3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21 10:58 pm

What difficulty do you play? (XCOM 2)

I'm sitting reading a huge number of posts in style, the aliens are stupid, the difficulty is shit, a 5 grenade dug a box, etc. I went through XCOM EU and EW 20 times and around 100 starts on a crazy terminator in each of them. SchA bought XCOM 2 started immediately on the heavy one. Sweated a lot. The second time was heavy (veteran) on the terminator about 3 times, but I also never had to complain. Especially the first encounters of mutons and andromedons. Now there are 62 campaigns on the legendary. WHERE IS IT EASILY TO KILL EVERYTHING ??? As much as I am a fan of XCOM and Tsiva and for me turn-based strategies are the best and favorite. If in EW, even on insanity, it is mostly hard for the first 2-3 months, then in XCOM 2 and on the veteran at the end they give a shit, and on the legend it is total hardcore
21 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hirok 11.11.21

What a fine fellow you are. Pie on the shelf)

S
SemyStall 11.11.21

I play the Legend. Burns up noticeably) The S - L combination helps often. It happens that I go through the mission again.

C
Cosinus13 11.11.21

Sergey Buvaka
And what, the AI ​​on the legendary one grows smarter, or is it just more damage and more lives, well, plus a random not in your direction?
... just interested in your opinion, since you ate the dog on this)))
Well done, hardcore to the masses)

T
TRAHER 14 11.11.21

I play on light, on average, I already have to replay some missions. I'm bad with tactics ((

N
NikronN 11.11.21

I'm a veteran.

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

AI is stupid here by itself! And there's nothing you can do about it! but if in XCOM EW, starting from the 4th month, you can just play with faceroll, then this doesn’t work! The sniper no longer one-shots everyone (well, except for sectopods, although it was in the EU and that), the stormtrooper does not issue 20 points at close range and 2 shots! and the vrazhin's hpshechki became no less! the sectopod has 40 hp and 6 armor on the legendary one! it's tough! andromedon 4 armor and 21 hp plus bastard also dies 2 times! I'm not saying that the AI ​​has become smarter here! No, he is stupid and you often use it, the same sectoids with their zombies, sometimes I don’t even hide fighters from them in cover when sectoids have abilities that are not on CD. but when somewhere you run into 2 packs at least and some kind of sectoid somewhere from the rear resurfaces a zombie and you cannot kill him or are afraid to run up with a ranger to kill him so that another third pack does not spoil causes problems ... just here each mob has its own abilities and they are not repeated in fact in any one! I don’t consider the spearman and the elite spearman to be different mobs! and in XCOM EW, the Mouton Guardsman essentially differed from the sectoid in the current by the presence of a grenade, and then he threw it into the pack, and what the critical sectoid dox, that the muton dox from an attack aircraft or a sniper from a crit ... and no matter how stupid and unpredictable AI was but XCOM 2 in terms of complexity made me very happy! the whole game on the veteran did not allow to relax! especially since I love to play the terminator. and the legendary tin there! HP is more, there are more units, the strategic part is more difficult, I have sectopods running for 2 months already, and I opened a plasma rifle, and snipers and grenadiers are still running with a magnetic one! that's just the mission passed and honestly went nuts ... http: // steamcommunity.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112827257/screenshot/315620234656890524

E
EvgenyDMT 11.11.21

On the most difficult, vapsche izi.

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

I'm not saying that the complexity is impassable or the pinnacle of intelligence! no, but I just really want to look at those who at least play facerol on a veteran without reloads and yell what she is!

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

SemyStall
"Burns noticeably" is sometimes still putting it mildly-) I especially like the fact that the legend includes the "marathon" setting with XCOM EW =) you have to wisely dig compartments, build buildings) and choose which resources on the global map to pick up and which ones to score =) and the game is not blown away in its second half-) which is very, very happy =) And in general they made a good game, the good old XCOM with nice innovations, at the same time they didn’t fuck up some kind of crap. Optimization of konesh would be fixed and some bugs should be fixed-) but I hope this is a matter of time. I bought the DELUXE version and never regretted it, and this is generally my first purchased game-)

C
Counsellor 11.11.21

Sergey Buvaka
AI is stupid here by itself

How does "not stupid" AI look like? Is it who acts like a person? Is this at this stage of development of the brain of developers possible at all?
And then, on a mission with a VIP, the alignment fell out such that the point of activation is on the roof of the skyscraper, in front of the point is a glazed hole, shot from below, under the hole is the last pack / ambush, in front of the hole on the roof there is a landing of reinforcements. So here's the pack that was from below - they didn't rush to the roof after my fighters, although here's the same - a dash / shot / drop all. They dispersed below, sat down to watch and, depending on my movements on the roof, rotated below with a change of the officer's mark, adapting to the situation so that everyone could evacuate without loss.
True, in their place, I would completely bring down the roof, but, apparently, the equipment is not the same, and if this is stupid behavior, how a "globally smart" AI can look like here, I find it difficult to imagine.
And the clearing of the ship's compartment takes 90 days, of course.

So, yes, there is a feeling that someone "vapsche izi" is cunning, to say the least.

G
General-2k 11.11.21

I play on average - sometimes very good. hard

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

Counsellor
That's what I'm talking about! What you need to understand is that AI in games for the next twelve years will not shine with intelligence! But in terms of complexity, it's more than enjoyable and makes you sweat on the veteran, not to mention the legend! and a big breakthrough in this is that now each unit is unique, with unique abilities! and not just a set of units with a different number of hp and damage as it was in XCOM EW. I just sort of get on with different sites and it's the same everywhere. Complexity is shit, AI is dumb! So it's boiling! I would just like to see these ISI gamers how they will play at least on a veteran =) because here, in fact, each enemy must be killed in different ways! and now, since 2-3 months, in fact, few people are taking pictures (well, with the exception of the "Improved Repeater" inserted into the cannon =) it's very nice when a sectopod with 6 armor and 40 hp to go to bed with a poke) the sniper with plasma has crits of 12-15, the attack aircraft has up to 18-) and the classes have changed very nicely! skills have become, in my opinion, much more interesting-) here I play on the insane. it's a thrill =) ass of course och often burns! but does not allow the game to relax at all-)

S
Snip 11.11.21

In principle, I didn’t plan to play the easy one, what would be the next one? normal like? Well, given that I haven't played this for a long time, then, as usual, I initially made a bunch of mistakes, starting with the personal modules, when I could easily stick the evasion on the sniper ... why he doesn't understand why, but I did this, and in the weapons too, to the sniper instead of crit accuracy, although finishing it turned out to be useful =)) As for the game itself and all of the above, at the beginning it was very difficult, I picked up the wrong team, distributed the wrong modules and equipment, in general, sort of trifles, but I often had to replay. Closer to the end, of course, it is not so difficult, a bunch of colonels who in one sitting can easily mow down 2-4 enemies, and cripple a couple more. Although even in this case I sometimes replay a move or two,

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

Snip
As for me, the most optimal is a veteran when you can sweat and not tear your ass. When everything goes through without problems, it doesn't get boring. Although I prefer to play without saves, or boot only when it's a complete ass.

C
Counsellor 11.11.21

this situation with the evacuation so much that he saved, screened and outlined an
ass with a pen,
although, I think, it is only clear to whom who got into this
and the timer, of course, delivers, because on missions without it there are no questions, know change the store and the position of the
veteran in principle differs in terms of clearing the base, from which it follows that in the legend there is nothing to operate with for 3 months, there are no bonuses or at least
the level of defense of the enemy, when well, it seems like 90% should be, here it is, in the palm of your hand, but no, 60% is
this solitaire in 2 ( two!) I spent half an hour to get everyone out

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

Counsellor
Cool. By the way, soybeans who did not know. I played once and did not have time to evacuate all the fighters. Olin stayed, he was recorded as a captive. After some time, I was given a mission to save the VIP, in battle I watch some familiar VIP with a nickname. In short, he returned his fighter, and in general, with the evacuation, a cool thing is especially the fact that the wounded can be carried on the hump (this was wildly lacking in the 1st part) and it's cool that in many missions it is possible to evacuate fighters from any point on the map) got in the ass several times (not loaded I love it, as I said), for example, I managed to pull out the data, but I see that a strong pack was spoiling, and then there was reinforcement and the regiment ranger was bleeding out on the asphalt. As a result, he managed to evacuate everyone, the mission failed, there was no reward, but the event was still averted and the detachment was crippled, but alive.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

Passed veteran (classic or 3rd difficulty). Until I learned all the subtleties of this part, it was hard. Then it became easier, except that the last mission gave a shit. I am going through the second campaign on the legend with mods for additional enemies and rebalancing (towards increasing difficulty). What is an ordinary legend, what is fashionable - burns well. In general, the game has become more difficult, which is only good.

PS: who does not know, the legend does not have the maximum number of mobs in a battle. Those. on the previous difficulties, aggro at least the whole map, only a few enemies (while alive) will fight with you, the rest will sit / go into the shadows. On the legend, wait 2 minutes for the entire map to be sagged, until all 15 digs are close, along with reinforcements, and so on.

S
Sergey Buvaka 11.11.21

Mercurionio
Xs how about the maximum number of enemies, but noticed that they stopped walking in packs of 3 mobs and became 2 packs of two mobs. And they also love very much while you knead the first to pull up the rest. What really gives a shit

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

Sergey Buvaka
It is written in ini. I don't remember where, even the mod is there to remove the restriction on all difficulties. The bottom line is that as soon as you "do the task", well, there, destroy the repeater, the whole armada will run there. Fighting 6v8 is in the order of things in the legend.

C
Counsellor 11.11.21

Sergey Buvaka
did not know about the refund, ATP