3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cheburashka 11.11.21 10:08 pm

Game Optimization (Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak)

Well, my dear maniacs of the great series? :)), so the long-awaited hit came out, judging by the reviews, the optimization of the game does not particularly shine, let's discuss this question and for one thing we will think about how to make the optimon better with the help of all sorts of maneuvers :))
8 Comments
Sort by:
R
Roograx 11.11.21

You can't do it better. If you do not pull on high, put low :) But get ready for a miserable soapy schedule. Personally, my game should run perfectly even at the maximum, judging by the recommended system requirements. But I have it rushing with "friezes" brakes are not clear. The differences in graphics with Homeworld space and this one are not noticeable at all, but I have a space hamster rushing at full ultra settings :) How enraged I am already games that are released without optimization, what the f * ck am I for a mod ?!

x
xoen 11.11.21

Cheburashka
I can't say anything bad because on mine it goes cheerfully at ultra and in general I am satisfied with the game.

K
Kodjima 11.11.21

config in the studio, so that you know exactly who has how and at what settings.

R
RiseSoma 11.11.21

and I also reached mission 3 normally. and then it started the sound stutters the camera twitches started to play normally is not possible. I tried all the settings does not help !!! GTX 960 2GB. RAM 12 GB.

H
Hafnium 11.11.21

How to start real full screen? Lags in the borderless.

L
LDa88 11.11.21

gtx 970, i5 4690, 16 ram - fps sags in especially dynamic scenes up to 35, and no matter what settings (the differences in the drawdown between the settings are minimal). Let's wait for the patch.

A
Al M 11.11.21

gtx 970 - 1500 / 8000mhz, i5 3570k / 4500mhz, 16 ram - all settings are at the maximum, no where sags. passed several missions.

E
Egik81 11.11.21

On my config, the game very often slows down even in the strategic map mode. Hence the assumptions that the guys obviously took the wrong engine for the strategy where there are 500 units each. Or the optimization is lame on both legs. Moreover, setting all the settings to a minimum has practically no effect. The processor load during brakes on the strategic card is only 30 percent. From which we can conclude that the engine is simply not capable of such feats as being a 3d strategy engine. In general, in terms of graphics, the game resembled greatly improved generals.
Al M
, my first few missions did not slow down either, and in the end, sheer brakes when you were given 500 units at the start ...
koles2015
It's all just that the engine is apparently incapable of feats with a large number of units. And this concerns not so much the drawing, but precisely the management of them. For it slows down even on the strategic map.