3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 10.11.21 05:52 pm

What would become of people if they lost their fear?

People are on the rampage and get drunk behind the wheel. Diving from bridges. Are there few examples of people losing their fear long ago?
Nothing stops them. Neither God nor the instinct of self-preservation, nor other people's lives. Not to mention our own. On the one hand, if you lose fear, you have to turn on the mind and calculate the risk where an ordinary person has enough instinct. On the other hand, the instinct is imperfect: fear can paralyze a person .. If people lost their fear, It would be a monster in truth. As sad as it would be to realize, but we are the most terrible creature on the planet. Of course, there would be people who did not seek to harm anyone, but in the end they would not be. Unadapted individuals die, the strongest and fittest survive. Darwin's theory. I hope I'm wrong. Fear is given to a person as a regulator of self-preservation, as a protection against actions that harm a person, and as a means of avoiding dangerous situations. Therefore, accordingly, fearless people would most likely never think they were mortal, and nothing would stop them from taking risks. People would turn into evil, heartless creatures! Crime would rise instantly! The world would go into chaos, complete chaos! )) So what would become of people if they lost their fear?
36 Comments
Sort by:
G
Garrus-1994 10.11.21

Obviously, we would have lost Denimuss.
And what would happen to people if we did not have nerves? Here's the same thing with fear)
MunchkiN 616
but where is the mechanism for the emergence of fear, maybe in a potson, it can arise without a reason that exists at the moment
If, as you say, "fear" arises without a reason, then it is not "fear" but anxiety. Because anxiety is always disproportionate to the situation, in contrast to fear. Fear is always proportionate, and if there is no reason, then there is nothing to measure, which means that this is anxiety. Fear does not appear just like that, but anxiety always manifests itself that way. Since there is no measure, and in this case, the measurement depends on the consequences, then it is impossible to determine the consequences, since there is no cause either. And then winding up begins, and this very "winding up" is the prerogative of anxiety, since there will obviously be a reaction disproportionate to the situation.

V
Vanya Rygalov 10.11.21

7Rain7 wrote:
.... I would probably die.
If I had a horse, it would be a number. If the horse had me, I would probably die.
Out of bed?

M
MelShlemming 10.11.21

What would become of people if they lost their fear?
Then people wouldn’t pee or shit in their pants.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Garrus-1994
all the same, fear or anxiety arises through processing by the front lobes of the brain and consciousness. thus there are both pre-installed and purchased settings. smart mammals are different in that they have adaptive behavior. those in the process of life the animal can learn to be afraid of certain things in accordance with its attitudes.
there is also genetic adaptive fear at some reflex level, but in humans it is dulled. those people will not be afraid of fire until they are anally burned.
examples of all sorts of fears, such as the fear of heights, confined spaces, liquids, speedermen, etc. in some people, they are very weak in others. and anxiety is essentially nothing from fear. let's say you are sitting on the railing of the balcony of a high-rise building and swinging your legs. or the same situation but somewhere on the fence not high above the ground. or there, let's say they cut in lines on the street and you need to run to the store for bread, milk ...
I think the author meant something like the following. Let's say I threaten you with laser pistols. he is funny and gay like from space fiction like pew-pew. but he is real and quite capable of punishing. but you do not know this and most likely you will not stand like a drake face and clean up my face. and if I had something like a real pukal, you would give me a cell phone. the essence of the situation is that in the presence of fear, danger, inhibition prevailed in actions. if you remove this inhibition, you immediately become a nanopozone. and the situation has essentially not changed, but in your favor.

C
Cerabyte 10.11.21

Nothing special would have happened. How often do you feel all the fear and stop because of it? Every day and all the time? Cowardly psychopaths who are held back by fear of committing atrocities by a minority. But if all people became completely stupid, then yes, the end of the world would immediately come.

G
Garrus-1994 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
all the same, fear or anxiety arises through processing by the front lobes of the brain and consciousness
Processing is processing, but as far as I know, the amygdala and hypothalamus play a big role in the regulation, formation, and application of emotions, and they are clearly not located in the anterior lobes of the brain. Plus you talked about genetic adaptive fear. Fear is by no means part of the human genome. Fear, its interpretation, is explained by our parents, and not only fear, but any emotion (and fear is an emotion) is formed not by us, but by our parents. Because "if a new quality in specific conditions of existence increased the adaptive capabilities of the organism, then in subsequent generations the possessors of this quality became more and more. It could facilitate the way to protect or obtain food, provide a large and viable population or contribute to the settlement of undeveloped spaces of the planet."
and anxiety in essence is
not different from fear . In essence, and not in essence, it is different. Fear is not the cause of neuroses, but anxiety, in most cases, is what causes neurosis. It is a gross mistake to call fear and anxiety indistinguishable from each other. This is the same difference as between reason and reason.
but you don’t know it
This is called "fear of the unknown", but I repeat this anxiety, and this will become fear when you first get burned and you are afraid to get burned again, and therefore you will avoid everything hot.
the essence of the situation is that in the presence of fear, danger, inhibition prevailed in actions.
if you can't cope with it, if you see a tarantula and immediately run away, what kind of braking is there)

C
Combine-47 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS -
"Lived without fear and died without fear."
That's how all people would end up.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Garrus-1994
animals do not have folklore to convey information, however, innate stereotypes of behavior as well as dangerous and safe are present. even an animal that lived with a person will be and has never seen something in the wild will be afraid of wolf snakes and so on. unless there is a reverse installation.
thus the behavior is programmed and instinctive.
with fear, there is always a change or suppression of consciousness. behavior becomes more instinctive. so for example a person can crawl along the walls to spit out like a ninja turtle through a window, kawabunga! etc. in ordinary life, when there is no narrowing of consciousness, a person, for example, a hell of a lot, will jump on the fire escape from the fly, and so on.
therefore, fear has both inhibitory functions and all kinds of affective states.

G
Garrus-1994 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Do you really wanna argue?
animals have no folklore
But they have developed instincts and the ability to learn. And it is their instincts that act as stereotypes of behavior, while our instincts are muffled, and we ourselves form a stereotype of behavior, unlike animals. The socialization procedure forms everything in a person. Therefore, in this aspect, comparing people with animals is not very appropriate. In humans, "genetic" has lost its true meaning, and because we are able to transmit knowledge by "folklore", genetically little has become possible for us. I heard that they are investigating a genetic predisposition to aggression, but so far it has not been proven. And if they prove it, then humanity will do everything to suppress it. But let me distract myself.
even an animal that lived with a man will be and has never seen something in the wild will be afraid of wolves' snakes
Well, until he sees them. A person can be afraid of another person, and not seeing him, and not even knowing him.
Thus, the behavior is programmed and instinctive.
In general, this is true, only it is not genetic, but is programmed by our parents, of course not on purpose, in most cases.
therefore, fear has both inhibitory functions and all kinds of affective states
Fear is a person's affective state, and it does not have different affective states, since it is impossible for a person to have two such states at the same time. There are different reactions as a result of human programming to a certain situation, and if suddenly a person does not know how to behave in a given situation, then fear may well be replaced by panic. And panic will be a consequence of the cause (fear), but not how they will not be at the same time. A person will even be able to explain to you that his panic is caused by his own fear, but this will not be fear itself, but a state of panic, the fear itself will be drowned out.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Garrus-1994
in order to answer the question of the pitch of the topic, it is necessary to understand how the mechanism of the emergence of fear works. and there are conditionally 2 large structures in the mechanism. it is mind-driven and autonomic. I put the cerebral cortex first because it tells the hindbrains to produce all sorts of crap like adrenaline. changing vigitatics is already having some effect back on the cortex and thinking. in fact, ordinary everyday fear is a short urgent state of anxiety, which is outdated by a micro short anxious psychosis. in other words, if you scare him, he will scream and then he will answer that he was scared based on his vegetative sensations. it will not be adrenal dyspnea, tachycardia, the pressure there will jump up and so on. this one is fear. further it is important to remember about the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. they are associated with all sorts of adrenal nano ganglia there are explosions and oppression of the striated muscles, which is the sympathetic nervous system and is controlled by the will of consciousness. and parasympathetic. there are all sorts of glands and anal colon. therefore, after a fright or an experienced fear, a person drags with his pants down, his legs bent, and so on. which is eloquently called "peresralsya".
It was not for nothing that I raised the topic of animals and innate reflexes, programmed behavior, because it is very important to understand where fear lives and how it is triggered. in humans and elite mammals, experience is certainly of great importance. and aggression do not quite understand what does aggression have to do with it, for example, it refers to fear as laughter is composed with fear and aggression. for example, like a current, a person knows how to laugh. further, it is very important what kind of animal a person belongs to, since this imposes on the duration and fluctuation of the stages of fear. but here it seems that we are closer to herbivorous animals that panic psychosis instinctive with us is very short. panic is finally a pretty big topic, and it’s probably to the patho physiology.
so not everything is so simple.
but a clear potsan, for example, quite naturally will tell why he ran away from the snake. why he yelled why he ran - because the snake. why did he run from the snake - poisonous. so in a normal pozon fear is simply accompanied by accentuation and narrowing of the field of attention. while he was running, for example, he did not think that his lesson there was not fixed 2yka on matisha, etc.
so what happens if you turn off fear - it depends on the level at which you can turn it off. as if at an everyday level it would be cool to turn off such pain, fear there and the pain threshold will immediately fall and so on in order to become a super-soldier and so that the mental and cognitive system does not change.

t
the endless misanthropy o 10.11.21

According to the scriptwriters of the film Equilibrium - wearing a black cloak and burning books

M
Mage Hermit 10.11.21

No fear, no instinct for self-preservation.
Any organism cannot survive without this instinct.
In short, there would be no people.

t
the endless misanthropy o 10.11.21

In general, there is a difference between the feeling of fear, expressed in the release of adrenaline and meaningful fear - the result of awareness of the threat.

M
Mictlantecuhtli 10.11.21

I can't speak for all people, but I would definitely have done a lot of trouble :)) Perhaps I would have ended my life with a bullet in my forehead.

S
Six_Flash 10.11.21

For this, the Earth would say many thanks to people from above, or to the Sun

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

-GERK-
and in your case it does not give administrator rights))