3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Witcher 11.11.21 10:16 pm

The problem with the Asus GTX 780Ti graphics card

The video card began to heat up strongly in games, up to 95 degrees, replacing the thermal paste did not solve the problem.
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
Strimline 11.11.21

blew on the fans?

K
Kryogen 11.11.21

Reference or not? afterburn fans try the mood

-
-SK.art- 11.11.21

The Witcher wrote:
The video card began to heat up strongly in games, up to 95 degrees, replacing the thermal paste did not solve the problem.
how long ago? not on the penultimate 364.47 drivers?

k
kenny undead 11.11.21

Check your pc for viruses there is a bitcoin miner, he heats up the video, well, or install more advanced drivers

L
Len4ik00N 11.11.21

Increase the rotational speed of the fans on the card, of course, if there is somewhere. Just in case, make sure that you put the cooling system correctly after changing the thermal paste - there is a possibility that the heatsink is not tight enough or does not completely adhere to the surface of the chip. It may also be that due to firewood (flew off / incorrectly installed, etc.) it shows a high temperature, but in fact everything is fine.

P
Palych Rokov 11.11.21

kenny undead
From yes, most likely there is some kind of miner, and all the nonsense about firewood is bullshit. I update myself regularly and do not even bother doing this since Riva TNT 2 Pro.

The witcher is
generally strange that it gets so hot, I have gigabyte cards, there is already throttling at 80, check the temperature and fan speed with the afterburner and also check the graphics card load with the afterburner, look even in the weakest games, if it is 98% there, then you have some kind of miner

A
Alexxxx3212 11.11.21

Len4ik00N I
support, most likely the heatsink is not tightly stuck to the chipset))

P
Palych Rokov 11.11.21

Labamba86
but how can it be loosely stuck there if it is screwed on, it seems like bolts, it will tighten it to a loved one when you fasten the bolts, most likely a miner.

A
Alexxxx3212 11.11.21

Steve Taller
Yes, but I will say I saw such cases and the bolts were tightened, and the temperature was under 100 degrees, disassembled and re-tightened, voila temperature 65-70))