3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
slowlennes 11.11.21 10:45 pm

HDD

For some reason I decided to drive out the hard drives and one of them has such garbage. Do I need to buy a new one, and if it will live, how much?
6 Comments
Sort by:
s
slowlennes 11.11.21

open the picture in a new tab.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 11.11.21

Check the drive Victoria HDD, if SMART writes BAD - it's time to change the disk. And so, the reassigned sectors are not yet a reason for panic, some percentage of sectors can be broken one way or another, it is another matter if there are more of them - this is a tendency, which means it’s time to change the disk.

s
slowlennes 11.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
And further. Tell me as unknowing. 80 mb / s is not enough for hdd? And thanks for the answer. Now I'm going to test

s
slowlennes 11.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
Writes Good. Listen, if I transfer Steam to disk 2, where the speed is ~ 160 mb / s, then GTA 5 won't lag? (I5 3300 gtx 770), otherwise I often have friezes. MB does not have time to load the game?
UPD: Indeed, the game has stopped freezing. pah-pah-pah

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 11.11.21

slowlennes
80 mb / s is not enough for hdd It depends on
what it is, the speed of reading or writing, in tests or when copying a bunch of movies. In tests, for example, such a result is not outstanding, there are hard drives that write / read at ~ 150 and higher. In real work, when copying a bunch of files, this is, in general, not bad, although far from a fountain. However, this is not a reason to change the disk, if that's what you mean.

If I transfer steam to disk 2, where the speed is ~ 160 mb / s, then GTA 5 will not lag?
Try it. :) It can also lag for other reasons, overheating / large fragmentation / driver curves.

s
slowlennes 11.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
Watching it, read or write speed
reading Velocity