3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ANARCH 10.11.21 03:37 pm

Rebel game (Medieval 2: Total War)

I experimented with time (changed the start and end dates, the course of the years in 1 move) and saw such a thing. In the descr_strat file (Medieval 2 Total War data world maps campaign imperial_campaign lies) at the very beginning there is a list of factions that are available from the beginning of the game or after passing the main campaign, as well as those that are completely closed. In the nonplayable parameter, the list of completely inaccessible factions (Mongols, Timurids, Papal States, Aztecs and rebels (slaves)), select any of them and transfer them to the playable parameter. Voila, we play for the papal region, the Aztecs and the rebels (I have not tried the Mongols and Timurids). Minus the game for the rebels is absolutely not enough money. It always goes negative. But there are no uprisings in the cities of the insurgent, so we take the army of the cities into battle. Who will try to share your impressions.
20 Comments
Sort by:
m
migraine 10.11.21

but for the Mongols and Timurids it will not work.

A
ANARCH 10.11.21

Most likely. After all, they appear later. By the way, the rebels behave like a real go-in (if you don't play for nah).

T
TOM85 10.11.21

yes, I saw the folder, changed it, inserted it. !! but the year shows 1 n.e. ???? I will try to hunt for Mongols, rebels and even for dad .. !!

D
DarkPhoenix994 10.11.21

1. You cannot play for the Aztecs. It is necessary to set mod
2. You cannot play for the Mongols and Timurids either: you MUST install mod
3. You can only play for the Pope and the Rebel
4. To avoid a minus in the balance, you need to put more money and disband unnecessary troops !!!

c
cataphract_an 10.11.21

Kharakhordinov Vladislav
here on the forum there is a description of how to play for unavailable factions. you can play for the Mongols and for Timur and the Aztecs.

D
DenKuz 10.11.21

I didn’t like playing for the rebels, I’ll explain why:
• Money always goes to a minus, no matter how you try;
• Half of the cities go to enemies (to all powers inhabiting the map);
• From the very beginning, everyone wants to kill you.
• If defeated, all troops die without retreat.

But there are also good sides:
• In cities, revolts are impossible, because you yourself are a rebel;
• Troops appear randomly, that is, they do not need to be hired at all, but rather weak;
• They were very impressed by their official religion: heresy;
• Heretics and Witches also appear randomly.

S
ShamomahS 10.11.21

Another disadvantage is this:
After the loss, the army scatters, and does not retreat
The rebels have weak morale in battle

D
DenKuz 10.11.21

VoRoN_IlNaR
By the way, yes, I forgot to write it down. Armies often spawn from rebels, but with a completely painted army, there can be only 1-2 units of knights. Yes, this and that, if you're lucky ...

S
ShamomahS 10.11.21

To DenKuz
When I played for the rebels, I tried to destroy the faction so that it would have armies, because they then become rebellious. Here there may be the norms of the troops.

D
DenKuz 10.11.21

When I played for the rebels, I tried to destroy the faction so that it would have armies, because they then become rebellious. Here there may be the norms of the troops.
With countries with small territories, this is unlikely to work, because during the assault, they all draw together their forces to protect the besieged city. The most disappointing thing about the rebels is that: at the beginning of a career, the standard 5000 money is given. On the next turn, half of my settlements are under siege, and my finances went to -40,000 ...

S
ShamomahS 10.11.21

To DenKuz
Well, that's understandable why. You do not bargain with anyone, only with yourself, and this is not so much and brings profits, there are too many armies, but they need to be fed, etc.

S
St-Teodor 10.11.21

And for me, when you make the rebels playable, and you DO NOT play for the rebels, they are neutral to everyone at the start, and their settlements are completely empty, without warriors

S
ShamomahS 10.11.21

To St-Teodor
You mean in the file "descr_strat" ​​you did the business.

v
vankakhrom 10.11.21

and my rebels fly out on move 50

H
Heliodor 10.11.21

Usually by turn thirty, I lose all my settlements, except for the American villages and the easternmost rebellious village in North Africa, it is not available at all. Only after the discovery of the New World does this part of the strata open. cards.

S
ShamomahS 10.11.21

The rebels are immortal, like the Papal States, they will always be.

a
aleks_ksm 10.11.21

DarkPhoenix994 you are wrong to play as the Mongols and Tmurids in the original game, you just need to wait for the faction to appear or adjust the descent start.

v
venzel_oniks 10.11.21

ShamomahS
Regarding the Papal States. Even if you capture Rome, take all the lands from the Pope, you will still be thrown somewhere. Although I remember that when Papushka loses all the lands and dies, he appears where the pretending cardinal to the post of Pope walks. For example, he cut the Pope in Italy, and if he no longer has lands anywhere, then he appeared in Africa (where the Sicilian cardinal moved) and so on. So, the Pope has 12 cardinals, but if you cut them all in one move (this is possible if you capture more than half of the world), you can also cut all the priests with level 5, then you can kill Papushka :)). Gotta experiment, heh

ЭLinoS 10.11.21

Please tell me how to open the rebels in single battles.

G
GivIGaL 10.11.21

and how you can pump witches and heretics, and how they can be saved from execution for heresy. The Imam tried to hide them in the army and cities and caught them.