3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexandr scaletta 09.11.21 07:49 pm

Portable games

(If you can ask that) Have you heard: are there portable versions of the Sims games? Older than the first. And is it possible in general to make the game from this series work from removable media?

In general, what kind of portable game would you carry with you? :)
11 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jc jensen 09.11.21

I have san andreas, who, the second fall, baldurs gate, they are on the phone, I just didn’t start anything, I just have it and it warms my soul

A
Alexandr scaletta 09.11.21

SampleText
Yes, it's nice to hear the names: Z

But, nevertheless, I was interested in the topic of portable games, if they are still alive in our time: D

J
Jc jensen 09.11.21

Alexandr Scaletta
well, how would they be pure portable, I carry them with me

A
Alexator 09.11.21

What is portable

r
rPeBoJL 09.11.21

Alexator wrote:
What is portable
and cheble? hard to google?

A
Alxmo 09.11.21

In general, I don't know for sure about Sims older than 1, but it seems like a portable version is not so difficult. Although, as far as I remember, there are a lot of all sorts of different additions, which are all put separately and possibly make their own entries in the registry. Such a stupid question - did you just try to drop the folder with the game onto a USB flash drive and run it from there?
I myself keep a large collection of both games and installers, for the most memorable things, on the lecturer)

A
Alexator 09.11.21

rPeBoJL
I Yandex. there was some kind of advertisement. So?

A
Alexandr scaletta 09.11.21

Alexator
Programs / games that do not require installation, but are launched straight from the

Alxmo media
In fact, yes, after an hour and a half of searching, I decided this very idea and try it) Simply the most important (why portable, and not take the installation file with me) - lack of administrator rights on the target computer ^ - ^

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

I do not know how with the 4th, but the third grunted exo-ho-ho, if installed, should probably work from the call to the ex. the truth is, you will have to manually transfer all the saves after the game from one pitch to another and settings.
or resort to redirecting the folder to the cloud storage and take only a removable hard drive with you.

and under portable, I mean a game that starts from one file and carries all the libraries with it, regardless of what is installed in the pitch. what is the minus. - to launch this, the entire exe will be loaded into the operative and run from there. lope nada gigs? correct for modern games from 64 to 128.

G
GTAman 09.11.21

Alexandr Scaletta
Programs / games that do not require installation, but are launched directly from the media
I would add one more point to this - they do not require the installation of additional software, which may well not be on someone else's computer. And then somehow I ran into a "portable" Aytyuns, which demanded some kind of gadget that could not be installed without administrator rights, although the portable Aytyuns was needed precisely because the usual one was not installed without administrator rights.

s
sundyray 09.11.21

Many old games work like this, il2 for example