3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21 09:47 pm

I ask for advice on replacing the video card

I would like to change the graphics card in my computer to DX11. Here is the configuration of my computer: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 2.66 GHz, RAM 4.00. Motherboard ASUS P5K SE, type X86-based PC. NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphics card. What can you advise me of the inexpensive options. I understand that I already need to do a complete upgrade. but there is no such possibility yet.
16 Comments
Sort by:
B
BKPOCCAX 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev

GTS 450, the most basic model with support for gddr5, directx 11 and moderate consumption, GTX 550 ti, is already better, but in my opinion 650 ti or 660 ti will be better, both have 2 GB of memory, which will help in games more than once ... Further, the cards either will not fit, or will be much more expensive.

L
Life is shit 11.11.21

For this, only some kind of GTX 750 TI (2GB), the above just makes no sense for your computer.
http://catalog.onliner.by/videocard/palit/5x75t009411073h
-
In general, I advise you to collect money for a new one ...

V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21

I understand that there is no point and the whole computer needs to be changed. But thanks anyway for the advice!

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev I
do not highly recommend building a computer on such a processor. Any Core i5 from i5-2300 looking for or can now have something cheap:
http://ark.intel.com/products/88185/Intel-Core-i5-6400-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30 -GHz

V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21

Found through ads, sell Geforce GTS 450 1GB DDR5 for 3500 rubles. Do you think this will suit me, until I completely change the computer?

S
SonyK_2 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev
Depending on what resolution you will play and what games - 1 GB is already not enough for modern ones. And also look at the power of the vidyuhi - you have an old motherboard, a video card without an additional power connector itself may not be able to pull out the slot. PCI-E 2.0 ~ up to 75W. GTS 450 (according to NVidia specification) should be equipped with an additional 6 pin connector - but it's better to double-check, it has a TDP of ~ 106 W.
Above, people wrote correctly - the computer is too old. If you want to play new games, save up for an upgrade.

V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21

I understood everything, thanks for the advice! I will save up for an upgrade!

M
MassChester87 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev
Look for GTX 650-650Ti, they will be much cooler and faster, especially 650Ti.
GTS 450 has not been released for a long time, who knows what happened to it. Look from the new ones: 750-750Ti, maybe there are inexpensive ones, according to the ads. Also check out the R7 250X and R7 260.

S
SonyK_2 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev
MassChester87 speaks to you - he himself upgraded to GTX 650. Of course she is a budget, but all games with DirecX 11 run without problems. "Eats" up to 65 W - for the price that I paid, it justifies itself.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

very vague situation. If you take a boo market, then any one with dx11 which will raise the bp starting from the zhyforce 460 of the same level and higher in performance. if one of those that can be found in the store from 640 740 and so forth or analogs of radeon.
but in this version of the pitch, it will still not be possible to play modern games without the rest of the pitch update. so the card would be a waste of money. it can only be bought to speed up some of the games up to 11-12 years.

V
Vladimir_Alexandrovich 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev
GTS 450 is quite good, a friend still has one, you can play new items at medium-low with playable fps. I myself had one, also after the 9800 GT, though not for long, it burned out. And again I had to sit on the old woman 9800, only in the fall I took the GTX 960. 450th for six months - a year is enough. There is no point in taking 550, 560, 650, 660 (and Ti versions), they are quite expensive, it is better to take something from the 900 series for the new process, or the R7, R9 radeon. It all depends on the budget.
In general, you need to completely upgrade the system, wait until autumn, there AMD ZEN will be released, and Skylakey, Hasveli may become cheaper.

c
cat7777 11.11.21

The most budget version of the GTX 550 ti, pulls everything and gta 5 and the witcher, etc., as they say, cheap and cheerful

V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21

It is clear that you need to completely upgrade the system. And, as I understand it, it is generally not advisable to take it from the hands. I didn’t buy anything from my hands, and it’s somehow scary. Because it is not known how it was used. Maybe they drove around all day. So I will only take the new one.

L
Len4ik00N 11.11.21

Valery Malyshev
Buying spare parts in the secondary market is not so scary, especially considering the current prices and exchange rates, the savings are quite significant. There is indeed a risk, but it can be minimized, for example, if you take it in stores that sell used components: before selling, they check everything and can demonstrate the performance of the product + many give a guarantee. In the case of a hand-held purchase, you can check the goods at any PC repair center, as a rule, sellers do not mind (if they are sure that the goods will be tested): there will be no guarantee, of course, but there will be no unpleasant surprises either.

V
Valery Malyshev 11.11.21

Got it. Thanks !!!

P
Purple giraffe 11.11.21

If you buy from your hands, keep in mind that you threw a lot on Avito. I advise you to buy only in person with the possibility of verification.
http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=535148