3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DelDark 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Textures flicker. (Dying Light)

I noticed a strange, flickering texture of the floor or walls, sometimes other objects. They flicker when you look at a certain angle or at a certain distance to them. Flickering looks like changing the texture to transparent. Earlier, a year ago I played a game and there were no such problems on my configuration, for a year in the configuration only the system changed from w7 to w10, and of course the driver itself. In other modern games, there are no problems at all. Who has a similar problem? What do you think the developers of the game messed up or nvidia with their crooked drivers?
6 Comments
Sort by:
k
killycrok 11.11.21

Many people had this ...
1) Turn on anti-aliasing in the game.
2) Go to the Nvidia control panel
3) In the panel, click "Manage 3D parameters"
4) Click "Program settings" and select Dying light
5) Set the parameters "Smoothing gamma correction" and "smoothing transparency" as follows: gamma correction on, transparency 8x ...
6) Save and restart the computer.
7) Go into the game and turn off anti-aliasing, play for 5 minutes, if the textures flicker further, then anti-aliasing is on.
Ps if it didn’t help, I don’t know, it helped me personally.

p
pan940 11.11.21

killycrok
Thanks. It helped. Of course, this method did not eliminate the problem by 100%, but the flickering of textures became much more rare. In a couple of hours of playing after changing the parameters in the Nvidia control panel, the flickering of textures appeared only once in the room, but in the open space I did not see them anymore. Thank you again.

k
killycrok 11.11.21

pan940
And also disable "anisanthropic optimization" in the control panel.

p
pan940 11.11.21

killycrok
I have it turned off by default. By and large, I am already very pleased with the result, otherwise it was just a problem before, the textures flickered everywhere and the roofs of houses and walls of houses and car windows and shadows on buildings, in short, it was wildly annoying. By the way, I noticed that this problem appeared after update 1.6, and the next patches in order also remained with the same trouble.

k
killycrok 11.11.21

There were a lot of bugs in the Enhanced edition, I saw about 12 in the first 30 minutes.

K
KpacaBeccc 11.11.21

Rolling back to video driver version 355.60 helped me. GeForce GTX 860M graphics card. After rollback, the flickering of the textures disappeared.