3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nestoroff 10.11.21 10:01 pm

Game catalogs (with filters by parameters) Are there any?

Suddenly I wondered which of the games of the genre I was reading I had overlooked.
I only play first-person shooters with an open world, my
beloved Borderlands, Farkrai, Stalkers have been completed many times, Falauts have also been played.
Armagh is too confused, of all the only GTA5 known to me, not a single minute has been played yet.
Skyrims and Witchers are not interested. I know that there are huge open worlds, but swords and arrows somehow do not carry away.

In general, I got into the Internet to see what other games of this kind exist. But to my surprise, I discovered that there were almost no sites with game catalogs and filters by such obvious parameters. And those that I found are very poorly designed and, when exposed "from the first person" + "open world", constantly make mistakes, listing inappropriate games.
I am surprised - the gaming industry is so numerous and popular, and there are no decent catalogs of games with filtering by their parameters).
While you have to use the WIKI page of "open world games" and then look into the game and look further (from the first person, whether it is a shooter, the year of release and whether there is a PC version)
It is likely that I am mistaken and such sites still exist. So I will be glad if someone pokes into the links
6 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 10.11.21

The open world is not a genre, but just a style of play. For example, is GTA a shooter? This is more RPG + action with elements of other genres, and the openness of the world is just a style of play. If you take a game where you can switch the view from the first to the rear view (from the third person), then what to call it? Not FPS, but not TPS, but both at once ... For example, Elder Scrolls, Warzone2100 ...
Why aren't you interested in Skyrim and the like? And Skyrim is the fifth installment in the Elder Scrolls series ...

n
nestoroff 10.11.21

A.Soldier of Light wrote:
Why aren't you interested in Skyrim and the like? And Skyrim is the fifth installment of the Elder Scrolls series ...
well, I’ve indicated why. swords, arrows and bows are not interesting to me.
other things like, too, quite clearly outlined. For me, the main thing in the game is the presence of an open world (nonlinearity of the plot, that is) a shooter (it's just interesting to run around with optics in all kinds of unknown places and shoot enemies)
when the game map is large and spacious for me this is only a plus.

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

In short, I want pawson like in skyrim only new vegas and more GTA

t
the endless misanthropy o 10.11.21

Crysis

9 years old, karl

W
Wild Rider 10.11.21

nestoroff As
I understand it, the percentage of gameplay expressed in driving a car is not so important. OK. Well, from the new games, I advise you to try the same GTA 5 (the first GTA with a 1-person view). Live openworld, a lot of content and action - in general, you will not get bored. True, in a 3-person view, you will have to switch while flying an airplane / helicopter, tk. flying from the 1st is not very convenient. You need to get used to, though, as anyone.
There is also Xenus (2 parts), it is something like the headlights of the edge, only the game is outdated. According to your parameters, it is quite suitable. I myself have not tried to play it. The precursors is a game from the same Ukrainian studio, but you still have to land on different planets. Try at your own peril and risk)

"the presence of an open world (non-linearity of the plot, that is)"
These are different things)

n
nestoroff 10.11.21

the point is that no one understood the campaign.
I'm talking about a catalog of games with the correct filtering according to the specified parameters
-
and yes. Of course I played in Crises (even in the third in 3D mode) I did not think that it was worth listing such well-known games.
It will be interesting when the new stalker will be released. they say there will be a huge world - it is unlikely, of course, comparable to Skyrim, but also not bad