposedly, "father". : D [/ quote]
I hope everything is clear to you? : fight:

M
Moroz 06.11.21

[quote name = "Inek"] [quote name = "Moroz"] [color = green] Are there q3 fathers here? : lamer:: lol:: upto: [/ color] [/ quote]
No)): upto: [/ quote]
[color = green] Yeah [/ color]: mrgreen:: lamer: :-D