3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MC_DIZEL 11.11.21 10:21 pm

What new and innovative can we expect from the 3rd part? (Half-Life 3)

We write our opinions and arguments.
13 Comments
Sort by:
v
valera96ku 11.11.21

even empty, isn't it?

M
MC_DIZEL 11.11.21

Yes, I can't argue with that ...

P
Purgesha 11.11.21

looked at the dates ... just to tears)

M
MC_DIZEL 11.11.21

They say "they wait for the promised three years." In my opinion, this does not apply to this game.

x
xDDGx 11.11.21

Let me read the letter I received. “Dear Mr. Newell. Why isn't Valve releasing Half-Life 3? Yours sincerely concerned gamer. " Thanks for the letter, Player. Of course, your question concerns the basic needs of the gamer, the source of his hopes and disappointments. I also see a few unspoken questions. Does Valve know what's best for players? What gives them the right to make decisions like releasing or not releasing the game? Will they stop freezing and let us finally play Half-Life 3 ?!
So let me resolve the doubts that led you to write this letter, instead of answering a directly posed question.
First, let's look at the fact that for the first time in corporate history, Valve is a stone's throw from owning all the money in the world. This fact entails far-reaching conclusions. It requires a complete overhaul of company policy. It requires planning and deliberation, which goes against the aspirations of the average Halfer.
At a time like this, you need to remind yourself that our true enemy is loot. The loot of our parents raised us when we first became. Money fed and protected us even in those difficult years, when there were few of them, when we cooked meager food on the stove and shuddered from the shadows galloping on the walls of buildings outside the window. But money is inseparable from the main human vice - greed. It is inextricably linked to thoughtless impulses, and now we know their true nature. But greed knows about its uselessness and, like a cornered beast, will never surrender without a bloody battle. Greed can inflict a mortal wound on humanity. Greed pushes us to own more and more. She whispers that we need more games, which means more money, and the single unreleased games appeal to us more than anything on Steam. Greed cleverly and imperceptibly deprives us of the joy of owning hundreds of games, replacing it with anger and bitterness from lack of one ... Therefore, greed must be suppressed. She must be fought mercilessly, starting with the main object of her attention - Half-Life 3.
You should be grateful to Valve for helping you fight the overwhelming desire to play Half-Life 3. Deciding not to do Half-Life 3, we educate you by making you pay attention to the world around you. And we gave you something that will ease your suffering: HATS, ICONS, ICONS! The wonderful thing about them is that, while standing with real money, they are just empty shells, a useless surrogate. You spend your money, and you get nothing of value in return. But by getting rid of your money in this way, you kill greed in yourself and help Valve move towards its ultimate goal!
And I assure you that Half-Life 3 will be released the day we get hold of ourselves, when we prove we don't need it anymore. And this day, according to my information, is not far off ...

M
Man_without_conscience 11.11.21

MC_DIZEL
say "they are waiting for the promised three years." In my opinion, this does not apply to this game
THREE !!!! HL3 confirned.

x
xDDGx 11.11.21

As a joke:

> three
By the way, the new Doom game will simply be called ... Doom. But this is an option. Someone write to Gaben a letter: "Okay Gabe, you can keep not doing Half-Life 3. Just make us Half-Life!"

n
northern alcoholic 11.11.21

I will not be original and say that the previous games were remembered as revolutionaries. This is not true. I don’t know how with part 2, but before 1 there were such games as unreal, blood 2, hexen. Now in shooters it can be surprising, except perhaps For example, verdun is said to be a clumsy parody of Red Orchestra, I also saw a comment in which the game is compared to ARMA 3, but this is the only online shooter with a PMV setting! The events of half life 1 unfold on March 31 - 1 April 2003 (Proof http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rtb_laidlaw_note.jpg), part 2 takes place in the post-apocalypse after the massacre in the World Cup, so the new part will not surprise us with some kind of war of the twentieth century can, but I can't imagine anything new in the post-apocalypse. The only way to make a first-mover shooter is to combine the gameplay of the half-life and the portal.this can already be done by editing some resources of either the portal, or the halfs, and this is what happens:

If it comes out as an official game, then it really will be a shooter that has never seen the light of day, but will it be fun to play? at the beginning of sales Gabe will scrape off the money, but if the masses do not like the game, it will tarnish the reputation of valve, it will be a collapse. And again, in any case, this will not be the first game with a mobile teleporter. I saw a teleporter in Unreal 1999, it is not attracts as much attention as the portal gun in the portal, it may not be used, and in some cases it can do harm at all, but still it appeared earlier than portal, and even earlier than half-life 2.

C
CHUVAAAAAAAK 11.11.21

What new and innovative can we expect from the 3rd part? Personally, I'm just waiting for the third part.

x
xDDGx 11.11.21

I will not be original and say that the previous games were remembered as revolutionaries, this is not true.
Come on! For some reason, critics of the largest gaming publications - both of that time and of modern times - vied with each other that Half-Life was exactly what revolutionized. And then suddenly an unknown siskin appears and claims that "this is not true." It's one thing to express your opinion (the abbreviation IMHO was invented for this), quite another to throw such phrases.

but before 1 there were games like unreal, blood 2, hexen
So what? With Unreal, everything is clear - grafon and all that, I don’t argue with that (Software-mode in Anril is really cool). Comparing HL with Hexen is ridiculous. Hexen belongs to the stage of evolution that precedes CL. HL revolutionized at least by raising the bar among shooters, becoming a kind of benchmark, which, willy-nilly, began to be equal. This is the essence of the revolution: before it there were some leaders, some trends, after that there were others.
Of course, now it is easy to argue that "there is nothing special in HL1", "in HL2 there is nothing special", but those who say so simply do not understand that what has become commonplace in modern shooters was introduced and tested exactly in classic games. And what now seems to be self-evident was not at that time.

N
Nick monaro 11.11.21

I think that in order to reasonably talk about the third part, it is better, of course, to trample it in quotation marks - "next", you need not only play them, and even go deeper into the process - this is not enough!

The whole point of Halva is that we (WE are those who WE are, they understood) grew on it and with it. Who would have written during the release of the first HL - nothing special? And who would dare to write such a thing during the second release? Valve knows how to torment its fans, but it also knows how to please them, so be objective and remember how this game stepped over the era of video games while remaining cult.
I think that there will be something painfully familiar, something that can be dealt with out of habit in 5 seconds, but as we immerse ourselves in this new thing, we will not cease to be amazed at how wide, interesting and still incredible the story of Gordon Freeman is.

So wake up Mr. Gamer ... wake up, great things await you again. ©

N
Nick monaro 11.11.21

xDDGx
exactly

n
northern alcoholic 11.11.21

xDDGx
It is true that HL was remembered as a revolutionary, but it is not true that he was the first to demonstrate that there can be a plot in a shooter, that in a game of any genre it is possible to present a plot without cutscenes.