3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
b3rserk3r 11.11.21 04:57 pm

Does it make sense to replace the processor?

Current config: video card - gigabyte gtx 750ti, 8gb DDR3, percent - amd phenom x6 1090t (black edition) 3.3 GHz, power supply unit - NoName 650 watts, mother - asrock 960 gm - s3 fx. I think I'll change it to fx 8350.
The budget is 15k rubles. Motherboard and cooling separately (in the sense of their price is not included in these 15k). And now the questions.
1. Can I just overclock it? (If necessary, replace the cooling)
2. Can I buy a video card (issue price 15k) and overclock the percentage?
3. Let's say I dispersed it. What video card can he pull out?
5 Comments
Sort by:
h
helio 11.11.21

for 15k you can buy only 950 not very quickly
take intel into the firebox amd

D
DozoRRR 11.11.21

b3rserk3r
You conceived shit , an undertaking. You can overclock the maximum percentage, the rest is down the drain with a minimum increase in performance, just copy it to a new computer completely.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

with such a vidyuha and phenom x6 1090t the lion is thick. and it should be possible to drive it. though the mother may not allow it, but that's another question.
and so yes 8350 is the minimum boyar boyar level. but it will be very expensive to overclock it, so it makes no sense.
a normal video card for 15k to buy,
let's say it was overclocked with a mat board or cooling to constant 4 GHz. but it depends on the resolution with which it is played. for 1080p you can attach 980

S
SUSUL1 11.11.21

the most optimal choice would be to replace the motherboard with the GA-970a-UD3P r2.0
Well, the choice of the FX-8350 is not the most optimal, here the FX-8320e is much more interesting =)
It is so disassembled in St. Petersburg that they do not have time to import it =)

L
Len4ik00N 11.11.21

b3rserk3r
1. To get a tangible increase in processor performance, you need a corresponding overclocking, but your mate. the board is not very suitable for this, and together with NoName bp, overclocking generally turns into a lottery. Slightly, of course, you can overclock so that there are no undesirable consequences, but do not expect a big increase.
2. At current prices for 15k in the store you can not buy anything normal. You can look in the secondary market or wait for the release of new video cards, then the prices for "old" cards should drop at least a little, and you can save some money at the same time.
b3rserk3r wrote:
The budget is 15k rubles. Motherboard and cooling separately (in the sense of their price is not included in these 15k)
If, besides the processor, you are going to change the mat. board, then it is worth considering the option of switching to another platform: less "gluttonous" and with less heat dissipation, type 1150 from Intel, or more technological with support for new processors and ddr4 type AM4 or 1151 from AMD and Intel, respectively, but in this case the price of the issue will be higher ...