3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IntegraCL 11.11.21 11:01 pm

The interface is gone | Need \ "clean \" XCOmEngine.Ini (XCOM 2)

Good day. There was such a problem. Because I have a rather weak campukter - I started surfing forums in order to find a way to increase FPS. I came across a couple of these topics on the same forum (PG). Corrected settings, etc. I go into the game and see a surprise - the interface is gone. Now, in fact, is the purpose of this topic. Dear forum users, could you please drop the name of the parameter responsible for the settings related to the interface, etc. If not, please discard the clean XComEngine.ini ||| And one more request, since someone has responded. Could you give a couple more ways to increase FPS. AMD Radeon HD6570. 4GB RAM, Core I5 ​​4 cores. Thanks in advance. Good luck.

16 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dante_Avitus 11.11.21

If you have a Steam license, just double-check the files. It will restore all files that you have ever changed to standard ones. At least that's how it was for me

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

Dante_Avitus
Unfortunately I have a pirate (

N
NatanieLzZ 11.11.21

IntegraCL
return 2 on detailmode = line. If 1 or 0, then the interface is lost. Although it is not related to the interface, for some reason it affects it (only in this game)

And even if you did not change the DefaultEngine.ini, which lies in "where the games are installed / Xcom2 / XcomGame / Config", then you can delete XcomEngine from the documents, and the game will recreate it.

D
Dante_Avitus 11.11.21

IntegraCL
For the future. Before you change something, do "spass a copy of the file"

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

NatanieLzZ
Thank you!
Dante_Avitus
Usually I never came across such a "misunderstanding" in the form of my problem and did not make backups. But then apparently my laziness played a cruel joke.

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

NatanieLzZ
A small correction ... The problem remained.

N
NatanieLzZ 11.11.21

IntegraCL
and you changed the default config?

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

NatanieLzZ
Default in what sense? I only touched the .ini file and that's it.

N
NatanieLzZ 11.11.21

The
default IntegraCL is DefaultEngine.ini, which is in the game folder. XCOM2 / XcomGame / Config

If you delete the config (XcomEngine.ini), which is located in the folder with MyDocuments / MyGames / Xcom2 / XcomGame / Config, then it will be created at the first start again as it is set in DefaultEngine.ini

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

NatanieLzZ
No. Didn't touch him.

N
NatanieLzZ 11.11.21

IntegraCL
then remove the spoiled one, the game will create a clean

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

NatanieLzZ
Thank you).

N
NatanieLzZ 11.11.21

IntegraCL
glad I was able to help)

I
Iskander2015 11.11.21

IntegraCL
"Could you give a couple more ways to increase FPS"
Here is one of them:
Xcom 2 igruha is not only processor-dependent! What is needed is a bunch of percentages (it is normal) + RAM, there is very little of it !!! - up to complete non-playability in the very near present (the very minimum for modern games is 8GB), add operatives, it is desirable to have 12-16GB and you will be happy! I have 16GB (2x8) and there is another 16GB (4x4) on another computer! So I'll probably very soon take off from there (2x4 = 8GB) and stick it in my main one and I will have 24GB (TIME FOR THIS IS YESTERDAY !!! NOW), although the "mother" supports up to 32GB (I ALT + TABom minimized the game and looked at the resources, so this game wasted 14GB with something)

I
IntegraCL 11.11.21

Iskander2015
14 GB on ultras ?. God. On my dreadnought I play this miracle at "almost-minimal" settings at ~ 60 fps: D

I
Iskander2015 11.11.21

IntegraCL
Yes, but instead of MSAA, FXAA and anisatropy at 4x are set, the rest is all inclusive
AMD FX 8350 BE (BOX) ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX 16Gb GSKill 4Tb WD ASUS 670 GTX 4Gb (PSU 750W)