3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
space_monkey 11.11.21 10:51 pm

Can I rename a hard drive?

I really need to rename the only local disk on the computer ... Now it is called F, and I need to change its names with a device with removable media C ... Please tell me how to do this ...
8 Comments
Sort by:
G
G-man 11.11.21

Try using any advanced tweaker for Windows - the same Neo Tweaker - or in the registry itself - with pens ...

C
Cen7Aur 11.11.21

2 space_monkey
right click on the icon "My Computer" => press "Control" => push the tree in teams on "Disk Management" => right-click on the drive and select "Change Drive Letter ..."
on the very

V
VFK 11.11.21

The system drive letter cannot be changed. (It is possible through the registry, but there will be a lot of glitches as a stalemate)

A
Alex-47th 11.11.21

you can change it, just as Cen7Aur said, but first you have to assign the letter W to the disk, for example F (for example), after which the disk of the k-th nun should be renamed in F. A W in C. In short, you will figure it out

s
space_monkey 11.11.21

I did it all, but here's what happens:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1971/3500lw0.jpg
I tried to use Neo Tweaker but did not find the function of renaming the hard drive there, what other tweakers are there that would help me?

n
niknor2017 11.11.21

Hello! Help, Please, Resolve the situation in my case! I decided to Rename the Hard Drive "E", as well as the Folders in it into Russian (in capital letters), as a result of which, for some reason, some folders in which there were files (of different formats) turned out to be empty. those files that were in the corresponding folders? Thank you!

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.11.21

niknor2017
Can chkdsk hold it help him? Then the folders may appear somewhere.

n
niknor2017 11.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Thank you for your help! This question was resolved for me!