3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
neinoneon 06.11.19 04:12 pm

Replacing a hard drive

Good afternoon. Question: planning a hard drive replacement. On one of the sections of the old installed games and a couple programs. If I clone this partition to the new drive acronicta and assign the same letter, how it will react to wind (it's on a separate drive)? Or will have to reinstall all installed on the old drive?
17 Comments
Sort by:
f
furcl 06.11.19

Well firstly what I have encountered with copying installed programs and games, they still had to reinstall.
And secondly, if a dozen, then it is OneDrive. Quite a handy thing, he recently cleaned the system, were demolished Windu before РДР2. Something he threw in there after you install Windows appeared there where it was.

S
Subaru MotorSports 06.11.19

neinoneon
Most of the games will work, you will have problems if the game needs data from the registry, some will change the language of the letter does not matter.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 06.11.19

Information about installed software is the registry. In theory, you could transplant the bushes of the old registry to the new, but not the fact that it does not cause a conflict. So I had to throw on the same branch, but it is still necessary to know which branches have a program recorded. And gemorno. Easier and faster to reinstall everything.

n
neinoneon 06.11.19

Sanchez Ramirez
Clarify: the Windows on another physical disk, touch her not expect. The question is whether postponed games vosprinimatsya the Windows registry and see the settings of the C drive.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 06.11.19

The Windows, which is on a different drive, your registry. If you clone a partition from an old screw on new, then Windows on the new do not realize that there are programs/games, because in its registry and such accounts there. Maybe something to work, but this is unlikely and it is necessary to verify in practice - to talk about it makes no sense.

Generally, if the reinstall is the problem, why not make a full clone of the old drive to the new one?

D
Denis Kyokushin 06.11.19

neinoneon
A lot of games?

n
neinoneon 06.11.19

Sanchez Ramirez
Again: Windows is installed on a separate ssd. Games installed on the hdd. I'm changing the HDD for a new one, sticking to it by acronicta clone the old hdd. After that the old hdd is removed, and the partition of the new HDD is assigned to letter an old. Will there be a Windows (don't reset/clone and did not be changed) to take game with the new HDD as if nothing has changed?

Denis Kyokushin
Not really, but swing again for a long time.

l
legusor 06.11.19

now a lot of programs that copy the partition or system on the new screw. I personally use aomei backupper. in real time directly from-under a running Windows to quickly make a copy of the system, not the partition, so as not to occupy much space or a copy of the occupied space of any other drive. then just put the same Windows or the boot loader on the screw-the recipient and restore the system in the exact form in which you had it. you can even move from ssd to hdd and Vice versa and any iron any iron without subsequent conflicts; in this case, after migration will only reinstall the drivers for the new hardware. no problems with the registers, by renaming sections, by preactivating Windows and applications, no conflicts.

D
Denis Kyokushin 06.11.19

neinoneon
The idea is good.I have never tried Acronis.The most curious result.If possible,please accomplish your goal.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 06.11.19

neinoneon wrote:
Will there be a Windows (don't reset/clone and did not be changed) to take game with the new HDD as if nothing has changed?
I have already answered this question. Windows on SSD games on the new screw will not be perceived, because it is the registry has no mention of this. And so will they (games) to work or not depends on the games themselves. But in the list of installed programs, they will not be displayed, because for the system it will be a bunch of files.

By the way, even some of the portable programs create registry entries to save your settings.

P
Patrick Star Online 06.11.19

Sanchez Ramirez wrote:
Windows on SSD games on the new screw will not be perceived, because it is the registry has no mention of this.
As well as not written to verify the disks on which the software is installed. The registry that in fact all remains on SSD.
Any license or 1s online activation can go.
When cloning a 1-to-1 with subsequent replacement problems for games should arise.

S
SemyStall 06.11.19

neinoneon
Use AOMEI Backupper Professional Trial. No problems with the transfer. The Windows registry and sees everything, nothing to reinstall. Himself so with HDD on SSD tossed Windu with prog. Then only the drive letter will change if you need it.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 06.11.19

Patrick Star Online
I thought he had on the old HDD is Windows and he wants to move installed Windows to the old program to the new (which is already on SSD). Anyway from the original post is an opinion formed. Then as if the problems shouldn't be any, especially if the drive path is the same to leave...

S
SPR1GGAN 06.11.19

neinoneon
nothing dominates ,it will work
the client has a registry for errors on the old disk is ,zapustit exe of the game and all picked up
the only thing that can perebratsya new korennye to specify folders to steam and origin ,and not the fact ,klonirovanie DSK can take as old

f
furcl 06.11.19

SPR1GGAN wrote:
registry for errors on the old disk is
Yes? How interesting. And where is it, can you elaborate?

c
callmegod 06.11.19

Games with 50\50. With prog 40\60, that do not work. Yes, actually, then a lot must be input. With mitsuhama - trouble more. There is in addition to, a label, a lot of bindings. Prog, too, are different. Some deeply ingrained in the system, and some AIDA64 stupid from any folder works.

n
neinoneon 06.11.19

Tack, the transfer successfully took place. Windows immediately after moving pleased Bodom, but after second reboot it worked. Problems have arisen only with one game, but those because I'm cross-eyed, mixed up the letters of the sections and tried to start it. Start it starts, but after setting the correct letters lost working file. The rest of the game and the program successfully earned.