3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hardwaredude 11.11.21 10:55 pm

Game Impressions (Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power)

We share our impressions of the release version of the game, whether it's Steam or GOG.

My impression is very bad. There are no more skills, no items, no secrets in the game - absolutely nothing. It's impossible to develop heroes in general now. There is no incentive to return to replay, as there is nothing to seek or develop. The story is short, unfinished, and hints at a sequel.
3D is poorly implemented, and more interferes than brings something new to the game. The gameplay has suffered very, very much due to the transition to 3D. There is no such dynamics as in the previous parts, you often fall into the abyss due to navigation problems. The wizard can now only summon one box, and nothing else is boring. Zoe can only use one standard arrow (forget about explosive, gravitational and ice arrows), you can only cling to a rope in strictly designated places - it's boring. For Pontius, the gameplay is not much different from the previous parts, but for some reason the hammer was taken away from him.
Conclusion: short, clumsy, buggy and simply boring in comparison with the previous parts of the game.
4 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 11.11.21

My mini-review:

The third part of the series begins with a story about the leisure of the three main characters: a warrior rescuing a sheep, a thief exploring an abandoned ruin, and a magician who just watched the turtles on a family vacation by the sea. By the will of fate and a magical artifact, they will have to join forces to try to stop Evil.

The gameplay of the game is classic for the genre: we solve puzzles based on physical laws using the unique abilities of our heroes. A magician, for example, knows how to create boxes from emptiness and has telekinesis, a thief has a bow and rope, and a warrior can hide behind a shield, cut with a sword, etc.
The puzzles in the game are not difficult, the game is played without much stress. A great option for relaxation. Although there are special separate tests in the game, in which, in the event of a hero's death, you have to start from the beginning.
There is also an action section in the game where a bunch of enemies are raining down on you.

However, one moment is very disappointing: the game is very short and ends halfway. Because of this, there is no sense of a solid passage. Therefore, I still refrain from recommending buying this game.

But overall, not bad. But not enough.

PS Didn't play the previous parts. Apparently, a lot of things have been cut in the game (RPG elements, for example, are not present - although they are not needed in puzzle platformers, IMHO), so if you are a fan of the series, you can safely take 2 points from my assessment.

7/10

X
X_ray_83 11.11.21

It seems that this is a demo, but the demos have only negative reviews!

s
sega1985 11.11.21

Who has a thread in the game? I don’t understand anything, it goes smoothly on my computer, but from time to time there are freezes, which makes it impossible to play normally! And on the laptop, although the FPS is less, everything is ok, but the laptop is much weaker! How can this be?

K
Kay Ovald 11.11.21

The continuation of the magnificent arcades turned out ...
Magnificent, beautiful levels have become even more magnificent and beautiful, reaching up to three dimensions. For the third part in a row, developers manage to amaze with more and more beauty and sophistication of the levels.
But here lies the main sadness - the developers overstrained themselves. They were only enough for about a third of what was planned. And even then, behind the outer gloss, many elements were lost. Amodei can now create only one box and nothing else. Moreover, it is for them that it is easiest to go through most of the riddles. Him and Pontius. Zoya, though she learned how to tie ropes, which gives really interesting opportunities for solutions, but the main missions can be completed with simple jumps of Pontius or Amodeus.
Only sadness is caused by the plot, or rather its stub. Again the search for parts of the artifact (we will find only the first one), again the sisters. In general, nothing interesting.
This is not a game, get it right away. It is a monument to a magnificent series of some of the most beautiful arcades in history.
Going through 7 story levels and several additional small levels (there is a joke with Cake!) Is really interesting and very beautiful. But without plot reinforcement, this is certainly not the case.
Disappointing, but still worth playing, it's damn beautiful!
7/10