3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nehalim 10.11.21 08:17 pm

Solving the problem with FPS and lags on Nvidia cards (Tomb Raider (2013))

while comrades from Nvidia are trying to make firewood and patch a gap in the game, a temporary alternative is possible to solve such a capricious jamb as a sudden drop in FPS in frequent and rare cases. In general, a bunch of solutions on this matter are offered, but often they concern the owners of a video card from Nvidia, which I am and are fraudulent to disable some game functions such as tessellation and the much-praised TressFX, etc.

I suggest enabling all graphics functions in the game, but before that open the "Nvidia Control Panel" go to "PhysX Configuration Setting" and select the "CPU" processor instead of a video card or auto (which is the same thing). Perhaps PhysX somehow conflicts with the graphics functions of the game, which is why there are shoals with a drop in FPS.
These manipulations helped me and now I can safely play without drawdowns and swearing.
70 Comments
Sort by:
S
SeriousSam666 10.11.21

IceDMC
The problem with lags was solved, for that I respect the author. =) But vidyuha at the same time heats up mom don't worry - the cooler with vidyakha is clean, without noise and dust. The sistemnik also just cleaned it yesterday. Everything breathes deeply. =)

K
Kelv 10.11.21

IceDMC
What is your vidyuha? How much was FPS and how much did it become?

K
Kelv 10.11.21

DJ Semen
IceDMC has no configuration in profile.

M
Metal eagle returns 10.11.21

IceDMC

while comrades with Nvidia are trying to make firewood and patch a hole in the game

Such problems should be solved not by drivers, but by patches for the game. Because I don't want to download buggy and wretched new drivers. I am quite satisfied with the driver version 285, which has not yet had over9000 bugs.

S
SeriousSam666 10.11.21

Kelv
It turned out funny, you didn’t answer me, you just noticed. = D And I took a fool and answered. =)

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

This feature applies to all games in which the PhysX function is missing

X
Xpessar 10.11.21

IceDMC
Have you turned on nanowairs ?

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Xpessar
Read carefully "all graphics functions in the game"

X
Xpessar 10.11.21

IceDMC
Well, I don't know about you, but when I turn on everything, I have 1-3 fps (because of the hair). So your theory with physics doesn't work

v
varancov 10.11.21

The people came out with Update 1, my game in the incentive was updated to version v.1.00.718.4
List of fixes
- The game works more stable on PCs with Intel and NVIDIA hardware.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from going beyond the boat on the beach.
- Fixes of some crashes when starting the game and entering Options.
- Improved render of TressFX hair.
- Fixed some graphical glitches (some effects were not displayed in full screen mode).
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from using full screen mode.
- Added support for inversion when aiming, as well as support for inversion along the X axis.
- Fixes related to the Performance Test.
- Other minor fixes

1616Igoryxaaa9966 10.11.21

I had nvidia geforce gtx 560 and passed 25% of the game, but there were no particular problems with fps drop. Unless in a mission with a pilot, fps dropped to 40 for 3 minutes.And as usual, fps is 60-80

B
Biglittlemath 10.11.21

Installed Update and translated Physx by percent as the author wrote. I don’t know exactly what helped, but now vegetation textures do not flicker, the game does not crash with tessellation enabled. My exact calculation eats up somewhere 10 fps, Tress FX another 10. In total, the game is 40-60 fps, but when activated, the instinct drops to 30 fps. In videos, when Lara's head is shown in close-up, it can drop to 20 fps, so I play without Precise calculation and Tress FX and min fps 50.

C
CrowBY 10.11.21

When switching from PhysX to percentages and hair rendering, I have hidden

M
MaLIce2k 10.11.21

*** Before Update # 1 *** (1920 to 1080)
When Physics switched from auto to CPU, nothing changed:
38-45 FPS with ultra settings, but without HAIR
17-31 FPS with ultra settings, with HAIR
48-60 FPS with Ulta settings without hairline and without Tessellation

*** After update â„–1 *** neighborhood basis - next to the tower in an open space (1920na1080)
when switching from auto fiziks CPU nothing has changed:
28-33 FPS at Ulta settings, but without HAIR
21-25 FPS with ultra settings, with HAIR
50-53 FPS with ultra settings, without HAIR and without Tessellation

Conclusion: HAIR for a couple of FPS has become faster .. In short, we are waiting for new firewood from Nvidia ..

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Xpessar
Works, but not for everyone, because I cannot know what is installed on your computer and what system. Perhaps something is blocking this feature because of this it does not work correctly or does not work at all. It is important to note the quality of the processor.

X
Xpessar 10.11.21

IceDMC
I had moments when max settings and hair gave out 30 fps, but it was 2 times in 10 launches, the rest is all 1-3 fps. But regular hair is far more realistic than tressfx considering the climate on this island. But now on the forums they write about a bug with a full screen mode, like if you use it, then the quality is worse than when playing in a windowed mode, google if interested)

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Xpessar
I read all this and I have no problems with modes.

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Xpessar
Most likely you have something that additionally loads the system and you did not configure it. Because of this, there will be "lags, bugs and freezes." program settings. And also do the analysis and experiment with antivirus, firewall and other dirty tricks. If possible, replace. And install some programs that will help you in the future to optimize the system automatically over the years.

C
Cryptor 10.11.21

Only then do not forget to switch back the physics to the video card when you play other games. Because Physics works much slower. The video card still has to process this thing.

G
Guide 10.11.21

Cryptor

Only then do not forget to switch back physics to video card when playing other games.

For example, which ones?