3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex hawk 11.11.21 10:41 pm

A quick guide to graphics settings! (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Post-processing: only diffuse dimming does not badly degrade performance.
The rest of the graphics settings:
Vertical sync: if you are not the owner of a GTX 980ti of a similar video card, then you do not need it (unless you play with fixed 30 frames).
Frames per second: in this case, there is no point in setting a limit, so there is only one option without limits (again, if you are not going to play with 30 frames, then set the appropriate value).
Resolution: Can be lowered for better performance. For example, if your monitor is 1080p and say with a diagonal of 27 inches, it will be quite comfortable to play at 1600x900 (be sure to in the window so as not to see the wildest soap).
Screen mode - to your taste.
System gamut: let it stay off. It's always easier to control the scale within the game.
HairWorks and everything connected with it must be turned off. First, the effect itself is not to say that it looks better. This is the main and main + to the fact that (secondly), it punishes performance incredibly strongly (you will lose at least 20 frames). This is far from the effect that we saw in Tomb Raider with Lara's hair (because many people think it's the same thing).
The number of characters on the screen is roughly a non-working function. In it, a lot of characters fall on the "minimum value" of the setting, and therefore, overestimating it can only affect the damage to the game, and no one will see the difference.
It's the same story with shadows. Those who are especially distrustful can see for themselves. The shadows at the "low" and "maximum" settings are exactly the same, and if they differ, it is not immediately clear where which setting is. Everyone can test it by taking a couple of screenshots.
The quality of the relief will practically not affect the frames, but it will not affect the picture badly. Here you can set the maximum value.
Water quality is a highly controversial setting. At maximum settings, there will be a jump in performance, but for each it is small or large in relation to water in games. For example, I'm ready to lose even 5 frames (but in my opinion it's even a lot) for the sake of beautiful swamps and just places with an abundance of water structures. In general, setting up requires almost nothing. I advise the maximum.
Grass Amount: The setting is the same, almost useless. I tested it in many places, sometimes there was a difference, but it always seemed to me that it was just an optical illusion and I could not really see anything. As in the case with the number of characters on the screen, I remove it to the very bottom, so as not to lose frames where I don’t understand why.
Texture quality: This is something that just needs to be set to the maximum. Adjustment requires almost nothing, but the quality of the picture is most strongly affected. A similar comment to the setting - the quality of detail.
Well, the last, the most difficult setting in terms of making a decision, Her Majesty is the visibility range of vegetation. So that's it. From the minimum to the maximum, there will be no small leap in performance. It is similarly noticeable in the picture of the game. It can be seen with each segment of the slider how the visibility of the grass decreases. My opinion: I play with this setting to a minimum. Since, I tested many options and even at the maximum setting, I sometimes saw places in the distance with no grass. Therefore, why should I choose the middle? I will lose frames and the quality of realism will not get even at the limit of setting. So I decided to stop at the minimum of drawing the grass, for that I won in frames.
Total: with these settings on my configuration (in the profile), I get 50 frames on average, it also sometimes drops to 40, but it also rises to 60 in a regular way (1920x1080).
UPD: revised my views on the "Water Quality" setting. Crappy setting. Maybe it worked differently among the initial patches. Now, I don't understand how it works. In general, below there will be several screenshots for comparison, where the "maximum" and where the "minimum" you can distinguish by the number of frames per second at the top left of the screen. The only thing I know for sure: with the maximum option, all sorts of traces from the character, from the boat appear on the water, perhaps a little more water "squishes" from jumping into it and bubbles under water.

In light of the above, I can say with full responsibility that the Poles deserve at least one more award - "The strangest (if you say stupid) graphics settings".
32 Comments
Sort by:
B
BarackKamacho 11.11.21

again, some kind of nonsense about vertical synchronization are

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

BarackKamacho
It makes no sense to enable V-sync without stable 60 (or 30) frames. About 30, I inserted a note, and few people will see 60 with video cards of the average level and even slightly above average. The twitching of the image will not disappear if you turn it on and observe jumps from 30 to 60 and vice versa.
Wikipediahttps: //ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0 % BD% D0% B0% D1% 8F_% D1% 81% D0% B8% D0% BD% D1% 85% D1% 80% D0% BE% D0% BD% D0% B8% D0% B7% D0% B0 % D1% 86% D0% B8% D1% 8F

B
BarackKamacho 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
Well, you didn’t understand anything from what you read there, what does the top vidyuha have to do with limiting the frame rate? on the contrary, it needs to be installed on weak vidyuhs in order to enable the video card to work not at full strength, and just why will there be 30 frames? Where have you seen 30 Hz monitors?

s
scorpion989 11.11.21

I have a GTX 960 and it pulls on the towers, even the buzz is straight

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

BarackKamacho
Everything is clear. I advise you to talk with people who understand this. I don’t have so much extra time for you. Vertical sync is not a panacea for friezes and never has been.

U
UnknownAssassin 11.11.21

For those who have a computer like me (infa in a personal)
Post-processing everything to the maximum, sharpness at your discretion.
The detail and quality of textures to the maximum, the range of the grass did not see severe drawdowns, but you can still set it to a minimum in order to save frames.
A good picture and normal frames for owners of such vidyuh as mine.
UPD: Nvidia HW off, the rest is set to a minimum.

B
BarackKamacho 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
I would advise you the same thing, friezes and unstable FPS are different things, and vertical sync just solves the problem of frame drops because it locks FPS at a certain level, because there is no point in squeezing 120 frames on a 60 Hz monitor

S
Strimline 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
edit the post for beauty ... zero readability = (
And attach screenshots plz, so that infa was exhaustive and compare with yours.

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
1600x900 (necessarily in the window, so as not to see the wildest soap) what kind of nonsense are you talking about what the fuck is soap ?? I play 720p in full screen on a 27-inch monitor and everything is fine!

B
BarackKamacho 11.11.21

Eddward West is
it because your monitor resolution is not a fountain? yeah

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

BarackKamacho
1080p

J
JABA AZAZINA 11.11.21

most of what has been written is to to, to, I understand how to set up, to which. who needed performance - they themselves have long found the instructions for the settings. fasting is useless.

A
Albert De Hunter 11.11.21

From personal experience:
Most of all they eat:
Shadows, the distance of drawing vegetation, Nvidia HW ... off or at least ...
Heh)))

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Strimline
Screenshots will not work. A video is better here, and this is too time consuming for a short instruction. I don't get paid for it, not even with "bonuses".

U
UnknownAssassin 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
Then write a blog, and you will be happy, of course, if they appreciate it.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

Vsung depends on the characteristics of the screen,
if you have a 120Hz screen, you probably don't need it. or with the technology of this sung.
most often screens have an update of 60 in height and 30 in width. so it would seem simple. we set the lock at 30 and no sung. but no. there are screens that are something like 60k45 such screens fps without breaking it is difficult to pick it up, they need 2 times more fps than their minimum matrix value. therefore it is better to leave incl. if the difference is not visible then off. but by itself, this sung eats about 1-2% on a normal pitch. and does not limit FPS to a multiple of 2 matrix processing. those over 180 fps from the first example.
frames per second can be immediately limited to 30 because from 30-60 it makes no sense to limit it, but for a solid 60 you have to try with pitch.
For example, if your monitor is 1080p and say with a diagonal of 27 inches, it will be quite comfortable to play at 1600x900 (be sure to in the window so as not to see the wildest soap).
This is the kind of shit I haven't heard in a while.
In the game, the textures are bad, therefore, it is valid over 900p the game is doubtful what is needed. but this does not mean that you need to play in the square in the corner of the screen. all the more so the MGPU regime may not work. and soap is good because there is no anti-aliasing in the game. And so it will be anti-alias through screen interpolarization. Those when recalculating not a multiple of the image will appear shadows of the subpixels.
so I discovered another way to display the grafon nicely. if you have a monitor with some kind of resolution - you make the profile of the actual resolution higher, but it’s a big problem because it doesn’t support more than 2k and waxes 1.5 more resolutions. soft subpixels are obtained in direct multiples of your wave matrix. if the matrix is ​​of a normal size, there are no ladders and soap at the same time peck-peck-peck.
Screen mode - I don't know what it is.
hair works - swoop I remember there were 3 settings. no - herald's mashinka - all characters. if you turn off the monsters and wolves, it seems like they will be dumb bald and seals will be dumb hair, therefore, maximum. Moreover, the quality of these hairworks is very dumb for cutscenes, so here probably the Radeon ones were lucky because they can enable anti-aliasing higher than intended by the developers. Nvidia have naped here. so we put on the maximum for this we have a FPS lock.
the number of houseworks pons on the screen - this can be used to optimize the houseworks, but the developers in patch 103 seem to have decided everything for us. play as intended. so the hairworks flies at a certain distance. if there will be squats in the city, it is reasonable to reduce this quantity. but for the most part the pedmak travels alone therefore ninada.
with shadows I know nothing. to the maximum and that's it. the more shadows there nekstgenovye do not affect performance and there are no additional shadows.
the quality of the relief seems to affect the CPU. it is responsible for the polygonal mesh in the distance. if the forecaster calls for ultra.
water quality this kind of influences the current on the tessellation of water. and nvidia seems to have slept here twice already. tessellation is a current in the sea and there are no other objects and surfaces in the sea. on etam ultra.
the quantity of quality and the range of the grass we stick to the ultra there is nowhere to explain. in fact, the quality of shading of all this vegetation is determined there and the bald spot will move in front. therefore, the developers again thought of everything right for us and quite severely limited the quality of the grass and its visibility. but if we play in fractional resolution and with a mild soap the border of the loading will be erased by the current from the hill, a virgin naked soap will be visible.
din systems and other dinners, you know what it is - do not touch it.
in post-processing we screw it where there is a bit of soap because there are no sub-shadows from streaming sources. even where there is a ssao shbao and shbao + if you have a radeon and there is at the same time the picture does not fall apart from the cross fire + then the greens have sucked in one more time. in fact, the accuracy of the shader is very low and there is no point in disabling it, since shading of shadows works through its grid. therefore, shadows do not eat up regardless of the complexity of the relief or the number of static objects.
the rest of the figs are better off turning off the
actual cho turns out. everything on ultra lok 30 fps can be played with resolution. if you didn’t manage to dobitso 30fps at the very beginning of the game, then it’s better to delete this game and once again go through the first peck-peck pedmak. nipotanulo means. The video card is poorly stupidly set. dusty.

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

MunchkiN 616
"because there is no sense to limit from 30-60"
And I haven’t heard that for a long time. In your opinion, 30 is better than 50, albeit with drawdowns sometimes.
Spoiler Speaking of the resolution, you probably have little idea of ​​what 27 inches is, or you are used to the fact that this size of the screen is not as it should be at a distance of a little less than a meter, but somewhere in three meters.
"there is no anti-aliasing in the game. And so it will be antialiasing through screen interpolarization"
You are far from this sphere. Stop embarrassing yourself. It is enough to be at least an ordinary user to understand that there is anti-aliasing in the game (this is in the first place), and as for your proposal to reduce the resolution as a replacement for anti-aliasing - I think it will be enough for others to understand that this is fierce nonsense.
"Screen mode - I don't know what it is"
Yes, no wonder. They did not enter the game and did not enter the graphics settings.
"here probably lucky the Radionovs"
Assumption based on their own speculations ?! Passed ...
"with shadows, I don't know what. To the maximum and that's all. Moreover, the shadows there are next genes do not affect performance and there are no additional shadows"
Another plus to the fact that you have not been in the game, and even more so. Shadows consume 5+ frames from minimum to maximum, and the difference in 5 screenshots is not visible. As I said above, it is not clear where is worse. They are perfectly replaced by HBAO +.
"The quantity of quality and the range of the grass we stick to the ultra there is nowhere to explain"
The counter of confidence that you are an ordinary forum "troll" has exceeded 97.7%. "
Bottom line: You are a clear fan of Radeon video cards and really hate NVIDIA. Perhaps in this regard, you do not even understand the ordinary settings of the game, and it is hard not to notice how "unusual" they are here. However, you failed. Yes, and with your advice (even if it were said in all seriousness) 20-30% fewer people would play this game due to the small number of frames.
PS I will be glad to hear good criticism, and I will be doubly glad for a sensible amendment. But the flood should take place at the age of 16.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
how easy is it to patch up erroneous conclusions about the baker based on his judgments ...
why about the radeons?
they have an isolated parameter in the driver that is responsible for tessellation multiplayer. hair works is a tessellation of threads (not a square) but they are similar geometric elements. also in the game there is one surface based on extrusion and displansif displacement - this is ocean water.
the bottom line is that in the game all this is where x8. in the radeon driver, this can be raised to the limit of the dx11 value to 63 or 64 depending on how you count. hence on radeon it is possible to get better graphics than on nvidia. since no matter how much I played the game, it does not react with a decrease in FPS to the heavier settings for the hairworks and tessellation through the config. but on the radeon, please.
nvidia has more precise ambien occluded processing modes. but as a rule, the shbao + mode is a process launched directly through the driver. it does not differ in the accuracy of calculating the depth buffer, and the current can be done with anti-aliasing samples. therefore, although the game is formally from nvidia, the irony is that it could be better on the radeon. oh yeah, I don't have modern enough to check.
In your opinion, 30 is better than 50, albeit with drawdowns sometimes.
drawdowns are noticeable, static FPS is not in abundance. so I would not play honorably when during a fight I jump from 40 to 60 depending on the direction of the camera. all the more, at least in the early version, I noticed such a pitfall that the trees are dangling in the wind with an amplitude of a multiple of fps. those if they are moved by the shader, it has a timing that tweaks the distance per frame. and there are a lot of frames, therefore, the movement is synchronous and accelerated. In any case, when I cut in the video recording fraps that limits the lock automatically to 30fps, everything came back to normal, which strongly reminds me of Gothic 4.
maybe it was corrected. beyond version 1.04 or 5, I did not play.
then my own from which I have sealed the rest of the conclusions.
min 690 has this 2 680 figuratively speaking. The performance of this card is very closely dependent on if (however, I have heard rumors that it works badly there lately, but I have not tested it),
so I asked myself a question - should I play ultras on one core as a magician? it turned out that the magician but in low resolution. then I actually started the sli and found a 2-fold increase in FPS, which at the same time refuted the speculation for myself that nvidia was optimizing optimization in old cards. Moreover, the load on the card itself was fantastic due to the additional alpha filtering of textures and forced ultra display qualities in the driver. I have a stock for my native permission. this 1600x1200 at 21 inches or so.
then I found out if there is potential hidden in the game, including testing at 1080p both on a separate screen and through the interpretation of this 1080p through 1600x900 native matrix. low quality of textures makes it senseless to increase FPS higher and makes the game undemanding to GPU memory.
regarding the characteristics of the monitor of its size to the resolution and stretching of this resolution, this is already a question for the balance of the assembly of a particular pitch. pitch-pitch.
and there is no anti-aliasing in the game. the engine is provided with an emseaa. but it caused me to crash, it worked for someone. thaa and taa I did not see there either, although the latter conventionally refers to the marginal and temporary aa. there is only fhaa which is post-processing. with the same condition, bloom can be called smoothing.

Yes, and with your advice, 20-30% fewer people would play this game due to the small number of frames.
if the topic was about describing the settings of the grafon, then the topic was not very successful
if the topic was advice on how to play pitch-pitch. those optimizations - similar topics have been and have been raised more than once. and the moral of the pitch of the fable is that something that works well on the 770 zhifors and the 7 4770k is not a fact that it will work well on a pitch with a different configuration. thus there is a scope for the advice.
But it boils down to the fact that bakers with weak cards have 3 current settings - this is hair nap and the distance of grass for cards that are designated as minimal. the rest of the settings can be especially neglected by sacrificing 10 fps.
for pitches with a weak cpu part but an unlimited graphics card relative to it, it will be better to reduce the display of people and the distance of the geometry. moreover, the hairworks will no longer affect the performance here.

g
grafonoman 11.11.21

about HairWorks - a very cool setting that makes monsters and even more animals very beautiful, I advise you to download a mod that disables HairWorks for Geralt and already the drop in performance will be 90% less

r
regeger 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
One question - why and who needs it, if it is described in an amateurish way. IMHO. People still know how to google - there are professional reviews. Here I see only an assumption on an assumption ...
On the topic:
-The higher the shadows, the better and they eat a lot, with the movement of the slider, the quality of the shadows and the drawing distance are slightly changed;
-Textures are also a rather gluttonous thing, everything here depends on the amount of memory of the video card, the difference in maximum and ultra only in the speed of loading - the resolution is the same;
-The amount of grass is the number of sprites per square meter, that is, the accuracy is insignificantly affects the fps;
-Water quality: minimum - there is no tessellation and binding to weather conditions, average - there is a binding to weather conditions, maximum - there is tessellation and physics of interaction with objects, incl. and with signs. He eats a lot only on Skellig;
-The range of drawing vegetation eats so much, because it includes not only the distance of drawing, but also the detailing of this very drawing, the distance of drawing shadows, the number of objects loaded at the same time;
-Post-processing - even light shafts reduce performance by 1-3 frames;
-The quality of detail is the quality of the displayed particles: splashes of blood and water, dust, igne sparks, etc.
P.S. 980 gtx and 550ti - personally checked. With 4 gigabytes 770, you shouldn't have problems with the increase in shadows and the amount of grass at ultra, but the guys with 660 will have them, and significant ... So why this "review"?