3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_Balay_ 11.11.21 11:01 pm

Mod that adds something new to the game (Mafia 2)

Hello everyone!
I know, I know that Mafia 2 is already an old game, and that everyone is already waiting for the third part of the game. In general, I love the theme of the mafia, this time attracts with something. However, after thinking about the Mafia, 3 thoughts arose in my head:

1) The first part of the game is already too outdated, despite its huge mass of positive elements. Of course, for 2003, the possibilities, graphics and so on were something new and amazing, but today, in 2015, the graphics and physics (roughly speaking, the game engine) leaves much to be desired. And the possibilities of the game are no longer as cool as they used to be. Therefore, I don't really want to play the first old mafia today (especially after going through the whole plot and a free trip), everything is already known and so.
So I put the first part of the mafia (for myself) in the box of tube games and will not play it until the third part comes out.

2) Now about the third part - I watched the trailer, was a little horrified, but did not lose faith that the developers would lead the game in a more correct direction. I really hope that this game will have a lot of small details (like, for example, in the first mafia). Personally, I do not need a "super-sophisticated" engine to show every drop on the hero's face. It is much more important for me that the third part has a full-fledged freeride, a lot of vehicles, weapons and a lot of everything! A variety of gameplay, many opportunities to spend time without completing tasks, the ability to customize weapons and vehicles, and more. The developers have already promised all this, and God forbid they won't let you down this time!

3) Now let's move on to the second part.
The developers have promised so much and done so little. I would say that 1/2 of the game was lost somewhere. Incomplete scripts, little transport, dull plot, lack of freeride (no need to write that there are mods - they were not developed). The game has no chips, just a little bit. Even the city seems empty, and these identical faces are terrifying. The scariest shot is when the hero eats a sandwich by sticking it into the texture of the head.
Although there are pluses that make me very happy. For example, the game physics and graphics (i.e. the game engine) are at a very high level. The music in the game is simply amazing! Very atmospheric and pleasant. Let's move on to the results of my reflections.

So!
I believe that the first mafia is not relevant today (it needs to be transferred to a new game engine, and this requires a team. I don't think that someone will just do it like that, although the idea is very good (Skywind is an example for you)).
I believe that Mafia 2 has not outlived its usefulness yet. Its game engine is good (it seems that the third part of the game is made on the same engine, only slightly modified). This game needs to be changed, as for me.
The third part has not yet been released and will be released, I think, not earlier than in a year.

============== ==================================== == =======================
I want to draw the attention of all members of the forum and modders who are still interested in the second part!
I propose to slightly modify the second part of the game, remove at least some of the shortcomings and add something new. I want to create a mod build for the second mafia and distribute it!
============ ===================================== === ============ =============

What are the difficulties for this:
- llusion Engine - the game engine. It has a closed code (if I'm not confused)
- I don't know where the game scripts are (I'm talking about the very scripts that were in the form of Lua scripts in the first mafia and with which it was possible to change many game parameters).
- I need comrades-in-arms who are ready to help me and have experience. I can't do it alone!

------- A list of good mods already made (not by me) (if they are included in the assembly, then only with the permission of the authors): ------

1) Mafia 2 bay 1.3 Empire
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_empire_bay_v_1_3_by_nemesis7675-77572/
Author:
SpoylerNemesis7675

2) Cpidometr in km h
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_spidometr_v_kilometrah_v2-38123/
Author :
SpoilerZBEP

3) Smoking characters
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_skript_kuryashchego_vito-63870/
Author:
SpoilerTommyGun26
This mod needs to be slightly changed so that every playable character + some passers-by could smoke

4) Riding in a passenger seat + shooting from a passenger places
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_strelba_iz_passazhirskogo_sidenya-53546/
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_ezda_na_passazhirskom_sidene_bez_skriptov-52775/
Authors:
SpoylerMad Daine and the unknown author of

5) ENB for Mafia 2
http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_graficheskij_addon_enb-81591/

===== ==== What needs to be done (what scripts to write make mods): =========

1) Setting up game traffic:
- there should be not only dirty, but also clean cars
in traffic - add 50 to traffic - cars from the 40s and some new cars from the DLC
- add the possibility of "rare" cars with tuning in traffic

2) Car tuning settings
- add more decals to cars
- add the ability to apply white stripes on the wheels (difficult)
- add the ability to roll back tuning systems (i.e. remove the compressor)
- add the ability to select the sound of the car
- add the ability to change the appearance of car numbers (i.e. not numbers, but the plate itself )

3) Clothes of characters:
- add to all playable characters all the clothes that are in the game (including clothes of passers-by and clothes from DLC)
- increase the number of colors of clothes

4) Other scripts
- add a function for NPCs to go to the car wash auto
- add law-abiding citizens (if they see that you are robbing / breaking into a car, they will shout "police" and something like that)
- add a function for NPCs to go to cafes / bars, order food, eat and leave the bar
- add a sentry to the crime scene (after a robbery of a store, when yellow ribbons are hung on it, a sentry should be standing next to it)
- remove the script for throwing things for NPCs
- add script for playable characters to pick up things and carry them in their hands (like bags / briefcases)

5) Others
- add the ability to remove a car from the garage
- add the ability to select a companion and its functions

6) Complex mods (it may be very difficult to create them)
- add new cars into the game (do something like DLC).
Models can be taken from mods for the first part or from the very part of the game and translate them into high quality + creation of auto parameters.
- adding new clothes to the game
- adding new wheels for tuning cars
- adding tires for tuning cars (ie adjusting their thickness)

If you have read all this to the end, then write your thoughts in the comment!
If you want to help create mods or have any information - share it!
If you support my thoughts - help spread my ideas! Share the link to the forum with your friends!
I hope that at least someone will respond!
Thank you for the attention!
11 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grand Theft Auto 1,000,00 11.11.21

How embarrassing to upset you, but it's all difficult, and there are very few people for this.

L
LuNature 11.11.21

Plak Plak. Alas

m
meagarry 11.11.21

Alex_Balay_ the
first mafia today is not relevant
to anyone as. I recently replayed the first part with pleasure. nostalgia, atmosphere, plot - that is why it will be relevant for a long time. It may be irrelevant for Newphages who did not play it on the way out - but even then not for everyone. I am sure that even for young players, the game can be interesting, since it is one of the best (if not the best) mafia stories in games.
But mafia 2 is not that. Now I'm trying to replay it: and maybe even master it. But it does not add up at all: a frostbitten stupid bandit-gg with the same friend, a complete lack of empathy for the characters in view of what was previously written, a poor standard and unoriginal plot. And the technical part has not gone much from the first mafia: the graphics may have been tightened, but an empty city, clones-NPCs, bad physics, almost complete absence of plot acre lessons - all this remains.
The third part, as is already clear from the videos, goes even further from the origins. As a result, it is already clear that it will be a banal GTA-retro clone. And the only reason why it can be at least somehow playable is the presence of a living world and a sufficient amount of content for entertainment. But this hope is very vague ...

a
agens 11.11.21

Basically, what you wrote is only within the power of developers, well, or very cool scriptwriters, only the latter are mostly on GTA.
But the 6th point is possible to implement.
6) Complex mods (it may be very difficult to create them)
- adding new cars to the game (do something like DLC).
Actually, I have been dealing with this issue for a year now.

A
Alex_Balay_ 11.11.21

meagarry
I understand. Nostalgia is a good feeling, especially for a decent game.
About the plot: the first mafia makes many games in terms of plot and by the standards of our days.
I am a young player, I admit it. And my first serious game after midtown madness 2 was just the first mafia) And I tried it for a long time, already in 2005. I devoted a lot of time to this wonderful game, because even in 2005 the graphics were good, the game possibilities were huge, the missions were varied, and so on. But as time went on, more and more new games came out and the mafia got lost for me.
The second approach to the mafia was just after the release of the second part - I put both at once, compare them for myself. The second mafia pleasantly surprised with the graphics, but its plot was disgusting (compared to the first part), especially the attempts to pull associations with the first part in the form of the murder of Tom Angelo on the globe. But we have to agree that, despite all the white spots of the plot, there are a couple of good plot twists: I was personally touched by the finale a little, Joe was still a positive hero. (Although this is somewhat reminiscent of the death of Paulie from the first part - he is also a good hero, also plump and also a corpse).
And then I decided to go through the first part again. And, oddly enough, I noticed for myself that I was bored. It's like watching an old movie with De Niro for the 10th time, knowing all the plot twists, and enjoying the nostalgia - it gets boring all the same. Freeride, perhaps, will never get bored, but the graphics and physics after more or less modern games hurts the eye.
You can, of course, try to transfer the first part to a cooler engine like unity or even unreal engine 3. Add what everyone wanted so much - but who will go for it? It's easier to change the second part a little than to torment with the first.
And in general, I understand the position of people about the Mafia - everyone compares the 2 parts, and against the background of the first mafia, the second does not look at all from the point of view of originality and "mafia".
And about the fact that "the first is the best, only oldfags will understand" - this is not so. You just need to start acquaintance with a series of games from the first part, then go through the second, chewing an unpleasant aftertaste, and then try the third part. To feel the spirit of the mafia.

A
Alex_Balay_ 11.11.21

agens
What exactly? Please write everything down here!

c
cripples 11.11.21

Alex_Balay_
You know, I would not mind if the mafia 1 was transferred to the mafia engine 2

N
Nervios 11.11.21

In general, the mafia 2 is not so bad it was ruined by the greed of the developers, to release a stub and then sell the DLS separately. I played all the DLS, I have the feeling that these DLS were cut out as additional missions to the original. What's the point of making such large-scale mods? If kind people do (although this is unlikely), then it will be PIRATE, in fact, but you can read about pirates on pg ... Official development will not undertake this because the game has failed, according to the current "" game thinking "" if the sequel does not bring profit, then why bother.

S
SnowyEveningNB 11.11.21

This is too naive a view. The game is already 5 years old, and most of what could be done has already been done. The script for the NPC's arrival at the car wash? For this, there must be new forks and invisible paths for cars: available only to developers; new cars? For 5 years people have been trying to add cars to the game, but no one has succeeded; not so long ago there was a new version of some kind of 3D modeling program that allows you to extract car models from Mafia for use in other games. Extract but not add. Only developers can do it.
In 2011, I was just as enthusiastic. The impossibility of implementation became clear to me after getting acquainted with the phrases "game engine", "program code", "3D" and so on ...

D
Den2I0I 11.11.21

And can you ask a new cool Free ride like an Empier Bey coming soon?

P
PetrGT1999 11.11.21

Drifter_783 is
not known if it will be done then it will be released