3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chemee93 11.11.21 11:03 pm

Geralt's skill problem (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In general: set myself a mod "Better Combat Evolved 2.0" which makes the game hardcore. Brief description of the mod: removes restrictions on the level of equipment, complicates crafting and impoverishes the found loot, also changes skill branches (reduces bonuses from skills, all second levels of signs, fencing skills (whirlwind and powerful attack), open from the very beginning, I think you understood.) Started NG + and for the mod to work it was necessary to drink the "Potion of Purification". Everything worked, but after a while it became difficult to play (any skirmish with wolves or dogs is sheer hell, not to mention the bosses, and to craft gear norms is only a dream). I removed the mod, but the changed skill branches remained, I would like to return to vanilla ones, but I don't know how. To start again from the beginning is reluctant, since quite a lot has already passed. If anyone has come across this,
Here is a screenshot of one of the branches:
Spoiler
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
AlexBlade95 11.11.21

Reinstall the game (mod deleted some of the files with skills)

C
Chemee93 11.11.21

AlexBladeX
I 'll try, but after removing the mod, NG and NG + work fine, and loading the save made at the moment with the mod remains changed.

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

what the lazy cheaters deserve

d
dima1989rus22 11.11.21

better play without mods and the game is buggy

S
Stribogg 11.11.21

Chemee93
Is it really so difficult to understand that the mod does not change any files, but just at the moment of the game itself, it changes the logic of obtaining skills, skills, etc. That is, do not delete it, but already all the skills and skills in the saves, how do you even imagine everything to "fix" for vanilla, if you have already received all this? It's like asking a question - how to change the acquired skills in vanilla saving .. The answer is ONE - to start without mods that change the gameplay and the logic of the game.

V
Vagаbund 11.11.21

Chemee93
This is the problem, you have a damaged save. And overhauling the game with the mod removed is unlikely to help. The only advice I can give is to reset the character, and then attack him again, but I don't know if the skills will reset.
In short:
1. Reset the character with the cleardevelop command
2. Return the level of the levelup character to the required level or setlevel (*) - in brackets, instead of an asterisk - the required level

S
Stribogg 11.11.21

dima1989rus22
Advise what you understand. Mod to fashion strife.

S
Stribogg 11.11.21

Vagabund
All this crap is easier to replace with a new one =)) I don't see anything terrible in this, it's still a witcher, and not some kind of lara croft
And the save is not damaged, a normal save, just created with the logic that the mod asked. =))

V
Vagаbund 11.11.21

Stribogg
Well, he seems to have written that he is not particularly eager to replay. And in any case, he will have to do it if he does not find a way to rectify his situation. Well, or put up with it and continue playing on this save. It is up to him to decide in any case, and an attempt is not torture)

V
Vagаbund 11.11.21

Stribogg
He won't get any worse anyway.
Let's not breed demagoguery) You are right and no doubt about it. The author of the topic will now have the experience of sadly using mods behind them)