3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aips95 11.11.21 10:50 pm

Bloopers in the game (Fallout 4)

Games from Besezda are famous for their "crutches" - for example, in order not to make a separate object - the developers simply drowned the cabinet in Skyrim, and the mannequins are actually bots that were forbidden to move. To create a moving train in Fallout3, they put a train right on the player's head.
Part 4 was not without such "crutches" - The panel for opening the door to the shelter is an NPC - in order not to create an object from which the sound comes, the developers simply replaced the panels of an invisible character who speaks in the voice of the Overseer, creating the effect as if they are talking to you through speaker on the panel.
Panel says
PS Thanks nikita2112 for the reminder. Another crutch fallout4: Power armor standing still and a character in armor are 2 different objects. When a character climbs into the armor object, the armor is removed and the armor parts are attached directly to the player. "Who cares?" you say. The difference is that at this time the skeleton is severely deformed to the character to make it appear that he is in power armor.
Video (not mine) proving that the player is power armor:
There was also a screenshot where the teams removed the visibility of power armor, and there was a deformed character, but I haven't found it yet.
PPS To avoid confusion: I do not aim to make fun of the developers / game, I just find it interesting and amusing at the same time.
17 Comments
Sort by:
n
nikita2112 11.11.21

And where is the human larva as armor?

B
BoB_Er 11.11.21

As if there are no such crutches in other games?
BlackNigerSofa
Well, it won't come to this), after all, at 3 they made a chip with a train only because it could not move 3 parts into moving objects, but a skyrim motor (it is used in fallout 4) can.

B
BoB_Er 11.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
Well, in Skyrim, at least not a hat)

i
in_text 11.11.21

I'm afraid to think how many "crutches" there are in Daymnod City.

V
Verzor 11.11.21

Interesting! I didn't know.

Y
Yarsis 11.11.21

Aips95
and what did it give then that you found it out?) Nonsense to cling to it all, and if you do not use cheats and the console, you will never know and will not notice

A
Aips95 11.11.21

Yarsis
As I already wrote, for me this is an interesting joke like an Easter egg. I think I'm not the only one.

A
Ashley33 11.11.21

A galley addict?

D
Dassent 11.11.21

Aips95 is
funny, keep looking for such crutches, it will be interesting to read

D
Dron_Ur 11.11.21

In the sense of crutches? Dude, you are not familiar with programming at all and have never tried to do that yourself. These are not crutches, but methods of implementation that were developed as they considered most convenient. If this were a crutch, then under certain conditions you would be faced with some impossibilities. But even this would not define a 100% crutch, because this is a program in fact and it is not possible to foresee all exceptions, because especially dull jouzver manage to break something that cannot be broken in any way

A
Atay Wolverine 11.11.21

Mega blooper with ghouls walled up in the fridge or Pulowski's hideout. If the situation with the fact that the boy has not matured can be explained by the suppression of the aging gene in ghouls, then how can one explain the fact that over the centuries of their life in a confined space, their muscles have not atrophied, their skeleton has not been deformed, and what have they been eating all this time? Yes, and a strange shelter, if it cannot be opened from the inside, it is a trap, not a shelter.

m
mdskzo 11.11.21

Atai Wolverine
Yes, and a strange shelter, if it cannot be opened from the inside, it is a trap, not a shelter.
But after all, shelters are not shelters

G
Gennady Moskal 11.11.21

Atai Wolverine
I opened from the inside. I climbed-closed-opened-exited.

v
vlad kuz 11.11.21

Aips95

A
Aips95 11.11.21

vlad kuz
The topic was originally called differently: here I wanted to collect exactly the tricks of the developers for creating objects / situations and not bugs. What about your screen - probably the Deacon is still standing, although he performs the animation of the squat.

I
Igor Gorev 11.11.21

No. Well, why? In fact, well done, well developed, showed ingenuity

r
ripvango 11.11.21

I didn’t know and I don’t want to know. These are not crutches, but implementation methods.