3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Al-106 10.11.21 04:27 pm

[Xbox One] (Quantum Break) Impression

I played for about 2 hours, what I can say, the graphics are just excellent, I have not seen anything more beautiful in games yet, cool lighting, cool effects, cool details, cool colors, tons of polygons, the level design is just gorgeous. The shootings were very pleasing, it was interesting to shoot (it might get bored later), the sounds of abilities, shots are luxurious, I don’t know about the resolution, it feels like it’s more than 720p (YouTube washed, everything is always awful with the bitrate there), most likely 792p-900p (dynamic resolution), everything looks very clean and clear, the eye rejoices and does not require more, I did not notice the friezes, the plot was very impressive at first, from the minuses I will note the jerky movements of the characters in the cut scenes (perhaps a bug and most likely will be fixed with patches), in general and in general, Remedy really put their heart into it, you just can't take your eyes off, Of course, I don’t rate it, because the game did not pass, but most often my score coincides with the metacritic score, the main disadvantage for me, as they managed to assure this, is the short duration, I like long games. In general, some such first impressions, exotic types of weapons would not hurt the game.
PS Write your impressions, although of course few people will buy the Xbox One version, they gave the code for Alan Wake with the disc, there is a reason to re-run it again for backward compatibility, once bought an xbox 360 for it.
5 Comments
Sort by:
B
Ben121212 10.11.21

Al-106
Well, in general, I have the same impressions, I played for 1.5 hours, but only 7 hours for the passage is not a minus for me), I play a little and these 7 hours will be enough for me for a week or more).
I myself am waiting for the key to be given to the PC version, I want to drive the norms on the PC, although they say that there is no optimization, but still you need to check it yourself, especially since the graphon can not be twisted to the max.

A
Al-106 10.11.21

Ben121212
Well, yes, it will be even more beautiful on a PC.
I also forgot to note that the game uses the physics engine Havok, physics of bodies and ragdoll are very delivery, just like in the good old days.
I made some screenshots.

Spoiler

C
Co-pilot Drinkins 10.11.21

There is absolutely nothing excellent in the graphics. In "The Last of Us" on ps3 there was such a schedule. ... But, the game itself is interesting.

Most of all I do not like in such games that I have to look for diaries in which something interesting is written. And if you need to look for these diaries, then you can not find everything. That is, you can skip something interesting. The metro also has such a problem.

S
SilVeRoman 10.11.21

Fans of Max Payne have been waiting for Quantum Break for a long time, because shootouts and manipulation of time, and even with a third-person view, can bribe many.
I must say right away that I am not one of them. I have not passed a single "Max", and until recently I did not know about his "kinship" connection with Alan Wake. But I certainly liked Quantum Break.
First of all, about his strongest side - the plot. QB is not just a game, but a whole sci-fi epic. I will not say that the developers have come up with a cool idea to combine the game and the series - you have heard enough of this in the pre-release reviews. I will say that the concept is excellent and does not let you get tired of the game, and watching the episode is a great reason to take a break for a "sweet couple" or a cup of coffee.
The plot is presented to us on behalf of the main character - Jack Joyce, who, after the events of the game, talks with representatives of the "Monarch" (a powerful evil corporation, which, as always, is behind all the troubles) and recalls, in fact, how it all began. And as he narrates, we understand that not everything that happens is as simple as it seems. The story goes smoothly, but at the end of each chapter, another plot twist awaits us, which forces us to ask ourselves "What will happen next", "Will everything go according to our hero's plan?"
If you are a fan of everything related to time travel, books, TV shows, films, then you will love the game. The local concept of time travel is built on one simple truth - the past is invariable, and if something happened, then nothing can be changed. But the future is a different story and you will learn it if you go through the game to the end.
The gameplay is outrageous. We explore the locations, following the prompts, bump into crowds of enemies, effectively and with pleasure deal with them with the help of time manipulation and firearms, we stumble upon a cut-scene and all over again. The battles seemed to me simple (although it might be more interesting on the "heavy" one.) The environment is moderately destructible. In hiding places, you cannot be completely sure. If it does not make a hole after the next turn, then the enemy is smart enough to toss you a grenade or two. Some enemies will learn to avoid your abilities, others will even block. But you can still cope with them. And sometimes it is even easier than we would like to do it. Personally, I didn't like how the death of the character is implemented here. Agree - the red screen and darker look corny outdated, and if you fall outside the boundaries of the location, death is not felt at all. It would be much more spectacular if the checkpoint loading was tied to the abilities: Here you have just been pierced by a bullet, you died and right there before your very eyes time began to reel back to the checkpoint. Although this is my personal opinion.
If it happened that the game did not have localization, most of the game tips could be translated as: "Follow the yellow arrow", "Kill all the enemies so that the yellow arrow appears again", "Find the yellow arrow", etc. ... But QB is where localization turns a game into an interactive movie. And you will not rest until you know the denouement.
The plot is perfectly complemented by various collectible objects that are required reading if you want to delve into the story. If you skip all the documents, then your impressions will spoil, and your score of the game will involuntarily decrease.
As a result, I recommend the game for passing, and you will have to complete it at least twice. Fans of science fiction - I guarantee a lot of fun, fans of Max Payne will also have something to do (by the way, references to him and Alan Wake meet regularly, lovers of Easter eggs will appreciate it).
For those who start complaining about graphics and pictures, resolution, and so on, I will say that it does not matter here. The picture is just that good. how long it takes to tell this wonderful story.

J
JkMax 10.11.21

SilVeRoman
I liked the idea of rewinding time after death)