3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phantom2014 11.11.21 10:50 pm

Opinions about the game for those who have not decided on the purchase (XCOM 2)

Personally, I liked the game. The game has a cool atmosphere and music. Minuses are probably only in optimization, but I think they will soon be corrected.
18 Comments
Sort by:
y
yberpleks 11.11.21

Optimization, it's already like a tradition, will be delivered with subsequent patches, but the poor random really enrages. There is hope for the modders.

d
den_v_d 11.11.21

such Games are rarely released. so I would be silent about the "poor random".
What's wrong with optimization? my bucket turns everything perfectly (at max. settings). In the videos, upon arrival and departure to the base, it dulls from the base, but this is not critical.

K
Kosh13 11.11.21

For some reason, it seems that the problem is in the optimization because of Nvidia. For all new items, hot firewood is immediately released. And still not on the Hkom.

O
Oleg Bervinov 11.11.21

Phantom2014
I will say this, I played almost 30 hours, IMHO of course:
The atmosphere is really good, my optimization is normal (at the unit level). At first, until I got used to it and understood all the futility of being - the game is good, but the monotony simply kills, that is, the essence of the missions is the same - to overwhelm all the enemies and no matter what is written in the tasks: save the VIP, detonate the charges, etc. Very rarely gameplay diversifies the protection of the mothership from waves of enemies. But it is so rare that the weather does not play. In general, now I am already thinking about wasted money. It's not worth 1.5k. Understand correctly - the game is good, but after 20 hours from the monotony will already be sick.

M
MedvediVodki 11.11.21

I didn't like it. The main problem is that the game is no different from the previous part. Well, guerrilla warfare, more detailed textures, new enemies, and weapon models - these are all differences only on paper, but in fact it is played absolutely the same way. That is, the next Kolda and Assassin has more differences from the previous parts. Also, the game slows down at any settings, although the computer is not the weakest. Bugs are also in place; yesterday, for example, the enemies stopped working, they just stood still and did nothing. These misses are from 2 meters. Apparently I have not had time to miss X-COM yet.

V
Victor Kim 11.11.21

The people may be a little off topic, has anyone tried to connect a gamepad from the xbox is it supported in the game or not?

M
Mark Ionov 11.11.21

Victor Kim
No gamepad support. It was abandoned, apparently for the sake of the steam controller. Drug addicts

V
Victor Kim 11.11.21

Mark Ionov
Hmm, anyway, their steam controller does not cause violent emotions, now they decided to promote it this way)

V
Viktor Ivanov1980 11.11.21

MedvediVodki
Why fix something that is not broken (This is about changes and differences from the first part), after all, you can mess everything up. There are a lot of examples of this. And optimizations and bugs ... but what games are currently released without them?

T
Temhus 11.11.21

As I understand it, you shouldn't take it?

I
Ioannn 11.11.21

Temhus
do not listen to anyone - take it! X-Com 2 has taken its place in the history of the game maker)!

s
seravr 11.11.21

Good game. Yes, it is not very different from the previous parts, but this is the plus - "the best is the enemy of the good." Bugs? - no, I have not. Optimization - at maximum settings, it flies without brakes on ordinary hardware. In recent months, the first game on which you do not mind the money spent.

u
urban.kalabanovich 11.11.21

I sit and lick my lips, but I have a lot of patience. I will wait for all the DLC and go through in the fall, the reward for patience in the modern game industry is often great. Most of the bugs will be fixed with content, the balance will be tweaked, and you can run into a discount. I don't want to spoil my first impressions. And there, perhaps, a large addon will be kicked up by next spring.

Z
ZaKTomSK 11.11.21

I really liked it. And missions for a while as well. It makes you act faster + you still think how to carry out the operation more efficiently without losing soldiers. Sometimes you have to sacrifice. Optimization is perhaps the main drawback. And about the random I can only say one thing - everything was fine with me with hits that in the remake of 2012, what's here. (A miss at 90% point-blank is just a game convention. Those 10% just dropped out)

z
z8TiREX8z 11.11.21

MedvediVodki
These misses from 2 meters. Apparently I have not had time to miss X-COM yet.
In the first part, there were no such misses; right there, at one hundred percent, 100% misses happen.

E
Euroset802 11.11.21

There is only one conclusion: it is not worth buying in the next six months. Bugs will be fixed, DLC will be released and you can watch. And for those who burn to play I sympathize, it is better to find yourself another occupation for now. Early game developers released the game, which spoiled their reputation with the players. I went through the pirate myself, I can say it would be better if I waited. Not critical, but very uncomfortable, even bombed a couple of times about the crash of the preserves from the Chryssalid larva. PS: When they finish, I will definitely buy it.

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

The game is a masterpiece. The first 4 days I was sitting from 9 am and until 1 am I did not climb out of the room (I rent a room, the hostess thought that I was sick in the evening to visit) I still play. Optimization is lame, there are bugs, but essentially nothing critical. The gameplay is not fucked up. We have kept the best of the first part, adding pleasant innovations. I consider missions for the time to be a plus, everything is being carried out, but enough time was killed by stupid waiting when the enemy himself rushes into combat readiness after 15 passes of waiting at one point. The strategic part pleased me, especially on the legend. The game, unlike the first part, does not fizzle out by the second half of the game, when there were endless attacks from downed ships. The cards are nice. Customization is very pleasing. Removed uber classes such as snipers who shoot everything that moves and attack planes that plant 2 * 23 damage from the shotgun at close range. Opponents are each unique in their own way. In general, the game is worth its money, I have played more than 200 hours and I don’t regret the money spent. A worthy continuation of the series.

S
SUSUL1 11.11.21

The main resource is time. Because of this, it is necessary to plan the development of the base very carefully.
Again I realized that I had made a strategic mistake by abandoning a couple of engineers at the beginning of the game and now I start the game again almost from the very beginning, because I did not have time to swing before the magnetic cannons, and already aquabots appeared and there was no intelligence to connect new territories
In general, the game became more interesting. the game has become more fun ...
Shl, and for lovers of downloads for a successful result, I want to remind you that in the first modern Hsom there was a trick when the save remembered the next result and to change it it was necessary to change something, shoot with another unit or fire from a different position ... This was done to protect the game from sideloaders.