3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 10.11.21 05:52 pm

What would become of people if they lost their fear?

People are on the rampage and get drunk behind the wheel. Diving from bridges. Are there few examples of people losing their fear long ago?
Nothing stops them. Neither God nor the instinct of self-preservation, nor other people's lives. Not to mention our own. On the one hand, if you lose fear, you have to turn on the mind and calculate the risk where an ordinary person has enough instinct. On the other hand, the instinct is imperfect: fear can paralyze a person .. If people lost their fear, It would be a monster in truth. As sad as it would be to realize, but we are the most terrible creature on the planet. Of course, there would be people who did not seek to harm anyone, but in the end they would not be. Unadapted individuals die, the strongest and fittest survive. Darwin's theory. I hope I'm wrong. Fear is given to a person as a regulator of self-preservation, as a protection against actions that harm a person, and as a means of avoiding dangerous situations. Therefore, accordingly, fearless people would most likely never think they were mortal, and nothing would stop them from taking risks. People would turn into evil, heartless creatures! Crime would rise instantly! The world would go into chaos, complete chaos! )) So what would become of people if they lost their fear?
36 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mk-LI 10.11.21

They would have died out, and very quickly ...

A
Aips95 10.11.21

Have died or killed each other. Fear holds back everything. From stupid actions, sometimes from fights, from crimes. Fear is a damn useful thing. Yes, there are "failures" and fear appears where it is not needed, but without it it is impossible.

T
Tiger goose 10.11.21

“It is difficult to demand from a person that he be free from fears. Fears play no less important role in the human psyche than all other emotional states. A psyche devoid of fear would be a flawed psyche. Lame. "

m
masha 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS - wrote:
What would happen to people if they lost their fear?
There is such a disease, I do not remember the name. There was a TV program about such a person.

S
SАLEM 10.11.21

Poccia wrote:
There is such a disease, I do not remember the name. There was a TV program about such a person.
These are the Consequences of a lobotomy "I don't remember anything, I'm not afraid of anything .." joke)) the disease is called Urbach-Vite Disease .. For example, autists do not have a sense of fear in our understanding: they are not afraid of heights, they have no sense of the edge, they can calmly walk along a busy highway. And they have other fears that we do not understand.

k
krakaziabra 10.11.21

Of course, I understand everything, but I do not understand where the connection is between immoral behavior, which is instilled by the society in which a person exists, and fear from a purely physiological point of view, as a process of the organism. Looks like the classic practice of the sophists in the substitution of concepts.

m
masha 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS - wrote:
people have long lost their fear
People have not lost fear, people just do not understand that they are living people. Don't understand the consequences.

B
BioGen 10.11.21

There would be no people, fear is an integral part of the human psyche.

D
DeathColdUA 10.11.21

Well, in fact, people would have died out, because they would not be afraid of anything and would have killed each other over trifles. Therefore, yes, fear is like a control regulator, it works where it is needed, well, where it is not needed, but without it in any way. There are really people who have lost fear, for example, I have met such people in my entire life, but I did not pay much attention to them, and one such person whom I knew made up his face in the hospital, and all because he was blown away for poking his nose somewhere necessary. Now, for the rest of his life, a person will be disabled, and pity the fool, but what can you do if he only got fear when he was stifled.

m
mangelo 10.11.21

Everyone would be killed, and others would be killed. But how quiet it would be on the planet ...

E
Egik81 10.11.21

We would become extinct as a species. It's just as if the feeling of pain disappeared ...

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

if they lost their fear

r
requiemmm 10.11.21

Not the fact that something really bad would have happened. Most of the collectives will cease to exist altogether, since they are held solely by fear. Starting from the state and further down to families. In our country, everything is built on fear, everything in general. It is not the one who knows how to drive, but the one who has more boogies with trunks. It is not the one who knows a lot who teaches, but the one who has not been taken anywhere except for the ped, therefore, parrot repetition and zero efficiency as a result are held in high esteem in his lessons. The one who does not give a shit about the law keeps order, the gray does not eat gray. And from the cradle they bring up a bunch of fears and a sense of guilt)))
There is always a way out, but if in general: To die as a man, or to live as cattle?) The instinct of self-preservation is not always right, you know. Sometimes he interferes with making the only correct choice, crossing out in general everything that was done by the individual earlier.

A
AR3E 10.11.21

Bredyatina.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

lived without fear and died without fear.
finally, fear is like a secondary product, it arises in order to quickly get rid of tyrannical rash or alphacef. but where is the mechanism for the emergence of fear, mk, in a potson, it can arise without a reason existing at the moment. so it's hard to say. then fear is very closely associated with pain. in fact, all that a person does is not to earn more.
by and large, a person's intellectual cognitive ability is strong, so most likely he would not die. that is, of course, in some situation, he could not make some mistakes, but he would happily make in other situations. you can, for example, compare how people play games. the more difficult the game is and the easier it is to lose the gameplay, the more accurately and tensely the game is played, the easier it is - no. but this does not mean that he plays more effectively or not. here everything rests on concentration of attention and a person cannot be in such good shape for a long time. therefore, it is unlikely that the tough space marines have come out of the fearless pozones.

V
Vanya Rygalov 10.11.21

requiemmm wrote:
It is not the one who knows a lot who teaches, but the one who has not been taken anywhere except for a pedagogue ...
Hopelessness?

V
Vaipen 10.11.21

Fear and self-preservation instinct are slightly different things. The instinct tells you "Don't put your hand in the meat grinder, or it will fuck off your finger" or "Don't go out into the store through the window, or you will break into fluff." And fear makes you sometimes afraid in a full of normal things "Like aa there is a mouse, you have to dump." Or "Ah, this is a spider, a spider, a SPIDER."

7Rain7 10.11.21

If I lost the fuck, I would probably die.

J
John Smith_18_ 10.11.21

House would come in the world, wars and people lived in post-apocalypse

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

John Smith_18_ wrote:
There would be a house in the world
Spoiler