3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Noob Inquisitor 11.11.21 04:56 pm

A question for connoisseurs of video editors

Guys who understand this, I ask for advice. So, there is an old 360p vidos. What program is capable of remounting it in HD quality? I heard that this is kind of possible. Sony supposedly re-renders it, showing 1080 in numbers, but the visual quality is not much better. Personally, the best I could achieve was to slightly improve the quality by applying several lightening effects, but this is still clearly not enough. Who knows what methods? What is needed for this? And is it possible to do this with only the skills of an amateur?
4 Comments
Sort by:
B
Blackmeser 11.11.21

Directly this is impossible, you essentially just convert it to a different resolution.
There are, of course, all sorts of filters for programs for creating and processing video (I saw such a chip in Power Director), but due to algorithms they can smooth squares, no more. With this processing from 360p, the video will look like a smeared picture of a medieval artist, visually it will look slightly better than the original when the resolution is increased.
In other words, you will not get either 720p or 1080p from 360p.

7Rain7 11.11.21

Inquisitor of noobs
No program will add missing pixies to you.

S
SonyK_2 11.11.21

Inquisitor of noobs
"Recode" in HD, you will simply increase the file size of the video - you wrote correctly above, you can slightly improve the video with filters, but you will not make a real HD out of it. Normal players on computers and other gadgets will "stretch" 360p for the required resolution, while they themselves will "improve" it by applying anti-aliasing and other "bells and whistles".

N
Noob Inquisitor 11.11.21

Well, thank you all, I'll know.