3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Geth Hunter 10.11.21 07:18 pm

Replacing the graphics card

Can you please tell me if you need to remove and reinstall the driver when changing a video card from Nvidia? Are they kind of universal or is there a difference in wood from 7xx and 9xx?
21 Comments
Sort by:
P
Polololon 10.11.21

Geth Hunter
Complete removal is recommended.

G
Geth Hunter 10.11.21

Polololon
ok, thanks

b
bazilews 10.11.21

Geth Hunter
Mandatory reinstallation for a specific video card !!!

m
mvictory 10.11.21

Get Hunter
If the video card is from the same manufacturer, the driver does not need to be reinstalled.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

mvictory The
manufacturer is one, but the series are different.

i
ili0ili 10.11.21

just download the new version of the driver, and choose a clean install when installing

m
mvictory 10.11.21

bazilews
It doesn't matter, the drivers recognize the new card.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

mvictory
And why then on the Nvidia website when downloading drivers you need to select a series and a specific video card ???

7Rain7 10.11.21

bazilews
You can download firewood for the same axis, but for the 7 and 9 series. These will be the same packages of firewood, so mvictory is right about something. But I would also download the new one and make a clean install, tk. and you're right too. And he is right that for the latest views, new versions of drivers are made sometimes earlier and the latest version may be newer than that of the 7th version.
Something like this.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

7Rain7
If you have a vidyuha of one series, and during installation you choose firewood of a different series, then they simply will not be installed due to the lack of support for this product. And the axis you have to choose is the one that you have at the moment. Like this.

7Rain7 10.11.21

bazilews
Yes, I also said the same about the axis. Look, for example, you have a 9th series, download firewood from the 7th series for your axis. You will be surprised, but they will get up.

m
mvictory 10.11.21

In fact, a "clean" install isn't all that clean. There are plenty of tails left. For a cleaner uninstall, you need to use Display Driver Uninstaller. But it's up to you to decide.
"If you have a vidyuha of one series, and during installation you select firewood of another series, then they simply will not be installed due to the lack of support for this product. And the axis must be chosen exactly the one that you have at the moment. That's it." - no, not right. The same drivers are universal, and are not intended specifically for one series of video cards, but from 400 to 900 hundredth (for example). The only thing that matters is the bitness and the operating system for which it is intended.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

7Rain7
I don't need such experiments.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

mvictory
I agree with this, but you can simply reinstall the necessary firewood from the off site and I think that there will be no problems.

7Rain7 10.11.21

bazilews
Yes, I would have done as you said. The firewood, again under the new vidyahu, may be newer than it was with the old one.
mvictory
Display Driver Uninstaller Yes, the program is convenient.

b
bazilews 10.11.21

7Rain7
I think the question is closed.

m
mvictory 10.11.21

bazilews
Agree. After reinstalling the card, it is better to download fresh drivers and install.

C
CRASHBULLET 10.11.21

I did not, 770 was, put 980 for the second year soon, as the cost is being updated.

P
Palych Rocks 10.11.21

On Nvidia, firewood is universal for all series, except for the very old gtx 2xx, so Windows, in principle, itself will find the installed firewood when loading and install it, I just have to reboot, I don’t know how on radicals, but if universal, then it will also be so. Of course, Windows should not be XP, in any case, you can reinstall them, during installation nvidia has a "Clean Installation" option, it removes and reinstalls itself

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 10.11.21

bazilews
Firewood even for vidyahi 710 is swinging quite new, for example GfExp offers me to download 364.72, but it costs 358.87.
ZY And the old games run smoothly.